shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#393713 - 26/09/01 02:39 PM Welcome
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
This new forum is designed to allow XOC members to ask questions about aftermarket parts, and have them answered by the actual manufacturer.

In the past, manufacturers (who do, and don't advertise on XOC) have been reluctant to post on XOC.

When a question is posted, the first response will be from the manufacturer requested. Any post from an XOC member prior to the manufacturers response will be removed.

Once the manufacturer has replied to the post, others may join in as long as questions remain on topic.

This forum will also be used by manufacturers to gain feedback on new product ideas, and changes to existing products.

This is a test forum, and may be removed at anytime if it doesn't go the way it is intended.

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: xoc ]

#393714 - 26/09/01 03:21 PM Re: Welcome
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
good job!

is this also a place to bring gripes with customer service, instead of in the usual parts & accessories posts?

Good to see this on the site.

Matt

#393715 - 26/09/01 03:24 PM Re: Welcome
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by matt peckham:
is this also a place to bring gripes with customer service, instead of in the usual parts & accessories posts?

If the customer service problem is with a manufacturer other than Nissan, or your local dealer.

If I can get someone from Nissan who is willing to answer posts here, they will be included, but currently, this forum will focus on the manufacturers who advertise here.

#393716 - 26/09/01 03:26 PM Re: Welcome
Schludwiller Offline

Loc: Redmond,WA
Quote:
Originally posted by matt peckham:
good job!

Good to see this on the site.
Matt

I would prefer not to see the conversation diluted by gripes about customer service. Couldn't that take place on another forum? I find having access to the manufacturers more valuable in the long run than bitching about where my tracking code is.

Keep in mind if this forum moves in the right direction it would be a rather unique situation for Xterra owners that will benefit many of us.

#393717 - 26/09/01 04:36 PM Re: Welcome
calmini Offline

Loc: Bakersfield , CA
Glad to see that there's a place for people to ask direct questions of suppliers like ourselves here at CALMINI. We'll try to keep up with it as much as time permits. If you post a question and don't receive a timely response, please e-mail us at: sales@calmini.com or call us toll-free at: 800-345-3305. Thanks & regards, Steve Kramer, VP CALMINI Products Inc.

#393718 - 26/09/01 04:52 PM Re: Welcome
Sc00ter Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas(But retired Cali...
I agree with Schlud and Moby. This has a good chance of benefitting Xterra owners greatly. Let's not make the manufacturers reluctant to post/respond because of the propensity of flaming, yes flaming, on this board.

scoot

-- A typical morning at Candlewood suites.

#393719 - 26/09/01 05:02 PM Re: Welcome
XterraIncognita Offline

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Super big thumbs up! Hands down the best new forum idea since I started visiting XOC. Thanks for implementing such a useful forum, Ian.

#393720 - 26/09/01 05:42 PM Re: Welcome
XOC Offline
Admin

Everyone needs to realize that the rules I posted are strict. It's only been an hour, and I've deleted 1 thread and 3 messages.

Play by the rules, it's that simple.

#393721 - 26/09/01 05:59 PM Re: Welcome
Gauravvv Offline

Loc: Queens, NY
Sir, you didnt have to delete my entire post on wheels. I didnt post anything wrong, all i did was post on a type of wheel i wanted for MY truck, not for socal x whatever's truck, couldnt it be possible to bring back my post and delete his comment or something, I apologize for whatever i said on the last post that had it deleted but I dont think its fair if I ask a question on the forum and all i get are remarks about guys trying to refrain from "flaming" me or "letting me go" for making a comment

#393722 - 26/09/01 06:28 PM Re: Welcome
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Guilty! Sorry Ian but A) it was just too much to ignore and B)I knew that you'd delete it after I commented as per your rules. (slapping own wrist) Won't happen again. But jeez, wanting to go out and by 17 inch 2002 wheels?? WHY??????????? Is "sir" your new moniker? I'm having a Flying dog as I type..God bless Colorado!

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: socalpunX ]

#393723 - 26/09/01 06:32 PM Re: Welcome
Gauravvv Offline

Why not? I dont go offroading nor do I plan on going offroading, so I dont need huge diameter tires, plus I think the 17" wheels look very cool, and would only enhance my truck.

#393724 - 26/09/01 06:39 PM Re: Welcome
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
I never claimed to be some X guru.I am hardly that. I've seen two of your posts and thought they deserved some good natured ribbing. I can see you're sensitive. O.K. then . You enjoy them. Just keep in mind for what you'd pay for those things you could get some really nice aftermarket wheels and probably have money left over for tires and a big wing for the back. Have fun .

#393725 - 26/09/01 06:47 PM Re: Welcome
Gauravvv Offline

why dont you go slap your "wrist" some more, i never specifically asked your ignorant ass to reply

#393726 - 26/09/01 06:47 PM Re: Welcome
pepper kay Offline

Loc: TX
Ian and others:

I will trust that we can all watch our language in this forum ...

#393727 - 26/09/01 07:53 PM Re: Welcome
bn300 Offline

Loc: Buffalo, MN
Well. I can see this is going along splendidly.

#393728 - 26/09/01 08:12 PM Re: Welcome
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaurav Masala:
Sir, you didnt have to delete my entire post on wheels.

Your post belonged in the Tires and Suspension forum, not here.

Like I have said 3 times now, the rules on this forum will be very strict.

#393729 - 26/09/01 08:43 PM Re: Welcome
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Ian.. due to the fact that Fabritron is not computer savy.. May I be allowed to speak on their behalf?

#393730 - 26/09/01 08:48 PM Re: Welcome
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I retract my request to have the bitching on companies in here, it's not really the forum for it, as it may scare the aftermarket folks away. but it would be nice if it weren't in the parts and Accessories forum, I am so sick of complaints about shipping. that really doesn't affect my Xterra.

Glad to see this forum is coming to fruition!

Matt

Matt

#393731 - 26/09/01 10:47 PM Re: Welcome
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Does Nissan Xterra aftermarket parts manufacturers join offroad exhibits/expos? I'd like to hear from Calmini, SLR, EOE et al. and would definitely love to see their displays and products on future off-road exhibits.

#393732 - 26/09/01 11:13 PM Re: Welcome
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Ian.. due to the fact that Fabritron is not computer savy.. May I be allowed to speak on their behalf?

Nope, sorry.

This forum will be as un-biased as I can make it. Everything must come directly from a manufacturer.

Anyone can access this site from a computer anywhere in the world, so there is no excuse for a manufacturer not to be able to post here.

#393733 - 27/09/01 06:01 AM Re: Welcome
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:

Nope, sorry.

This forum will be as un-biased as I can make it. Everything must come directly from a manufacturer.

Seems fairly biased if you omit people that do not use the internet and are unable to get the info to this board.

But hey.. it is your board.

#393734 - 27/09/01 06:41 AM Re: Welcome
Griffin's_Girl Offline

Loc: TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:

Seems fairly biased if you omit people that do not use the internet and are unable to get the info to this board.

But hey.. it is your board.

Carlton, I thought you work for Fabritron. Would that qualify you as "being" the manufacturer? Or could you act as the liason?

Just some thoughts, because if you exclude those who don't have access, or the the knowledge, to be able to get to the site, then you're going to have an exclusive forum for EOE, since Calmini has already said they don't have the time to keep up with it.

Just my 2 cents.

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Griffin's_Girl ]

#393735 - 27/09/01 07:56 AM Re: Welcome
Carlton McMillan Offline

Well.. I have spent many hours up there helping them fabricate products as well as helped in the development of other products so by that defination I suppose you could say that I do work for them.

Ian.. does that qualify?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal