shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#393886 - 20/12/07 03:43 PM SLR - Out of business?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
A bunch of people ordered stuff, the money is gone, the web site is down, the phones are disconnected...off hand, these are bad signs.

Is SLR still in business?

Are they going to try to finish existing orders/return money to those not receiving orders?

Could someone from SLR, or someone who knows the answer, clear this up?

Maybe post a new contact #/e-mail...so people w/o order and w/o $ do not panic as badly?

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#393887 - 20/12/07 03:52 PM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The website is still up.

That said, I feel pretty certain that it'll be down within 60 days, since that will likely be how long the hosting company will keep it up before shutting it for non-payment.

It's really too bad. I have a bunch of SLR stuff on my truck and wanted to get even more, since it is so well made. But, even as a staunch supporter of his, I would have a hard time buying from him again.

#393888 - 20/12/07 07:15 PM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

someone call Porter since he was in their shop.

http://porterracecars.com/contact.html

#393889 - 21/12/07 05:02 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Copied from another post on the Porter subject.

Hello everyone my name is Bryan and unfortunately my first post here is going to be somewhat negative to get the word out. As I'm sure most people know now SLR is out of business (I called Porter Race Cars and confirmed this, as this was where Spencer was renting his shop.) Now I'm not one to usually be negative about someone but this guy has given me the run around for about a year now. I just got wind of this yesterday about him going out of business. I tried doing everything in my power to contact this guy to get something resolved. But to no avail he is no where to be found. My story starts about a year ago (around January 07) I had just purchased a Nissan frontier and was excited to hear that Titan parts easily swap out for the Frontier parts. So I called Spencer Low Racing and asked him to fab up and box some lower Titan arms. He said no prob. and said it was going to be around 800 bucks. Now I didn't have 800 bucks at that time so I paid him in installments, the first time was 400 and the second time was 300. So it was 700.00 dollars total. Fast forward to July-August time frame still nothing I called him up for an update, still no progress so I told him I wasn't going to give him any more money untill he's done and ready to ship. Now it hits September time frame and still nothing. So I proceded to call him up and tell him I wanted my money back. I ended up going with Allied offroad to do my suspension for my frontier. Fast forward to today I tried calling his shop and his phone number is disconnected. I called the Rialto police and they said that "I" have to do all the leg work in finding this guy and that it would be illegal to give out his address and phone number. So I proceeded to search for this guy on the internet and found an address and phone number to an address in Parker, AZ. I think he moved back to Parker, Az to avoid people comming after him in Rialto, Ca. I called that number and this is what I got. Me: "Hello may I speak to Spencer Low?" Spencer: This is him." Me: "Did you use to own SLR?" Spencer: "How did you get this number? Don't ever call this number again!!" Now normally if I had the wrong number someone would say you have the wrong number, but why would he get so defensive? I proceeded to call 2 more times and he said he never owned or heard of SLR and that he was going to call the cops on me. Oh and btw I am not the only victim, there are others that are out some money.

#393890 - 21/12/07 07:48 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
TJ Offline

http://www.streetperformance.com/index.html?detailedlisting=25443

This is a california address, it links to two others.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?cat=slr&formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=8199%20Mar%20Vista%20Ct&city=Riverside&state=CA&zipcode=92504%2d4372&country=US&geodiff=1

I also called the old Az address, and a person answered "for Spencer Low", but then said she had no idea where he was, he's left years ago.

http://destinations.countrycoach.com/index.cfm?article=154

I know people he owes $ too, including friends from overseas he took $, and vanished.

I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt...but, based upon his lack of response, etc....I think its time to go after him and make this right.

Anyone up for a manhunt?

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#393891 - 21/12/07 07:58 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Parker is Spencer Sr. He does not deserve the harassment I am sure he is going to get from the antics of Spencer Jr.

Senior stops by the office here about once a year, awesome guy.

#393892 - 21/12/07 08:11 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
The Parker is Spencer Sr. He does not deserve the harassment I am sure he is going to get from the antics of Spencer Jr.

Senior stops by the office here about once a year, awesome guy.
x2 Jr is the one that ran the business to the ground.

#393893 - 21/12/07 08:21 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Somehow I am not suprised to see this happen. [ThumbsDown]

#393894 - 21/12/07 08:38 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
Jr is the one that ran the business to the ground.
It's always the prodigal son who goes wrong! smile

#393895 - 21/12/07 09:08 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
TJ Offline

So - How to track down the bad son, w/o harrassing the good father?

laugh

Maybe he has his side of the story to tell?

#393896 - 21/12/07 09:34 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

All I wanna know is how and where to get replacement parts for my UCA's

#393897 - 21/12/07 09:59 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got lucky and got a new set of bushings before he went toes up. If I can find the old ones I'll measure and post up the size. The balljoints can replaced with Pathfinder or Hardbody parts from NAPA.

#393898 - 21/12/07 10:18 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know the "Spencer" who used to answer the phone there looks at this forum, he referenced it in some emails with me. Didn't like what I had to say about how he ran his business.

I disputed the charges with my credit card company for the money he stole from me (for undelivered product). Still waiting to see the outcome.

I don't see how anyone could have defended what this guy did. He clearly was charging people and holding money that didn't belong to him. Others like me have been posting this stuff here for 3 or 4 months now. It's a shame to hear we're most likely out the money we spent.

#393899 - 21/12/07 03:35 PM Re: SLR - Out of business?
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by jc502:

... He clearly was charging people and holding money that didn't belong to him. Others like me have been posting this stuff here for 3 or 4 months now. It's a shame to hear we're most likely out the money we spent.
Not to change topics but that is the greatest thing about Calmini. They never charge you till your parts shipped unlike SLR and 4x4parts.

#393900 - 21/12/07 04:16 PM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XOC:
Quote:
Originally posted by jc502:
[b]
... He clearly was charging people and holding money that didn't belong to him. Others like me have been posting this stuff here for 3 or 4 months now. It's a shame to hear we're most likely out the money we spent.
Not to change topics but that is the greatest thing about Calmini. They never charge you till your parts shipped unlike SLR and 4x4parts.[/b]
Well not to change topics yet again but... Calmini whore! wink

#393901 - 22/12/07 12:18 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone needs to find this Spencer guy and bring him to justice. I'm out $120 for my front shocks that never came. And from the previous posts some lost much more.

#393902 - 22/12/07 09:28 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
TJ Offline

A buddy in Venezuela ordered more like a grand in parts- by cashiers check...and got NADA.

frown

#393903 - 22/12/07 10:41 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since I started posting on this topic, my hope has been that someone who was thinking of sending SLR money might have been forewarned and avoided the headache and loss.

The biggest thing I regret was buying into the whole "cut him a break, he's a good guy" posts/advice I got here. That led to a delay in filing a complaint with my credit card company, which most likely eliminated any hope of getting $ back (within 30 days of purchase, there is no dispute, just auto refund). Now I wait and see.

In the end...this is the first time I have gotten ripped off in many years off purchasing over the internet. If SLR was local to me, I'm sure I would have had different results. Nothing like face to face communication..... [Huh?]

#393904 - 22/12/07 10:47 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Here is what the front page of SLR should look like if coded correctly...it does provide a follow up email address to contact...perhaps someone should try that...

#393905 - 22/12/07 03:36 PM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jc502:

Not to change topics but that is the greatest thing about Calmini. They never charge you till your parts shipped unlike SLR and 4x4parts.
AND yet so many people complained about Calmini. I wonder how many will change their attitudes on them and start buying from Calmini [LOL]

AND that e-mail on SLR webpage=not gonna work. WE HAVE TO do a man hunt here guys!

#393906 - 23/12/07 05:42 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its really to bad that he drove his business into the ground and F#C@ED others in the process. His product is really good, he could have really done somthing for the Nissan Community besides Fuckem over.

I have a bunch of his shit and am real happy with it, to bad.

#393907 - 23/12/07 03:41 PM Re: SLR - Out of business?
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Businesses close....But customers having money stolen (and that's what it is...theft) is unforgivable.

Anyone who takes money and doesn't honor an obligation to deliver product for which that money is intended is no better than a common thief.....realistically is simply a common thief...or worse because they are betraying the trust of customers who expect the business to fulfill the order for which their money is being taken.

And therefore lower than a piece of shit in my eyes.

Screw him. cool

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#393908 - 24/12/07 07:41 AM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

As much as it sucks, you guys probably won't ever see a penny unless you take him to court on it, which just isn't worth the trouble unless you all band together and go class action on him.

I too just rolled eyes at the "but he's a great guy, give him a break comments..." You don't take someone's money and never deliver product, or worse yet, just go out of business leaving people high and dry.

If it's over 60 days, and you did it on a credit card, you're fucked.

It's too bad spoiled Jr. took the good company name and ran it into the ground.

#393909 - 24/12/07 03:02 PM Re: SLR - Out of business?
Anonymous
Unregistered

"I too just rolled eyes at the "but he's a great guy, give him a break comments..." You don't take someone's money and never deliver product, or worse yet, just go out of business leaving people high and dry."

Yeah, I got the impression I was being strung along by SLR, but I kept hearing here how people were still dealing with him, people who talked as if they knew him, saying he was just behind, etc...etc...

After 60 days in my case. Consider me [Finger] ed

#393910 - 24/12/07 04:20 PM Re: SLR - Out of business?
XOC Offline
Admin

This whole thing is like MVM but with products that did not suck.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal