2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394045 - 13/11/01 04:25 PM Skid - Row Rear Bumper
CheetaraX Offline

Loc: Ft. Collins
Hey I am not sure if Skid Row comes here and looks at this site but I was wondering how the development of the rear bumper is going? I am excited to see a bumper coming out that is designed to hold more than just the rear tire. I know when I called you said "its coming." Also if any of the MAXC boyz have any inside info that would work here. Just like XOC for Calmini MAXC for Skid Row. Thanks guys

laugh

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: CheetaraX ]

#394046 - 13/11/01 06:05 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Skid Row never comes here
so you wil not get an answer straight from them on this forum

http://www.skidplates.com/contact.htm

#394047 - 14/11/01 08:42 AM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
CheetaraX Offline

olegkha,

Thanks for the info. The real reason for the post was to spark some interest and get some other owners contacting Skid Row so they see that there is really a maket for this bumper and people out there to buy it. From talking with them on the phone it is the most capable swing a way concept so far. Gas Can mount possible Hi Lift mount Spare tire possibly angled (jeep influence I am sure). All this and the lines are said to match the X's curve on the back end. Thanks though for the link.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: CheetaraX ]

#394048 - 14/11/01 11:52 AM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
CheetaraX Offline

Okay I called during lunch and this is what they have. Spare tire mounted off on the drivers side. Pivot point on the passanger side. Gas Can, Hi-Lift, and Antenna mount options. They are hoping to have it out by trail season (early next year). Whom ever is going in to have them do some front bumper work, install the winch and lift talk to them. They need vehicals to try this out on. If only I lived down there I would be all over that.

#394049 - 14/11/01 05:39 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
where do ya live?

#394050 - 15/11/01 12:32 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
CheetaraX Offline

Fort Collins, Colorado

#394051 - 15/11/01 01:47 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
Philosopher Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by CheetaraX:
Okay I called during lunch and this is what they have. Spare tire mounted off on the drivers side. Pivot point on the passanger side. Gas Can, Hi-Lift, and Antenna mount options. They are hoping to have it out by trail season (early next year). Whom ever is going in to have them do some front bumper work, install the winch and lift talk to them. They need vehicals to try this out on. If only I lived down there I would be all over that.

A fellow MAXC member is doing that, when more info is available it will be posted.

You have plenty of companies that you could work with in Colorado.

#394052 - 15/11/01 03:00 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

#394053 - 15/11/01 05:17 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
The Skid Row bumper is going to kick ass! If you can wait it will be worth it. I know this because, well, I expect it to look a lot like the bumpers Synchro and I have. Only difference is it will be ready to go out of the box and not require hours and hours of re-engineering.

#394054 - 15/11/01 06:55 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
ned946 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Like... Slee Off Road

That yellow toyota is one decent looking vehicle (except for the color). :p

#394055 - 15/11/01 07:16 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
Matt Peckham Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
The Skid Row bumper is going to kick ass! If you can wait it will be worth it. I know this because, well, I expect it to look a lot like the bumpers Synchro and I have. Only difference is it will be ready to go out of the box and not require hours and hours of re-engineering.

I hope they have a design that keeps the tire closer to the venicle. No offense, but the first KMA placed the tire so far away from the lift gate it looked like you could park between them.

#394056 - 15/11/01 10:13 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
ChuckH Offline

Well, it's almost impossible to get the tire close to the back of the truck without significant modifications. If the Skid Row is designed the way I think it will be (like mine), the tire will be on an adjustable sleeve. Unfortunately, if you want the hi-Lift mount and the Jerry Can mount, you will have to set the tire further away. When I don't have my jerry can or hi-lift on, my tire still sits out a bit and the slider arm goes all the way in to within about 1/2" of the hatch. I think it looks fine, but a lot of people may not like it. It's not as far out as the original KMA, but it's not exactly close in either. You've seen it, right? Without the extra attachments though, the slider can be made shorter so it will go in more like on Schludwillers bumper (my other project). Anyway, I'm sure Skid Row will make different length sliders according to what you want. Those who don't order the jerry can and hi-lift mount should get the shorter shaft.

One nice thing about my KMA is that it was such a piece of crap that I wasn't afraid to cut it up and modify it. So, I was able to build it the way I wanted. I don't mind that the tire sits out a bit and the extra versitility I got out of it is well worth it to me.

#394057 - 16/11/01 06:18 AM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
Matt Peckham Offline

wonder if KMA can send you the parts after they are all cut, so a professional can weld them up...

I actually know someone who would do a good job and it'd probably cost a couple of six packs...

Matt

#394058 - 16/11/01 07:32 AM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
Philosopher Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:
wonder if KMA can send you the parts after they are all cut, so a professional can weld them up...

I actually know someone who would do a good job and it'd probably cost a couple of six packs...

Matt

That's what I said like a year ago - they should sell just the parts, and the buyer puts them together ... kind of like Ikea.

#394059 - 16/11/01 01:45 PM Re: Skid - Row Rear Bumper
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:

Matt

Haha, unfortunately what's true about their welding skills also applies to their cutting and drilling skills. Might as well just do it all yourself.

:rolleyes:

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal