2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394513 - 06/12/01 08:18 PM EOE and the ARB
SSRXterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Tx, 78248
Is there any chance Todd that you are going to offer a bolt on appliction for the ARB to raise it up for both a 2 and 3" body lift?

I will be putting a 3" body lift on next weekend, and simply want to know if cutting the ARB and having something made up and welded to it then bolted in the reg mounting points is the only way to go, or if you will be offering something simple that will bolt to the reg mounting points on the frame and only the two front mounting holes on the ARB only having to cut off the rear mounting poing on the ARB.

How soon would it be ready for order? Could you build one up for a "special order?"

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: SSRXterra ]

#394514 - 07/12/01 02:45 PM Re: EOE and the ARB
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY

#394515 - 07/12/01 02:46 PM Re: EOE and the ARB
SSRXterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Tx, 78248
Yeah I got it, thanks tho.

#394516 - 10/12/01 01:43 PM Re: EOE and the ARB
Extreme Offroad Equipment Offline

Loc: Newton, NJ
Well I have to say it would be real difficult to offer the ARB lift cradles in a kit form as many of us know all of our frames are a bit different, I installed another one yesterday on another X and for the strongest connection to the truck the holes need to be drilled in the cradle taking measurments from each truck. Nissan obviously knows the tolerances are not that great, just take a look at the stock bumper brackets and frame connecting bar(the one you ditch with the ARB) and you will see the holes are ovalized and leave a lot of room to wiggle around. I just don't see how i can make a kit without doing the same to the holes but this could allow the ARB to shift slightly...any thoughts?

"Not all Trails have a Bypass"
www.Extreme4x4Parts.com
sales@Extreme4x4parts.com

#394517 - 10/12/01 02:22 PM Re: EOE and the ARB
Strom Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Extreme Offroad Equipment:
Well I have to say it would be real difficult to offer the ARB lift cradles in a kit form as many of us know all of our frames are a bit different, I installed another one yesterday on another X and for the strongest connection to the truck the holes need to be drilled in the cradle taking measurments from each truck. Nissan obviously knows the tolerances are not that great, just take a look at the stock bumper brackets and frame connecting bar(the one you ditch with the ARB) and you will see the holes are ovalized and leave a lot of room to wiggle around. I just don't see how i can make a kit without doing the same to the holes but this could allow the ARB to shift slightly...any thoughts?

Maybe you could make a "general" cradle for the ARB that we would have to drill the holes in ourselves, after taking measurements.
Or, could you have people send you measurements? That would probably be rather difficult.
I'll keep thinking. smile

#394518 - 10/12/01 02:38 PM Re: EOE and the ARB
rhombus Offline

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Strom:

Maybe you could make a "general" cradle for the ARB that we would have to drill the holes in ourselves, after taking measurements.
Or, could you have people send you measurements? That would probably be rather difficult.
I'll keep thinking. smile

I think that is a good idea.
Then at least people can get the parts and just have to put them together.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal