2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394562 - 21/04/03 07:28 PM SLR
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
The point of me editing the message (rather than deleting it) is as follows.

For a VERY long time XOC has been a place where a vendor could go and promote his or her products for free and reach a good sized group of people.

For a time Ian was taking parts in trade for such advertising.

Both of these things are changing. As some of you know XOC takes money to run (supporting members). Because of this fact XOC is trying to gain monetary support by means of advertising.

Vendors such as Xterraparts.com, Raingler Calmini and others are stepping up to this and paying for advertising (and therefore the permission to interact and sell their products on XOC)

Never has it been the motive of Ian or XOC to censure any xterra member post. However in light of XOC trying to make money to support itself it has become necessary to limit vendors from posting information on this board without paying for advertising.

Over three weeks ago SLR was sent information on how to become a paying advertiser on the Xterra Owners Club message board. They did not respond to that information. Because of their lack of interest in supporting the message board, that for them has in the past been their primary outlet for new and upcoming products, it was decided that any posts that they made be truncated or deleted. I chose to shorten the message so as to show a means of contact for SLR rather than to delete the message outright.

I have spoken to many of you about the editing of the SLR post and understand your concerns regarding not allowing a vendor to speak in behalf of their product. To this I would say that we have gotten along for quite some time without Nissan responding on the board to some of the problems that we have had with our Xterra's and we have found ways to resolve these problems. I feel that the same will be true of vendors that choose not to support the message forum that is bringing them business.

To SLR the offer still stands for you to become a paying advertiser here on the XOC and if you have any questions regarding the advertising information that was sent to you please feel free to contact me.

P.S. I did not nuke the original thread and it is not in the ADMIN section so I assume that the original poster did away with it.

edit: this was my last post on that topic.

#394563 - 21/04/03 08:39 PM Re: SLR
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
Yup, sorry Carlton, but I removed original thread, it just went into direction it never meant to be.

I do believe that moderation issues are to be discussed elsewhere, and idea of original post was to just show some customer service issues SLR got. I am not to judge quality of their products, since i am not professional mechanic, nor i want badmouth them. But they apparently got some unresolved problems , since i wasnt one who got issues with their service.

Probably Dano right and we should post things like that somewhere else, but then i dont see him complaining about post with praises to manufacturers in this particular part of board 8)

In either case i just decided to cut thread out, since it started to look like eye poking, instead of adult conversation or just opinions exchange in normal form.

I want to apologize to everyone whom posts were attached, but i guess there really has to be other part of board to vent such things out.

#394564 - 21/04/03 11:51 PM Re: SLR
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
thank you carlton... as we discussed I just wanted you to step up and explain it publicly(once i myself understood it)

It's about time Ian makes some money of this bad boy

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal