shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394684 - 19/03/07 09:20 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

well about 10 days ago after not getting a reply from the website nor from a message I left on their voice mail I gave them a call. 2 more weeks for the laser blanks to come in (when I called) then another week for fabrication then about 5 days for delivery, so 2 more weeks to go.

#394685 - 26/03/07 08:59 AM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Central Freight delivered my Shrock bumper friday two days short of 8 weeks smile The first month is the toughest lol kinda forgot about it after that.

Anyway almost ready to go on finished painting just need to get the winch in and mount her up.

Thanks Jim! The bumper looks great!

#394686 - 28/03/07 10:21 AM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate you. [Finger] I can't wait to get the front bumper. Maybe a month or 2

#394687 - 02/04/07 07:10 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

SHIPPING of SHROCKWORKS OFFROAD sent PaulXyZ FedEx Ground package(s).

:p

Yeah! Skid plates are going to arrive BEFORE any (more) damage to the underside of my X. I know I dinged/dented my stock fuel tank skid plate twice at least.

#394688 - 03/04/07 11:33 AM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's been 5 weeks for my front and rear bumper. Just called Shrockworks today, and one of Jim's employees said it will be 2 more weeks for a total of 7 weeks. Not too bad, as Jim's original estimate was 6 weeks.

#394689 - 04/04/07 09:00 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its now been 12 weeks since ordering and 4 weeks since being told 3 more weeks and still haven't gotten the 2nd skid plate nor heard anything out of them. I know everyone says these are the best but I would like to find out first hand.

#394690 - 05/04/07 06:10 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dang.

I got just two of the four skid plates I ordered. At least my transmission and transfer case are safe. Good looking product. At first I thought that Jim forgot the screws until I saw on the Internet that the third 1 pound package was left at the front door!

One can of spray paint and the things are ready to mount.

Sweet - these things fit as perfect as can be. Now send me the other two please. laugh

#394691 - 11/04/07 04:27 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
BLACKMAGIC Offline

Loc: ogden
It's been 8 weeks since i ordered my rear bumper tire carrier and i'm getting tired of waiting.

#394692 - 12/04/07 07:44 AM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got my bumper and full set of skids in a while back. Worth the wait.

Like detective John Kimble says "STOP WHINING!"

Just stop thinking about your stuff and go on with your life and with your truck like you have been for the past months or year. Your stuff will get there when it gets there. You knew shipping would be a while, that is no surprise with the Shrock stuff. Jim is doing the best he can. Would you rather have a POS in a week or a perfect piece of steel that can take anything you throw at it worthy of artwork in 4-8 weeks?

#394693 - 12/04/07 10:12 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do not think questioning when you can expect delivery of several hundred dollars of merchandise to be whining. In fact I call it basic sound business practice. Personally I have to question the fact that it seems like Shrockworks first collect the money and then order the materials then make the products. Meanwhile they don't keep their Customers informed when they can expect the merchandise they paid for, don't respond to inquiries and don't answer the phone. But be sure that they will announce the new products that they are now taking orders for even though they can not fill the orders for the products they already make with out a lead time of at least 15 weeks. Something is not right.

#394694 - 13/04/07 06:50 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everyone knows that getting your stuff in 4 weeks is optimistic, at best. Now that I've finished up the SL and BL and Armor and and tires and... I'll start getting things lined up for a couple of Shrock bumpers. But, when I do the order, I'm going into it knowing that I will likely order in 2007 and get them in 2008. While I'd want them within a couple weeks of ordering, I know that it's not going to happen.

But, the trade off is that I know I'll have some good products that will last a long time... possibly longer than the truck that I originally mount them on.

#394695 - 22/04/07 08:19 AM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well 14 weeks after ordering I finally got the rest of the order. No response to my email, no messages left on my answering machine. Just the message from FedEx saying it had been shipped. Great customer service [Freak]

#394696 - 24/04/07 12:08 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Diff Cover ordered Feb 14th delivered April 24th. Original estimated Delivery time 4-5 weeks. Actual 9 weeks or so. Product is very nice with Powder coating that I asked for. No complaints, I already knew Shrock would be up to the gills in orders, quality takes time and I prefer the former, but will live with the latter to get it.

Now waiting for that rear Bumper. Can't even remember when I ordered it.

#394697 - 28/04/07 09:11 AM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hayes Robotics used to be the gold standard for modems. Everyone wanted one they were the best and everyone wanted one. They were ecstatic making money hand over fist and everyone thought they were going to be the next Intel/Microsoft in their field. Well they went bankrupt. Simply becasue they were unable to keep up with the orders as they never increased production capacity. The backorders kept getting bigger and bigger and the wait longer and longer. Then the cash flow dried up and the company dried up. Unless Shrockworks does something to increase production people will go somewhere where the wait is not measured in months

#394698 - 28/04/07 12:14 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by azstumbler:
Hayes Robotics used to be the gold standard for modems. Everyone wanted one they were the best and everyone wanted one. They were ecstatic making money hand over fist and everyone thought they were going to be the next Intel/Microsoft in their field. Well they went bankrupt. Simply becasue they were unable to keep up with the orders as they never increased production capacity. The backorders kept getting bigger and bigger and the wait longer and longer. Then the cash flow dried up and the company dried up. Unless Shrockworks does something to increase production people will go somewhere where the wait is not measured in months
Kind of an Apples, Oranges argument, but I'll concede that most people don't want to wait months, least of all me.

However, short of paying someone to "Copy" or Custom Fabricate doing thier own R&D and charging you for it, I don't see any alternative to having to wait.

We'll see, I mean there are more people buying X's and I get more interest in the Club lately, but it seems most people buy them for Mall Crawlers.

If a supplier builds as they receive orders to avoid over extending themselves in materials and labor, that's acceptable. As mass production costs are reduced, creating an inventory to ship from will be more realistic, but not until more people decide to turn their rigs into Rock Crawlers.

#394699 - 29/04/07 07:38 AM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

This past week I got the remainder of my skid plates. Perfect fit but I have the standard concern on the port side aft (driver's side rear) where a mounting plate passes (too) close to the leaf spring.

I've now ordered the front bumper.

Jim makes great stuff and he's doing the best he can as fast as he can. We really need to order from him two to three months in advance of a requirement. My one and only concern is that the credit cards are charged prior to shipment. After the first couple of times it gets easier.

#394700 - 29/04/07 10:22 AM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's something to think about: you order the product despite knowing that it's going to take a long time and that your credit card will instantly be charged, and yet you get on here and complain.

There's a reason we all love Shrockworks stuff, because it's amazing quality and it looks great too. There will always be downfalls as a young company begins to grow.

Here's something that was posted on thenewx.org and I took it from the NEXterra forums:

"""Guys, I know this is f'd up. My biggest problem is that there is no stability in what is normal to base predictions and estimates on. So much has happened in the last several month that I would never have believed would and no chance I could have predicted or planned for effectively.

Interviewing, hiring, training people...firing the ones that suck and starting over again. Choosing, buying, installing and configuring inventory systems, phone systems, storage equipment, new mfg equipment....systems that previously worked fine becoming broken under increased load....fixing the problems, answering the phone all day...taking 30 calls a day from people wanting to know where there stuff is and feeling like shit that you cant just make it and ship it right now...ordering huge volumes of parts from suppliers that are sometimes reliable and sometime take forever....not having any money to pay or all this stuff or the huge bills from suppliers who demand to be paid on time whether they hit their lead times or not....finding time to implement all these new systems and equipment or install it bec all the day-to-day stuff simply must get done....dealing with the pissed off wife bec I'm never home....hearing my 3 yr old ask me "why are you home daddy?" bec he doesn't understand that I actually live there since he never sees me.... When we were small, problems could be fixed by working a little harder or longer...at this point me working 20 hrs a day for a month would barely put a dent in what needs to get done. That's a whole lot of crap and excuses, but it's reality unfortunately.

I'm trying to get this under control, and we are making a lot of progress, but I know it isn't happening fast enough for you or me. Owning a growing company in a fun industry sounds great, but in reality, it owns me.

I know waiting this long really sucks, but I can assure you that sitting in my chair knowing that you guys are pissed, and not being able fix it quickly really sucks too. It takes years of hard work to build a reputation that can be screwed up in a few months by circumstances largely out of your control. I used to look at other companies and assume their problems stemmed purely from incompetence or indifference...now I know better.

There are 4 people who have been waiting a really long time for a bumper. It sounds like all of you are on this thread. All I can tell you with certainty at this point is that I'm doing literally everything I can to get it to you in time for your trip. If working till 3AM Sunday night will makes the difference, I'll do it. I'm hoping to ship them Wed.-Thurs of next week. It will be Mon or Tues of next week b4 I know."""

I think we all want Jim's company to grow, and I think Jim never it expected to get this big this quick.

I just thought I'd pass that along.

#394701 - 13/05/07 03:16 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

you know a little communications goes a long way. If people were being updated on a regular basis instead of being left in the dark and having to call or email them then I'm sure things like waiting for 3 or 4 months would not be so bad.

#394702 - 14/05/07 07:32 AM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would you rather him spend his time updating his customers on a daily basis or spend that time getting the products built and out of the shop?

#394703 - 14/05/07 07:45 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

7 plus weeks for my rear bumper and sliders. Does it suck?,.... yes! Am I willing to wait a few week more?,....yes! Why? Because I know this stuff is the BEST stuff I could get! So I sit,....waiting semi patiently for the stuff to ship.
SD

#394704 - 14/05/07 08:02 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just received my rear bumper tracking numbers. laugh
Can't wait to see what I can drag my rear over now. eek

#394705 - 14/05/07 08:23 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

that's like putting salt in the wounds of those who are still without!

Post some pics....

#394706 - 14/05/07 09:29 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by flash_gordon:
that's like putting salt in the wounds of those who are still without!

Post some pics....
laugh Will do. laugh

#394707 - 14/05/07 10:53 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

I, too, got an e-mail for the tracking numbers on my front and rear bumpers...Can hardly wait to mount them up! It feels like Xmas!!

#394708 - 15/05/07 05:33 PM Re: Shrockworks shipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, estimated new ship date for "my" rear bumper,.... Monday the 21st. The sliders are about a week behind that. I will keep my fingers crossed. I still have probably 3 to 4 weeks for my skids frown
SD

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal