2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394721 - 17/07/06 08:37 PM Running board lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am sure that someone here has been down this road, I hope.
Put some after mkt running boards on my plain jane (no power nuthin, 2wd, 6sp, steel wheels, really fast) 06. These boards came with a basic light kit and "universal" brackets the entire project has required considerable inspration and divine intervention but now I have hit a road block. The wire kit just has 2 wires a blk=ground and a red=hot, the instructions just say 'attach to desired hot'. But the Mrs. would like for them to come on with any door (kind of makes sense). I poked around for 4 hours with a meter, took the inside fuse box out of the dash and removed the dome lights and pulled down half of the headliner, pulled all of the switches out of the jambs. I can't find the ONE place where I can tie the running board lights that is common to all of the doors and will only apply power when the doors are open. These are not running lights and would melt their housings in short order. so I'll tell you like I told my first date, "where does this thing go?"

#394722 - 18/07/06 10:44 AM Re: Running board lights
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Sounds like a question for the Stereo/communications/electrical section to me...

As I recall, the interior lighting is ground-switched, probably why you can't find a junction to use.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal