2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#395126 - 16/07/07 11:05 AM Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
If anybody is interested on having The Centerlinks on your Xterra Rebuilt to a better and stronger Centerlink contact Bryan Smith, email: Bryan Smith [bryan@harvest-fields.net], he does a great job, I had mine Rebuilt by him and I am very satisfied on the end results.Here's a Pic of the Rebuilt Centerlink

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#395127 - 17/07/07 02:36 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

is there a bushing in there or just the bolt?

#395128 - 17/07/07 04:34 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

You should replace that bumpstop.

#395129 - 17/07/07 10:27 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

X2 on the Bushing question.

And if it is a bushing can it be replaced? What part # from where?

Are there any more pictures of the unit?

#395130 - 18/07/07 05:41 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Black X:
is there a bushing in there or just the bolt?
There is no Bushing, as far as I know, I think he Rebulds them with Bearings inside the part where the Bolt goes....Bryan, if you are reading this, correct me if I am wrong...

#395131 - 18/07/07 09:06 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah I am curious too.....I am in need of a replacement....this one or used calmini steering.

#395132 - 18/07/07 10:51 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewM:
Yeah I am curious too.....I am in need of a replacement....this one or used calmini steering.
email him if you are interested or have any Questions...

#395133 - 23/07/07 06:35 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

I looked at one of these this weekend at the BBQ in TX and they are very nice. Spherical bearings are added to the new beefed up ends and should outlast the rest of your truck. One of the guys in our club had nothing but trouble with his Calmini system and is running this without any issues. I am running the Calmini system with the spherical bearing mod and it works well for me.
I would definately recomend this centerlink to anyone who was interested in the L&P setup. I think these are nicer than those L&P was building.

#395134 - 23/07/07 07:10 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been running a Hoohaa centerlink for about 6 months beleave me when I say its bullet proof I have tryed to break it (Sorry I know I shouldent abuse the truck) but all I have done is break a tie rod which is a weak link anyways everyone knows this.For the money hoohaa charges for his links there is nothing that comes close to it in dependability(sp) or quality just wanted to say Thanks for Picking up the slack and making a great product. forgot to add this is on a 2000 Frontier.

#395135 - 28/07/07 11:54 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

I emailed Bryan and talked with him a little, I would like to see more pictures and info why this would work as good if not better than say other upgrades. I mean some of it is obvious to me, but I know others see this and are very curious. I am leaning bewteen this centerlink and a calmini setup with bearing mod.

#395136 - 28/07/07 01:35 PM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Just adding a clarification that the Bryan references, and the HooHaa references, are to the same party....Bryan makes the HooHaa's.

laugh

Interestingly, when a town that the Vagina Monologues was playing at, posted a complaint, saying that the Name "Vagina Monologues" was unacceptable...they changed the name of the show, to

"The HooHaa Monologues"

Apparently, HooHaa is another word for Vagina, a different kind of center link.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#395137 - 08/08/07 03:49 PM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Just adding a clarification that the Bryan references, and the HooHaa references, are to the same party....Bryan makes the HooHaa's.

laugh

Interestingly, when a town that the Vagina Monologues was playing at, posted a complaint, saying that the Name "Vagina Monologues" was unacceptable...they changed the name of the show, to

"The HooHaa Monologues"

Apparently, HooHaa is another word for Vagina, a different kind of center link.

laugh
Yep, I'm Bryan and hoohaa. But I'm not a HooHaa. haha!

Guys thanks for the kind words. I've sold centerlinks to a few of you guys in this thread. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I wanted to be more specific about what I do do my centerlinks. The first step is removing the old ball joints, which are the weak point in Nissan's design. After removing the ball joints I weld in special mild steel sleeves that have been machined to the proper ID to receive two teflon lined spherical bearings. The bearings are pressed in and then the centerlinks are painted black.

It's not that complicated, but it does require lots of running around and parts sourcing if you want to do it yourself. I started offering these when my centerlink failed in a major way after a hill climb with the front locker engaged. My truck was so pigeon toed after that little gem of an idea my tires would squeel loudly driving in a straight line on the pavement. I parked my truck for about a month while I researched centerlink mods. I found some good info from TK1 over on N4W about modding centerlinks with spherical bearings, and I decided to give it a try. When I had the sleeves machined the machinist told me that the more I bought the cheaper they would be, so I bought quite a few, thinking I could mod centerlinks for friends on Texas Nissan Trucks.

At that time I didn't mass produce centerlinks since L&P was already doing a fine job of that. A few months ago when L&P stopped building centerlinks I stepped up and started offering to build centerlinks for everyone. There was quite a bit of demand at first, so much so that I quickly ran out of centerlinks to mod. Things are calming down now, I have more cores, and I have more time since I finished school in June.

You guys might see banners for my centerlinks on this site soon. I've been talking with Carlton about becoming a sponsor and having a banner ad up. Since I don't have a website yet I don't really have anywhere for a banner to link. I'm working on that and I hope to have a site up soon.

For now, here's some pictures for you guys showing modded CLs, painted and not:

I'm currently selling kits for $225 shipped. I charge a $100 core deposit for those who don't have a centerlink to send in advance.

Kits come with all hardware necessary, which includes two grade 8 bolts, two grade 8 castle nuts, four grade 8 hardened washers, and cotter pins. All the hardware is nicely zinc plated.

#395138 - 08/08/07 07:36 PM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Rickster43 Offline

Hey Bryan, Rick here...Thanks for Replying to this Topic and explaining your Design to others...I just thought it was a good Idea for me to give your Centerlink Design a nice spot in XOC for others...Thanks again !!!

#395139 - 09/08/07 04:51 PM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
TK1 Offline

Loc: Taylorsville, UT
Glad to see that the concept is still alive and kicking.

Got paint?

#395140 - 10/08/07 05:17 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

How much ??? $$$

#395141 - 10/08/07 05:37 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
How much ??? $$$
He mentions the price on his reply....here it is again...
selling kits for $225 shipped. charge a $100 core deposit for those who don't have a centerlink to send in advance.

Kits come with all hardware necessary, which includes two grade 8 bolts, two grade 8 castle nuts, four grade 8 hardened washers, and cotter pins. All the hardware is nicely zinc plated.

#395142 - 10/08/07 05:56 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

$225 shipped. $100 core deposit unless you send one in advance.

EDIT: whoops, just saw that Rick had replied before me. That's the price.

TK1: Thanks for sharing what you came up with years ago on N4W! It was so helpful reading what you and Checo and others did or discussed doing.

#395143 - 14/08/07 09:17 PM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you have to drill out the holes on the pitman arm and idler arm like you have to do with the L&P setup?

-Bp

#395144 - 14/08/07 10:03 PM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BigPasta:
Do you have to drill out the holes on the pitman arm and idler arm like you have to do with the L&P setup?

-Bp
Yes you do...Not a Problem if you have the proper Tools...If you have a Mickey Mouse Drill setup, you will run into some problems...

#395145 - 15/08/07 05:17 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

And for those that are curious, Bryan's centerlink is approximately $175 cheaper than SLR's "econo", and around $100 cheaper than L&P's. All 3 are of similiar designs, and will work just as well.

And yeah. TK1 came up with the majority of this idea a long, long time ago, before any of you leaches started making money off it... At least Bryan isn't gouging, and IMO, is offering it at a VERY fair price.

They are very strong, as well. I would know; I had an original "TK1 Centerlink" 5 years ago...

#395146 - 25/08/07 02:17 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

and what is the warranty and liability of his product?

#395147 - 27/08/07 10:04 AM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

I neverheard of L&P steering breaking, or SLR's. This is the same type of setup I am sure. So I am not really worried about it breaking, and since Bryan has never seen one break, if you did happen to break it I be he would fix it no questions.

#395148 - 28/08/07 06:52 PM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Warranty: If you break it, I'll fix it. The exclusions are breakages from accidents where the front end is damaged, and any damage from the centerlink actually physically contacting something like a rock or a tree.

Liability: I do not take responsibility for what you do with your truck. This product is intended for off-road use. Expect damage when you abuse your truck. You need to inspect your entire steering system for damage before, during, and after wheeling.

#395149 - 06/09/07 02:38 PM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got my CL in the mail yesterday and am installing it today. First impressions, packaging was ghetto. The CL was half out, it did arrive fine although. Upon closer inspection it is really beefy, it'll never break. My only real complaint is that the holes in the bolts supplied where the cotter pins go were not de-burred and the nuts would not go on. could be being picky, but hey. welds look top notch. I will let you know how the install goes tomorrow.

#395150 - 01/10/07 02:34 PM Re: Xterra CenterLink Rebuilts
Anonymous
Unregistered

well gave the CL some time on the rig, going strong and no complaints at all. Install went very easy, simple remove and replace. The drilling was way easy as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal