2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#395582 - 25/05/05 07:09 PM AIR SHOCKS
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOOKING FOR AIR SHOCKS FOR 2002 4WD XTERRA.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY...
THANKS

#395583 - 26/05/05 09:45 AM Re: AIR SHOCKS
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

laugh

Why would you want airshocks for an X?

You'd lose articulation to get height.

The main prolem is that the front shocks are pretty tiny...and a small amount of shock travel gives a much larger wheel travel, due to the shock's very inboard positioning.

Air shocks in back could work better for adjusting for load though, but that is normally taken care of by helper air bags on the leaf pack by those wanting to air suspension a bit.

laugh

What's your objective?

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#395584 - 27/05/05 09:47 AM Re: AIR SHOCKS
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you treat the front as a unit, you can increase traction as the wheels sysle up and down. aA the left wheel drops into a hole, the right one is compressed, the air can move from the right shock to the left one. Decreasing the support from the one on the right, (the tbars will be holding the load by now) and putting it on the left one(the tbars will not be doing much at full droop). This will increase pressure on the drooped tire, without needing a full out sas. It will also give a little better ride on highway.. If you are looking at replacing the tbars, air shocks do not have the loading capasity to support the front end on a downhill by themselves.. (at least not the ones that fit)
I have rancho 9000's, if I had it to do over again, I would have gotten airshocks instead, and mountes an air ride sensor from a big rig to the rear axle, and the rear ride height would be the same no matter what I loaded, or towed.

#395585 - 06/06/05 06:43 PM Re: AIR SHOCKS
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'd like one just to be able to get it into the garage after a lift is put on. especially if i want to put on a basket.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal