2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#395696 - 14/10/01 02:17 AM Re: Calmini front bumper
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Schludwiller:
Discounting those opinions doesn't make for better products. And no I don't have any problem with you correcting misinformation that is out there. I just think Steve is a better person to do that.

BTW It's all Peckhams fault.

The only problem is that I had tried to correct the bad stuff about the Calmini bumper right after GOX, when questions were posted to the GOX forums, and pictures surfaced, before this forum was created.

I just didn't want it to start repeating, so yes, you're right, it is Peckham's fault for not searching.

#395697 - 14/10/01 07:29 AM Re: Calmini front bumper
SWXterraClub Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas USA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:

I also said they would be answered within a few days, it had been 10 when Matt bumped it.

I hadn't seen the thread until then, and when I noticed it was the same bullshit thread about the damaged bumper, I decided it was in everyone's best interest that I reply to it.

If someone were posting misleading information, repeatedly, about Fabritron, you would do the same thing.

It is not about misleading info that I posted about Fabritron in the first place. I told you privately that Fabritron (Tom Fritts) is not computer savy and therefore would NEVER check this fourm (nor does he have the time) Still you did not allow me to respond to the quetion. I found that unfair then when you come on here and answer for Calmini (which we all know does visit this fourm)

And as far as Calmini not answering the question in a public fourm before the "few days" then I think that he should have contacted them privately and deleted this thread.

But hey.. that is just me.

BTW.. I am working on getting you that .mpeg of your trip up "The Wall"

#395698 - 14/10/01 09:08 AM Re: Calmini front bumper
ned946 Offline

I wish we could do a search within a thread for words. First, I would search for either "calmini" or "bumper". Then I'd search for "superfluous, non-subject related banter"

smile

#395699 - 14/10/01 01:04 PM Re: Calmini front bumper
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by SWXterraClub:
It is not about misleading info that I posted about Fabritron in the first place. I told you privately that Fabritron (Tom Fritts) is not computer savy and therefore would NEVER check this fourm (nor does he have the time) Still you did not allow me to respond to the quetion. I found that unfair then when you come on here and answer for Calmini (which we all know does visit this fourm)

I wasn't insinuating that you posted misleading information.

I meant if someone else had posted it, and that it had already been covered in several other threads elsewhere on XOC.

I wasn't trying to answer the question Matt posed, but rather to explain why the question was not a fair question, and that it had been answered elsewhere.

When Calmini has a final product to offer, Matt can post his question again, and Calmini will answer it.

#395700 - 14/10/01 04:01 PM Re: Calmini front bumper
Schludwiller Offline

Loc: Redmond,WA
BTW.. I am working on getting you that .mpeg of your trip up "The Wall"[/QB][/QUOTE]

Ian I just ran across DV I have of you driving up the wall. I can e-mail a Quicktime 5 version pretty quickly. I'll have my new Firewire CD burner this week if you want a larger non-compressed version.

Although I should say it's pretty booring. Just driving up the right line, no wheel spin, no tire hop. Not like FSR bouncing around all over the place then finally blowing out his 32" SSR. laugh

Carlton if you run across the video of me at the wall I would appreciate a copy. Some of my video got accidentally copied over. I just started editing video, so my stuff probably isn't in time for your GoX video frown

#395701 - 14/10/01 06:38 PM Re: Calmini front bumper
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Ian I just ran across DV I have of you driving up the wall. I can e-mail a Quicktime 5 version pretty quickly. I'll have my new Firewire CD burner this week if you want a larger non-compressed version.

Cool, if it's under 5MB or so, mail it to ian@divsoft.com.

Time for me to upgrade to QT 5.0 for $30, since they don't offer an upgrade from 4.0 Pro (and the free player will destroy my 4.0 Pro install, bastards).

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: xoc ]

#395702 - 14/10/01 06:45 PM Re: Calmini front bumper
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
BTW.. I am working on getting you that .mpeg of your trip up "The Wall" Although I should say it's pretty booring. Just driving up the right line, no wheel spin, no tire hop. Not like FSR bouncing around all over the place then finally blowing out his 32" SSR. laugh

That's the way it's supposed to look, nice and slow, no damage, no dramatics, that's what years of experience will do. Either that or it must be the products on his truck. That should get some people worked up laugh (DISCLAIMER: no offense intended to others.)

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Craigs_Tonka ]

#395703 - 14/10/01 10:08 PM Re: Calmini front bumper
Schludwiller Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craigs_Tonka:

That's the way it's supposed to look, nice and slow, no damage, no dramatics, that's what years of experience will do. Either that or it must be the products on his truck. That should get some people worked up laugh (DISCLAIMER: no offense intended to others.)

I was being facetious. I'm sure Ian understood that.

#395704 - 14/10/01 10:38 PM Re: Calmini front bumper
Schludwiller Offline

Quote:

Cool, if it's under 5MB or so, mail it to ian@divsoft.com.

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: xoc ]

You've got mail. 2+ megs of it. But it's at 320x240.

#395705 - 15/10/01 06:42 AM Re: Calmini front bumper
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Quote:

The only problem is that I had tried to correct the bad stuff about the Calmini bumper right after GOX, when questions were posted to the GOX forums, and pictures surfaced, before this forum was created.

I just didn't want it to start repeating, so yes, you're right, it is Peckham's fault for not searching.

Maybe I just wanted to find out from Steve what was going to change on the bumper?

You guys getting all bent out of shape is cause for me to delete this thread. Buh Bye.

It seems I can't delete my own thread. Delete it please Ian... it may have some interesting arguments in it but only about 2% is related to my original questions...

Blame it on the fact that I was on vacation for a couple weeks.

Oh yeah, did you hear Aaliyah died? wow, bummer.

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Matt Peckham ]

#395706 - 15/10/01 07:28 AM Re: Calmini front bumper
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:

Although I should say it's pretty booring. Just driving up the right line, no wheel spin, no tire hop. Not like FSR bouncing around all over the place then finally blowing out his 32" SSR. laugh

frown

100% SPOTTER ERROR, personally walked the line a few times, showed exactly where I wanted to place my tires but somehow that was not the line I was spotted on to...hey I choose my spotter and any damage that comes when wheeling I always accept myself. My truck did walk up the wall more than a half dozen times during GOX though when taking the right line though.

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: FSRBIKER ]

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: FSRBIKER ]
EOE...Opening Soon!

#395707 - 15/10/01 07:41 AM Re: Calmini front bumper
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Craigs_Tonka:

I do have 12+ years of 4 wheeling experience, must have been my sliderz wink
EOE...Opening Soon!

#395708 - 15/10/01 10:27 AM Re: Calmini front bumper
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
must have been my sliderz wink
I'm glad to see some people can keep their humor when it comes to a little good natured ribbing. wink The whole "my truck is better than your truck" thing gets a little old especially when it gets argued part by part. laugh

#395709 - 15/10/01 12:38 PM Re: Calmini front bumper
Philosopher Offline

Quote:

You've got mail. 2+ megs of it. But it's at 320x240.

BE CAREFUL! It may have anthrax in it.

#395710 - 15/10/01 12:45 PM Re: Calmini front bumper
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
they are sending the stuff to important figures, the government, media, Microsoft...... didn't know they sent it to God.

IT'S a joke people...

:p

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal