shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#395893 - 13/09/07 08:13 PM SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently decided to start making some mods to my X, with the intent of getting everything complete by the start of deer hunting here in MI, October 1st. After doing a lot of reading, I decided to get shackles and shocks from Spencer Low Racing. Looking like a big mistake. I placed an order on 8/22/07 for 2 bilstein front shocks, 2 bilstein rear shocks, and 2 shackles. It was not clear that the shackles were sold in pairs when I ordered, so I called and emailed asking the order be adjusted to sell me just 1 pair of shackles, not 2. I was told it would be taken care of, but I was still billed for 2 pairs of shackles.

On 9/4/07, I received 1 pair of shackles, no packing slip. I called and asked what's up, since my order was adjusted in their favor (1 pair of shackles arrived, I am still billed for 2), how come my credit card wasn't credited. And I was wondering when my shocks might arrive. The person took my phone number, and I was told it would be looked into ASAP.

Today is 9/13/07. I have heard nothing from them. I have not received an adjustment to my credit card, have not received my shocks, and I just received email notice that SLR is shipping me a 6 pound package via UPS. I'm guessing these aren't the shocks? I hope they aren't shipping me another set of shackles!

I had read around here that they have had bouts of bad service, but were very knowledgeable. What is ticking me off is it appears there is no customer service here. I'm sorry, if you put up a store front on the web, you need to fulfill your end of things. Otherwise, take it down.

Now I'm in a bind, as I gave myself ample time to do this stuff, and 2 weeks before October I'm standing in my driveway holding my ........shackles. I guess it's time to call the credit card company.

#395894 - 14/09/07 07:38 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya man stay on them they ..... me for 6 months when i got my headers 6 months can you beleave that and the headers are nice but there not great. I would call them i could never get anyone to answer the phone and when i did all i heard was well be getting them in a few weeks i heard that about 9 times but ya they suck very bad service and sorry i have just been waiting to vent about them. Good luck with your problem let us now what happens.

#395895 - 14/09/07 09:52 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I was not all that impressed with customer service orrr prompt ordering. I am fairly happy with the product, except for the boots on my UCA's were both torn, I e-mailed them and heard nothing back. As for Automotive Customizers, I get an e-mail back that day or the next with my question or complaint.

#395896 - 14/09/07 10:52 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

RE: which Forum to put this in, I searched SLR problems and found them in the General forum, so there I put mine. confused Oops!

I think they have a good product, the shackles are well made. SLR just seems to not be equipped to handle orders they get in a way that people are used to. Customer service is a definate weakness, although when they do communicate, it is pleasant and they try to be helpful. They are slower than anything I've seen.

On my shocks, they told me they are drop shipped from somewhere else, that was the hold up. That makes no sense to me. What did I gain by ordering them from SLR if they are just the middle man?

They emailed me today and said I will get a credit next week on my card. I still don't understand why the wait?

Thanks for listening to me vent a little, but I also wanted to give everyone a heads up on one person's experience.

#395897 - 14/09/07 11:24 PM Re: SLR service
Spencer Offline

Loc: Irvine
Cut him a little slack this week, he sound pretty sick when i spoke with him. It is working on alot of projects developing new stuff for the new gen

You don't know what you got till its gone

#395898 - 15/09/07 07:58 AM Re: SLR service
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer:
Cut him a little slack this week, he sound pretty sick when i spoke with him. It is working on alot of projects developing new stuff for the new gen
Is he the only person working there?

Seems like their service gets better then goes right back to being crap.

#395899 - 15/09/07 08:26 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

SLR's poor customer service is not a new problem and doesn't have anything to do with Spencer being sick.

I had problems with him in the past. He was nice on the phone, promised to make things right, but in the end did nothing.

Do a search. My bitch, and other members complaints with SLR, are all here.

In the end, I just chose to chock it up to experience, and never order from SLR again .

#395900 - 15/09/07 09:10 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Update-
I got home yesterday and found that UPS delivered my rear shocks. No front shocks. Called SLR, they say the front shocks are on back order. You shouldn't have to call and ask someone if your stuff, 3 1/2 weeks after order, is back-ordered. They should have a way of communicating that. They seem pretty laid back about it all.

#395901 - 15/09/07 04:40 PM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Two things...
1) Spencer is doing a lot of this on own. So, please cut him some slack. I will admit that I've spent a lot with him (and will continue to do so), so I am biased, but when it comes down to it, his goal is to create quality products that make it possible for our trucks to more. Administrative stuff, while obviously helpful, is less of a priority when weighed against the product. So, yes, he could do more on that front, but he needs a life too and like all of us, some things do take longer to complete.

2) CALL HIM. I think I've only called him twice (maybe three times) where I've gone to voicemail and have left a message. In my experience, later in the afternoon or early in the morning (his time) are best, but he will answer and will take the time to take care of you. Email would be optimal, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather have him putting together some sweet stuff for my truck, as opposed to sitting at a laptop, answering email.

#395902 - 15/09/07 06:51 PM Re: SLR service
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Seems like theres one of these posts every month or so.

And shouldn't they call the buyer, not the buyer call them, when they are out of stock on an item? And you have to wonder did they have these items in stock when they took your card info and charged you? If they didn't, that seems a bit shady to me.

#395903 - 15/09/07 10:38 PM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks to everyone who has posted and kept this civil- these things can go south in a hurry, and that's not why I started this thread, no intention to bash anyone.

I've called and emailed each time I contacted them. And who says he has to answer for himself? From the sounds of things he needs a secretary! Obviously they make decent stuff, because people are putting up with these frustrations and still buying from him. But it would appear that his business could do better with someone answering and taking orders, handling customer service, etc.

I'm sure he's a great guy, and is doing some good work. I'm truly sorry this has gone this way on my order. But the solution seems simple: hire someone to handle these issues! I am in MI, and I'm looking at the SLR website, and it looks like SLR is set up to sell me stuff. When you convince someone to part with hard earned money, you shouldn't leave them hanging wondering what the heck is happening for weeks on end when they are getting what they bought.

#395904 - 17/09/07 09:09 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am with Svendog on this. I have ordered plenty of stuff from him and got great service. If I called I almost always got him on the first time. He spent alot of time helping me make the right buying desision. Sounds like Calmini to me some people love them some hate them. If you have bad service cancel the order stop payment then try getting the parts elswere.

#395905 - 17/09/07 09:54 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the product itself was good, that's why I put up with the bad customer service. I had called and talked with them as well, and I was told he would call or e-mail when things shipped out.... well 3 weeks later they just showed up on my doorstep. UCA's, 3pack and SAW T-bars all ordered the same day. They arrived on my door step weeks apart from each other. And like I said, I e-mailed twice about the cracked boots on the UCA's, and I received nothing in response.... but the truck was already ripped apart, and the stock UCA's were demolished and I could not wait another 3-4 weeks again.

#395906 - 17/09/07 06:29 PM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by standog:
I am with Svendog on this. I have ordered plenty of stuff from him and got great service. If I called I almost always got him on the first time. He spent alot of time helping me make the right buying desision. Sounds like Calmini to me some people love them some hate them. If you have bad service cancel the order stop payment then try getting the parts elswere.
I may have to do that- but the whole point here is I needed to have all this work done on my vehicle by October 1st. I ordered everything I needed on August 22nd, way ahead of time. It took me until Sept. 11th to get any info as to where, why, what was going on. Prior to that I was expecting them to be on my doorstep everyday I came home from work!

On a sort of lighter note, I'm told I have a rotator cuff injury, probably won't be able to do the work on my own now! They say it's a bitch getting old, but when did 42 become old?!?!?
[Geek]

#395907 - 19/09/07 12:45 PM Re: SLR service
Spencer Offline

as long as you called him and made sure he is aware of the problem, he will take care of you.
It will take time, but you have to understand that it is a small business and most of them rely on outside vendor and their vendor have a back log, it gets push on to him.

You are probably right that he should have notify you, but with so many orders and project trucks running threw his shop, it might have slip his mind.

Just let him know when you need it by and he will do his best to take care of you.

#395908 - 27/09/07 09:49 PM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wish i'd found this a couple weeks ago... [Freak]
I ordered shackles from them and took a month.... great stuff... but shoot.

I ordered the econ-line UCAs the about a week ago, and asked for them to provide an approximate shipping date... but nothing has been sent. calling tomorrow.

Depending on how this order turns out, I'm not sure how much more business they will get from me....

#395909 - 28/09/07 08:00 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

I received a call on 9/19 from SLR stating that shocks were available and he should be getting them out to me this week. I've sent an email today to him asking some questions related to what I've posted here (why hasn't my card been credited for overcharge, when will I get the shocks or a tracking number). I am awaiting a reply, and will give an update as soon as I hear from them.

#395910 - 28/09/07 05:03 PM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
as long as you called him and made sure he is aware of the problem, he will take care of you.
It will take time, but you have to understand that it is a small business and most of them rely on outside vendor and their vendor have a back log, it gets push on to him.

You are probably right that he should have notify you, but with so many orders and project trucks running threw his shop, it might have slip his mind.

Just let him know when you need it by and he will do his best to take care of you.
And how long did it take to get your truck? :p

#395911 - 28/09/07 05:14 PM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Editor X:
Quote:
[b]as long as you called him and made sure he is aware of the problem, he will take care of you.

And how long did it take to get your truck? :p [/b]
That's some cold blooded stuff right there.

#395912 - 28/09/07 08:15 PM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

it's late, maybe I'm tired, but you guys lost me on the last two posts!

#395913 - 28/09/07 09:02 PM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jc502:
it's late, maybe I'm tired, but you guys lost me on the last two posts!
Spencer had Spencer's truck for a long time. Spencer finally went and got his truck from Spencer because he was tired of driving a rental (or so I assume that's the reason). And now Spencer will be taking his truck back to Spencer's so Spencer can finish doing what he was doing the last time Spencer had his truck at Spencer's. At any rate, Editor X is making a point of how long Spencer's truck was at Spencer's. Which was a long time. Did that help?

#395914 - 28/09/07 09:41 PM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

i ordered my shocks around 3 weeks ago... got the rear ones a week and a half ago, and still waiting from the front ones(10% stiffness). Emailed them multiple times, no reply...

if only i knew of their service. this is unacceptable.

#395915 - 28/09/07 11:45 PM Re: SLR service
Spencer Offline

I am over it, I understand his situation...

I have been busy thats why my truck is not back at his shop. It will go in next week I hope, my job is killing my wheeling life.

neways teh reason the truck is going back is because I want longer springs, fix my broken CV and get my skid plate.

#395916 - 29/09/07 05:15 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Svendog:
Two things...
1) Spencer is doing a lot of this on own. So, please cut him some slack. but he needs a life too and like all of us, some things do take longer to complete.
With all do respect, who cares. It is not some buddy doing a favor. It is a man running a business. When it all comes down to it and money is exchanged for a good or service, I can personally give a shit about his "personal life". I want what was paid for and communication in regards to any problems with my order. I do not run business like that I expect the same level of professionalism from who I do business with as well. Excuses are just that, excuses.

#395917 - 29/09/07 07:20 AM Re: SLR service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DesertRouX:
Quote:
Originally posted by Svendog:
[b]Two things...
1) Spencer is doing a lot of this on own. So, please cut him some slack. but he needs a life too and like all of us, some things do take longer to complete.
With all do respect, who cares. It is not some buddy doing a favor. It is a man running a business. When it all comes down to it and money is exchanged for a good or service, I can personally give a shit about his "personal life". I want what was paid for and communication in regards to any problems with my order. I do not run business like that I expect the same level of professionalism from who I do business with as well. Excuses are just that, excuses.[/b]
I absolutely agree, there is no excuse for the way he is doing business. If he is short on people, then hire someone, child labor or whatever, just get the damn parts to his customers. There is no reason to make customers wait weeks, or months. I am used to the waiting now, but the way he ignores me is totally ridiculous. He told me the shocks would be shipped by the start of the week, but I haven't gotten any sort of email confirmation from UPS as of now... When I email him, I never get a reply...

I just want what I paid for...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal