shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#396172 - 02/10/06 11:12 AM Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have a phone number for Joe at Darlington Offroad?

I've been trying to reach him via e-mail but with no luck. He used to have his # on his website, but it appears to be down.

Thanks.

#396173 - 02/10/06 11:27 AM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

he shut down the business not too long ago, don't know how tough it will be to get in contact with him.

#396174 - 02/10/06 12:01 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I know a few people who are getting a bit nervous, as he took orders, and told customers that he was closing up shop...but, that he WOULD complete and ship out the last of the orders in house...by Sept.

So, he's either cashed the charges and kept the $, or he's still plugging away finishing the orders as best as he can, and the stuff's on the way eventually, etc.

Sometimes these guys get screwed because the suppliers won't ship them the steel to finish the orders, and they cashed the orders to order the last of the supplies...but owed the suppliers already...so the suppliers keep the $ owed, but refuse to take a new order, etc.

eek

So - If I were Darlington...I'd be calling people up and telling them what happened, and what to expect.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#396175 - 02/10/06 12:09 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

By no means am I trying to start anything negative here. I am looking forward to receiving his product.

It's just been a while since I placed my order at the end of his run (late August) and am trying to reach him about the status.

The phone number he had posted on his Web site was actually his cel number, I just neglected to write it down somewhere.

#396176 - 02/10/06 03:17 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

PM'd you Joe Darlington's phone number.

#396177 - 02/10/06 06:57 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Roxy's X Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
The last contact I had with him about my order was 09/13 and he said:

I hope to finish off all the UB Skidders this week and ship first thing next week

Joe

I could have used them this weekend when I dinged my new shocks, oops.

#396178 - 02/10/06 08:17 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp]

Thanks guys.

#396179 - 03/10/06 11:23 AM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a quick update...

Joe sent me an e-mail to let me know that he's finishing up a bunch of Skidderz and hopes to start shipping them at the end of this week.

Thanks Joe. Appreciate your work and offering cool products for the X.

#396180 - 12/10/06 09:46 AM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone recieve thier Skidderz. I want em so I can also look at the tie rod shields. Talked to Joe last week and he said he would ship em out on Tuesday of this week.

#396181 - 17/10/06 05:07 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I actually met Joe at Uwharrie weekend before last. He's not shutting down the biz after all, but scaling back quite a bit. He will continue to build stuff himself including the Skidderz, just ask...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#396182 - 17/10/06 06:41 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
I actually met Joe at Uwharrie weekend before last. He's not shutting down the biz after all, but scaling back quite a bit. He will continue to build stuff himself including the Skidderz, just ask...
I just wonder if he's going the make the ones we all already ordered. cool

#396183 - 18/10/06 04:17 AM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Yeah, there's people waiting going on threee months now...since he charged their cards....and has shipped nothing.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#396184 - 18/10/06 08:23 AM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here it is, Joes cell Number. Before anyone calls him please bear in mind that the rest of us poor goofs have an order in also. I dont want my money back, I want my skidderz

Joe Darlington: 1.208.590.0104

Please let us know what Joe says. I am getting the ones with the shock mount higher up.

#396185 - 29/10/06 06:20 AM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Skidderz be DONE. Joe called me yesterday in the middle of my NASTY snorkel (10 hour Install), Raining on and off without a garage kicked my ass. But good word right in the middle .....

I will also be getting a pair of tie rod shields for Gen 1 X's will take pics if anyone wants to see. Joe will be shipping all out on Mon/Tues

And yes Charlie...there is a Santa and they fit the 44 perfectly.....even with new U Bolts.....its XMAS Early!

If you wanna see a pic go to
Pic of Skidderz

#396186 - 04/11/06 04:59 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
So, this means I may still have a chance after all, I am definately willing to wait !! I kind of missed out just as he took down the site, but I seriously needed shocks first laugh

#396187 - 06/11/06 10:40 AM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got them today. They look beefy and I can't wait to put them on.

Thanks Joe.

#396188 - 06/11/06 02:31 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got mine today too:

#396189 - 10/07/07 12:53 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not to bring up an old thread, but does anyone know if Joe is still making skidders?

I know that Brent said that he was going to continue making them, I just wondered if anyone else had tried to get some, or had heard from him recently?

And if not, are there any alternatives that are out there? I haven't seen anything...

#396190 - 23/07/07 10:14 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Joe is still making stuff. At least he is for us in the Isuzu crowd. I am going to see him this weekend wheeling in Tennesse. I will ask him to make sure for you guys.

#396191 - 29/07/07 01:35 PM Re: Contacting Darlington Offroad?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Talked to him this weekend and he says he is still making them just under a lower key. So if you guys want them he said to get together and make one big group order and he will make them.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal