shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#396774 - 09/01/06 02:35 PM Do Not Buy from USA Trailer Hitches
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered a Hidden Hitch from them for my 05 Xterra last week on Thursday. Their website states it will be shipped same day or next day (Friday) if your order is received by 6pm CST, which mine was.

I never received an email confirmation of my order from them, so on Monday I called them to check status of my order. Only then did they tell me that the item wasnt even in their stock. And yet they still had the gall to charge my credit card even before shipping anything. It could take a couple of weeks before they even get the item in stock! They sound like a very shady operation to me. The person who took my order on the phone assured me it would be shipped by the next day, but failed to mention the hitch I wanted was out of stock! They just wanted to charge me for my order anyway so they lied about it!

I ended calling my bank and having them reverse the fraudulent charge made to my credit card by USA Trailer Hitches. I then re-ordered the same hitch from etrailer.com, which seems like a much more reputable company. I received a email confirmation and tracking number from etrailer.com for my order on the same day.

So stay away from USA Trailer Hitches! (I should have known better than to order from a company based in Texas!) frown

#396775 - 09/01/06 02:44 PM Re: Do Not Buy from USA Trailer Hitches
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOOO somebody O/D'ed on there Wheaties this morning. Lots of vendors charge it automatically.... I mean, it doesnt make it right, but lots of "order takers" don't know whats in stock, only "Shipping and Receiving" know that. (and even then ya cant be sure)

Wow dude. Hope your new parts dont come with a scratch on them.....

MGJ

#396776 - 09/01/06 02:52 PM Re: Do Not Buy from USA Trailer Hitches
Anonymous
Unregistered

A lot of companies charge it automatically, but not after telling you something is in stock when it clearly wasnt. That my friend is called lying through your teeth. I do no appreciate being lied to, and getting rude service over the phone to boot.

#396777 - 09/01/06 05:26 PM Re: Do Not Buy from USA Trailer Hitches
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another case of marketing making claims that the the company can't back. It might not be the "civil" way to do it but they did break the agreed terms and you called them on it, rather than getting played like a fool for it. I've delt with a fair share of companies like this and my tolorance is shortened every time. Good for you [ThumbsUp]

#396778 - 09/01/06 09:24 PM Re: Do Not Buy from USA Trailer Hitches
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree. This isn't a case where the inventory on the website was not real-time; he actually called the company and placed the order over the phone. They told him the hitch was in stock and would be shipped the next day. They should have at least emailed him if they made an honest mistake.

Thanks for the information. I will stay away from them.

#396779 - 17/01/06 12:48 PM Re: Do Not Buy from USA Trailer Hitches
Anonymous
Unregistered

Order the Valley hitch from AC.

#396780 - 17/01/06 01:15 PM Re: Do Not Buy from USA Trailer Hitches
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I'd agree that they didn't treat you right, OOE - but it also sounds like you're overreacting a bit.

Relax... take a drive laugh

#396781 - 01/02/06 06:09 AM Re: Do Not Buy from USA Trailer Hitches
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a positive note for on-line ordering. Ordered this, in stock 3 days to the front door [ThumbsUp]

etrailer.com / Valley Hitch

Same for this at Courtesy Nissan

Courtesy Nissan

#396782 - 01/02/06 07:20 AM Re: Do Not Buy from USA Trailer Hitches
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just ordered my hitch last week from AC (4x4parts.com). Great price and it showed up yesterday.

Now, can someone explain to me how I am supposed to get a torque wrench on the bots farthest to the rear?!?!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal