2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#397185 - 10/01/02 11:19 AM EOE- Rear Bumper
colorado_buff Offline

Loc: A mile high.....
I tried email, but didn't get a response. I'll try here as well. I saw on your site you plan to have a rear bumper available. When do you anticipate it being ready? Do you have an estimated price? Will the bumper be available standalone, or will it only be available with a tire carrier? Will the bumper bolt through where spare stores underneath like the Calmini bumper, or can you leave the spare underneath with the bumper attached? Thanks for any information you can provide.

#397186 - 10/01/02 11:59 AM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
Dayspring Offline

Loc: Greenwood IN
I know manufacturers are supposed to post first, but I think I can help here for a sec-- Todd's got a small case of having a baby, so I don't know how much he's checking his email. Give it time. He always gets back to you.

#397187 - 10/01/02 12:12 PM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
colorado_buff Offline

I understand that. Just thought I would give him another place to answer my questions. I also thought that others might be interested. I apologize to Todd if my tone souded like I was annoyed. I'm not.

#397188 - 13/01/02 07:49 PM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
SSRXterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Tx, 78248
Todd you out there ? I would also like to know what is going on with the rear bumper/tire carrier.

#397189 - 14/01/02 11:08 AM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
Extreme Offroad Equipment Offline

Loc: Newton, NJ
The rear bumper design is still in development, right now we are finishing up several orders and are producing the steering stabilizer kits so we can start shipping these this week. After this we will continue working on our design which does not include a piece that attachs to the tire lowering mount but is supported in other ways. I am not sure what size tire will be able to be fitted underneath as Steve(Calmini) said there is the issue of how the Nissan bumper has a slight bubble to it to fit the tire underneath, our goal would be for a 32" tire to fit underneath but i am not sure that it will.
The other issue is in regards to the hitch in the bumper, with a hitch it might not be possible at all to fit a tire underneath...for those who just want a replacement bumper are you looking for a hitch as well or just recovery points and Hi-lift jack locations?

"Not all Trails have a Bypass"
www.Extreme4x4Parts.com
sales@Extreme4x4parts.com

#397190 - 14/01/02 11:29 AM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Todd,

Just make a better bumper than KMA did, which I am sure it will be! I like the way Schlud's KMA has two shackles plus a center 2" tow hitch point! That is what I would want!

-Rick

#397191 - 14/01/02 11:41 AM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
colorado_buff Offline

I'd like to have the hitch, but could live without it. If there isn't an integrated hitch, would it be possible to put a Nissan factory hitch on with the new bumper?

#397192 - 14/01/02 11:58 AM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper

That is entirely possible, I will find a local X owner with the Nissan hitch and test that when the bumper is finished if I find out I can not fit at least a 31" tire underneath with a built in hitch.

Quote:
Originally posted by colorado_buff:
I'd like to have the hitch, but could live without it. If there isn't an integrated hitch, would it be possible to put a Nissan factory hitch on with the new bumper?

www.Extreme4x4Parts.com

#397193 - 14/01/02 12:51 PM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
colorado_buff Offline

Thanks for all of the information Todd. One other question, can you give me an estimated date of when these will be ready. I know it's impossible to say for sure, but is it one month, a couple of months, 6 months, a year? Thanks again.

#397194 - 15/01/02 07:37 AM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by Extreme Offroad Equipment:
I am not sure what size tire will be able to be fitted underneath as Steve(Calmini) said there is the issue of how the Nissan bumper has a slight bubble to it to fit the tire underneath, our goal would be for a 32" tire to fit underneath but i am not sure that it will.

Just my .02, You also have to look at the exhaust (Gibson), rear shackles (SLR), stock bumper, and the axle. My 285\75R16 spare tire hits all of that. Even when the tire is aired down to 10psi.

#397195 - 10/02/02 11:56 PM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Todd, has there been any recent development with this situation?

I'm not really interested in any tire carrier, a intergrated hitch or shackle points would be nice though(I can use it for towing, or any minor offroading I would do now, than transfer it to my next X when I get a 4x4), but I'm definitely interested in getting the extra protection a steel bumper would give me..

If there's any update, I'd appreciate it.. Thanks.. smile

#397196 - 11/02/02 05:45 AM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Silly, you have a steel bumper. kick it with your shoes off..... really hard.

#397197 - 11/02/02 08:35 PM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper

Quote:
Originally posted by TatsuoX:
Todd, has there been any recent development with this situation?

I'm not really interested in any tire carrier, a intergrated hitch or shackle points would be nice though(I can use it for towing, or any minor offroading I would do now, than transfer it to my next X when I get a 4x4), but I'm definitely interested in getting the extra protection a steel bumper would give me..

If there's any update, I'd appreciate it.. Thanks.. smile

The bumper is still in development, the design work is all done..I just need to schedule some time for production but best guess is 2 more months.

www.Extreme4x4Parts.com

#397198 - 11/02/02 10:57 PM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
Origami Gangsta Offline

Cool.. Thanks.. smile

#397199 - 12/02/02 08:53 AM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
KillerX Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by stormy:

Just my .02, You also have to look at the exhaust (Gibson), rear shackles (SLR), stock bumper, and the axle. My 285\75R16 spare tire hits all of that. Even when the tire is aired down to 10psi.

You essentially have a 33" tire. I will guarantee that you won't be able to fit a 33" tire underneath unless you really push out the rear bumper. Take a look at your diff to make sure your tire isn't also rubbing it under compression. My 33" BFG M/T's fit, but I noticed my diff getting very clean on the side the tire resides. My tire is up top for now until I get my tire carrier.

#397200 - 12/02/02 10:27 PM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:
Come on tats, kick it real hard like.

How about I kick yer rack??

#397201 - 13/02/02 08:28 AM Re: EOE- Rear Bumper
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Hey Matt take your crap out of this thread, if you have not noticed this is the manufacturers forum not the Clubhouse or ALR...Ian can you please delete the useless posts here please.
EOE...Opening Soon!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal