shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#397372 - 02/08/06 03:01 PM 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure if this is the correct forum....

I am curious to see some customer satisfaction feedback with 4x4parts.com (AC).

I've ordered over $800 worth of stuff from them over the past year or so but it seems like they are light years behind in getting items shipped in a timely fashion (a must for any online business if you ask me).

I placed an order for almost $300 on the 23rd July and after 8 days I sent them an email trying to determine the order status. I got a reply 2 days later stating that they are shipping the order that day. Well another 2 days have gone by and nothing has happened.

Typically when I order something online its at the door in 3-5 days MAX.

I just wanted to see some feedback, I appreciate they are one of the few that make "custom" parts for our Nissan's but unless I get my parts in the next day or two I think I might be done with them.

This isnt intended to bash 4x4parts.com but it seems like they are operating out of a cardboard box sometimes.

#397373 - 02/08/06 03:11 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Part of the problem is that they're in south Florida, and that's one of the most pricey and most time consuming places in the country to ship from/to.

The owners have also been dealing with fixing hurricane damaged homes over the past year, which I'm sure also isn't helping.

#397374 - 02/08/06 03:32 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Saline Offline

Loc: Fruita , CO
I've had nothing but good customer service from AC. Way more helpful than some other aftermarket vendors.

#397375 - 02/08/06 03:47 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wanted to add that my only gripe is shipping time! As mentioned I have been able to contact them which is a big deal online.

#397376 - 02/08/06 03:59 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

My experience with AC has been nothing but excellent. Granted, it hasn't been all that extensive with them in particular, but nothing but good.

#397377 - 02/08/06 04:10 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

same here, only bought a few things there, but they were easy to contact and shipment was made/recvd promptly. [ThumbsUp]

#397378 - 02/08/06 04:15 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for moving this DBAX I figured I was in the wrong forum laugh

Anyway I will shut my mouth now..it just shipped...lol.

Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 04-August-2006

#397379 - 02/08/06 06:06 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Ordered lots of stuff from them...most recently a set of stainless steel brake lines...nothing but good istory with them....

#397380 - 02/08/06 06:34 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hayden, I'd probably chalk it up to something else came up that may have delayed your order a little bit.

I've had great luck with them myself and was recommended to them, too.

#397381 - 02/08/06 08:53 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have gotten a few things from them over the years and have never had a problem.

#397382 - 03/08/06 05:45 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have bought a front & rear lift parts, rancho 9000's, and replacement bushings over the years.. ONLY issue is it seams (purely a guess) is thay have a really small inventory, and order whatever you want, when you place your order.. so you have to wait for someone else to ship it, then them to bounce it to you.. seems to take 10 to 12 business days to get anything from them..
They rock, but if you need it this weekend, you are sol.. you have to plan at least 2 weeks in advance, then you are set..

#397383 - 07/08/06 11:14 AM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had a few bad experiances with them but I will still order from them if they have something I need.

Problem #1: I bought their AAL kit for my 2005 X. Installed it and got a very bad vibration. This was due to the drive shaft angles. I asked them about the problem and they said it wasn't their problem, but Nissan's. All it needed was a shim to fix. They would not supply the shim or even admit there was a problem. I took them off, sold them and bought Calmini AAL's. AC now sells shims with their kit.

Problem #2: I bought the rear Bilstein shocks from them. Got the shocks and they were missing the sleeve for the bottom eye and they did not fit any way. After talking to them they confirmed that yes, although the part number showed it was for a late model Pathfinder they would fit with some spacers. They offered to send me the sleeves which was good and I used washers as spacers. You would think that they would either supply these parts, or at least tell you that they are needed so you can plan for the install.

The thing about AC is, I don't think they make anything they sell. They find things that fit our trucks that are actually made for something else, then marks up the price a bit (in some cases) and sells them.

They also do not tell you who makes some of the products. For instance, no where did it say that their rock sliders are Shrock, but they sure are.

#397384 - 08/08/06 05:28 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

AC does a lot for the Nissan wheeling community, and I ordered every part that was on my old Hardbody from them except for the front & rear bumpers. Once again, they were never the quickest with shipping but as long as I let Jane know when I needed something she had it to me. The only thing I didn't order from them was a set of Body lift liners I ordered from 4 wheel parts wholesalers and the order of course arrived missing half the shit, and was clearly NOT what I ordered. It also took for damn ever because they ship from Cali. I ended up sending the WRONG product on my own dime (their customer service is HORRIBLE) and ordering from the place I should have ordered it in the first place: AC. I have just purchased my Xterra and have a feeling many a paycheck will be headed their way. [ThumbsUp]

#397385 - 08/08/06 08:24 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I've had good and bad experiences, but the bad mostly involved shipping issues as well...like empty boxes arriving with holes in them...drop shipped from their supplier..and then months of finger pointing as to which of them needs to send me a FULL box, etc....or the stuff just takes forever, etc.

I order from them w/o hesitation though.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#397386 - 09/08/06 05:12 AM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just ordered from them and had great customer service and fast shipping. I live in new england so that may be why I got my stuff so fast.

#397387 - 13/08/06 09:30 AM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will no longer order from them. Every shipping situation, it's always been something. Nice people, but their inability to provide consistent customer service is what made the decision not to order anymore. Oh well, no need to order from them anymore anyways. If I do need anything else, there are other vendors, so it's good we have a choice.

#397388 - 14/08/06 08:54 AM Re: 4x4parts.com
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I've had good experiences with them - and they really have done a lot for the Nissan community.

None of the offroad parts companies I've dealt with seem to have quite caught up to the Amazon.com standard of order it now, it ships tonight, and you get it in a few days. You just have to be patient with them.

#397389 - 14/08/06 10:46 AM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just delt with them last week. Called them on Tuesday and they said that they couldn't come up with a 2" Body Lift kit before the week is up because of some event they were hosting at the end of the week. I was wanting the kit before the weekend so I could install it on the weekend before a Pismo run next weekend. They called me back on Wednsday and said that they had the parts and that they could ship them out before they left to go to there event. I had them mail it 2 day air and I received it on friday. My only grief is the instructions that come with the kit. It looks like they used the 3" kit instructions, and just changed the heading to say 2". I used the instructions found in these forums and it went smooth.

#397390 - 14/08/06 05:39 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
I've had good experiences with them - and they really have done a lot for the Nissan community.

None of the offroad parts companies I've dealt with seem to have quite caught up to the Amazon.com standard of order it now, it ships tonight, and you get it in a few days. You just have to be patient with them.
You must not have ordered anything from KnowWhere2Jeep then? And yes, he stocks a full line of stuff for the Xterra. I ordered a full set of SkidRow skids last week. Placed the order on Monday, received them on Wednesday, and the shipping was free. You should check it out if you're looking for exceptional service, great prices, and FAST delivery with no BS or excuses

www.KnowWhere2Jeep.com

#397391 - 21/08/06 08:33 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive never had a problem, Ive had fast e-mail responses and shipping was always on time.

#397392 - 21/08/06 11:00 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of the deals about the shipping issues is:
1: When orders come in they do batches on the
shackles and other parts they make.
2: Tons of orders come in from all around the
world, exe: Europe, Iceland, japan, Brazil.
3: Also that, only the owner designs the new product and 1 other person help with metal crafting.
4: Also calling and dealing with other companies
products that he carries.
5: Last thing if i remeber right, their is only
5 people that help him, few go to school too.
Its hard to find good help down there!
Sometimes thing happen in evey company, but
what makes them great is customer service.
EXPAMPLE: Jim at Shrockworks!!!

#397393 - 22/08/06 08:52 AM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

All the parts I have bought were done online and were recieved within a week or so. I dont like to phone in orders any where unless I have to. I was always notified if an item was back ordered by phone or email.

Very friendly people and have a HUGE variety of products to deal with.

IMO they are doing an awesome job for a small company.

#397394 - 22/08/06 11:16 AM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Boondox:
...but
what makes them great is customer service.
EXPAMPLE: Jim at Shrockworks!!!
Yeah...CS is a must...and they don't have good CS. They blamed Nissan for their AAl causing vibration. Instead of looking at the problem and finding a solution I was basically told I had to live with it, it was Nissan's fault.

I do have to say after I brought up the fact that the Bilstein shocks that they were selling for the rear of the new X's didn't fit. He said, oh, yeah, you need a sleeve and spacers. They did send me the sleeves for the shocks, but I was on my own to figure out how many washers I needed for spacers.

#397395 - 22/08/06 06:51 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just placed a order with another internet company I do business with.

I placed my order at 3:28pm and it shipped at 4:10pm

It will be on my doorstep on Thursday around noon. Thats internet customer service.

This is my 4th order totaling about $500 with the above company they even email a few days after the package arrives to make sure everything is in order.... [ThumbsUp]

I forget when Al Gore invented the internet but its been around awhile [LOL]

#397396 - 22/08/06 08:51 PM Re: 4x4parts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

I placed an order online with them on a Tuesday morning at 11am. I waited until Friday at 3pm to call them as my order had shown as pending/processing since I placed my order. On Friday at 6pm, I call them. I got ahold of some guy on the phone and asked him why my order showed as still "processing" when it's been over 3 days since I placed it. He told me "you ordered this today, and we don't get around to orders placed on Friday until Monday"....I quickly corrected him and said I ordered it 3 days ago on a Tuesday. The response I got was "no, you're mistaken, you didn't place it then" WTF?!?!?!?!? And he basically blew me off and said they couldn't do anything about it until Monday...and I had needed these parts sooner than that. If there was ever a time I would have wanted to use the Lord Vader Jedi choke hold through the phone, that was one of them. He basically was full of shit, realized they screwed up and forgot my order, then tried to pawn it off on me. On top of that, it took them another week after that Monday to ship the order...even though they confirmed it was in stock when I "supposedly" placed the order on Friday.

Bad service...I don't give a shit how swamped they are...they shouldn't be in business if they can't handle the volume, or should hire more help...period

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal