shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#397510 - 04/05/05 07:48 PM Possible Attendee with a question or two...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey everyone,

I'm just down the road from Rausch Creek (well, about an hour or two anyway), and have signed up as a potential attendee. I guess my questions are these:
1. I'm driving a stock X 4x4 (with the possibility of getting some AT tires by then), and was wondering if there are a lot of moderate trails, and/or other attendees, that will be in the same boat as me, ie. not rock crawling or hitting the hardcore stuff. This is not my first 4x4 vehicle and I have some experience offroad.
2. Do you have to show up for all three days for it to count, or for instance, would it be acceptable to go on the weekend dates and not on Friday? I really want to participate and think it would be a great time, as it sounds like you guys have as much fun at night as well as during the day.

Thanks.

#397511 - 05/05/05 12:17 AM Re: Possible Attendee with a question or two...
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
Although, I haven't been, yet... I think I can help you.

Yes, there are a lot of different trails, and there will be groups that go out, based on vehicle capabilities and drive experience. Ergo, you will be able to pick the appropriate group. You already mentioned a tire upgrade, no one would argue with that!

As far as doing all three days... I think that there will be a few people that only run the weekend days. I don't think there would be a problem with that.

The only other recommendation that I would make would be for you to remove the stock step rails, even if just for that weekend.

Feel free to swing over to www.ecxc.com for more information.

-Jeremy

#397512 - 05/05/05 05:44 AM Re: Possible Attendee with a question or two...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Went last year...was an awesome experience...its pretty much pay as you go so you can come for part or all of the event, its up to you...and as far as your truck being near stock thats fine too...there are too many trucks there to run in all one group so they are divided up by types of trails you want to run...It all depends on what you and your truck feel comfortable with...everything from muddy fire roads up to trails where you can be pretty sure someone in your group will do some sort of major damage...By all means come on down!! You're guaranteed to learn something and have a great time!!

#397513 - 05/05/05 06:31 AM Re: Possible Attendee with a question or two...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info - I took the step rails off soon after I got the truck

#397514 - 11/05/05 09:34 AM Re: Possible Attendee with a question or two...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey:
Hey everyone,

I'm just down the road from Rausch Creek (well, about an hour or two anyway)
Where are you from?? Anyway, you could run ECXC with your stock tires and do fine.

#397515 - 14/05/05 06:01 AM Re: Possible Attendee with a question or two...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Smokey,
I attended last's year ECXC on a 04 stock X with stock tires (grabbers) and I did just fine.

answering your second question. As fas as I know you don't have to attend all 3 days. Last year I only wheeled on Friday but I still had to pay the 25 bucks. I think this year I'll be wheeling friday and saturday.

Cavv123

Moderator:  swampwrecker 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal