shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#397892 - 01/07/05 10:12 AM Can you say 90 trucks...
swampwrecker Offline

Loc: Brunswick, GA
at a Nissan Off-road event? Looks like ECXC is going to have 90 freakin' trucks. That's almost double what we had last year!!

Should be an awesome ECXC for sure.

It's too late to sign up and if you signed up, but haven't paid and you still want to go you'd better start preparing for next year. Sorry, but we are all booked up. I've set too many things in motion to be changing numbers now. Same weekend next year, so mark it on your calendar.

#397893 - 01/07/05 10:57 AM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
That's awesome and I can't wait.. wink

#397894 - 01/07/05 01:42 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
That's awesome and I can't wait..
same here, i'm counting down the days laugh

#397895 - 01/07/05 07:02 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Saaaawwwweeeet!!! Gonna be there early as possible on Thursday to get video of everyone coming in...Gonna be awesome!!!

#397896 - 03/07/05 01:36 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Keep us informed.

If they get that many trucks then it will be the largest gathers of any Nissan off-road event.

Way to go. [ThumbsUp]

#397897 - 03/07/05 03:52 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
What's weird is that despite it showing a grassroots swelling of Nissan Off Roading, and a huge number of modded X's in one place at the same time...not a single off road mag is sending anyone to cover it.

:rolleyes:

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#397898 - 03/07/05 04:04 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Keep us informed.

If they get that many trucks then it will be the largest gathers of any Nissan off-road event.

Way to go. [ThumbsUp]
Well, at least the largest gathering of Xterra's, not Nissan trucks.

#397899 - 03/07/05 08:29 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
I can't wait to see the pics!

#397900 - 04/07/05 08:20 AM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
What's weird is that despite it showing a grassroots swelling of Nissan Off Roading, and a huge number of modded X's in one place at the same time...not a single off road mag is sending anyone to cover it.

You have to call them.. e-mail them and send them lots of information about the event. They never just show up at these things.

#397901 - 04/07/05 09:53 AM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
Powerguy38 Offline

Loc: Greensburg, PA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
[b]What's weird is that despite it showing a grassroots swelling of Nissan Off Roading, and a huge number of modded X's in one place at the same time...not a single off road mag is sending anyone to cover it.

You have to call them.. e-mail them and send them lots of information about the event. They never just show up at these things.[/b]
We have contacted them. I've also contacted Nissan for the past 3 years and they have just ignored me. They always pass me to someone else where it just dies. I've phoned, e-mailed, and snail mailed them info and asked for anything they could offer. But Since we're on the east coast, they just ignore us.
frown

#397902 - 04/07/05 07:10 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Yeah - they must know what they're doing, why would they risk encouraging cult status among off road enthusiasts...hell, Jeep tried it, and look where its gotten them....

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#397903 - 05/07/05 10:30 AM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
swampwrecker Offline

Quote:
Keep us informed.

Way to go. [ThumbsUp]
Thanks Carlton. I'm expecting we'll probably lose maybe 10 trucks by the time ECXC rolls around, but it still is an awesome turnout.

I just wish we had a better sponsor turnout like we did last year. Calmini, SLR, TJM, and a few others just ignored me this year. Actually SLR has always ignored me, but Calmini and TJM have been very supportive in the past.

I've only e-mailed Four Wheeler about coverage, but they never responded. Since I have a very good idea where ECXC will be next year I will try to contact them earlier. Now that I have had 2 consecutive years with 50+ trucks at the event, I should have a better chance of getting support.

-Michael

#397904 - 05/07/05 10:49 AM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by swampwrecker:
Quote:
[b]Keep us informed.

Way to go. [ThumbsUp]
Thanks Carlton. I'm expecting we'll probably lose maybe 10 trucks by the time ECXC rolls around, but it still is an awesome turnout.

I just wish we had a better sponsor turnout like we did last year. Calmini, SLR, TJM, and a few others just ignored me this year. Actually SLR has always ignored me, but Calmini and TJM have been very supportive in the past.

I've only e-mailed Four Wheeler about coverage, but they never responded. Since I have a very good idea where ECXC will be next year I will try to contact them earlier. Now that I have had 2 consecutive years with 50+ trucks at the event, I should have a better chance of getting support.

-Michael[/b]
Anyone try contacting Offroad.com? Just saw in their July update that they covered "GonZukin" at Paragon and from the looks of the GonZukin" website I doubt they had over like 25 trucks...

#397905 - 05/07/05 04:49 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Is it to late to add sponsors to your shirts and banners?

I have a buddy over at TJM. I could hit him up for you.... No promises but it might be worth a shot. Their ad budget was cut pretty hard last year and so they haven't been very active with groups/runs of late.

#397906 - 05/07/05 05:29 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
swampwrecker Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Is it to late to add sponsors to your shirts and banners?

I have a buddy over at TJM. I could hit him up for you.... No promises but it might be worth a shot. Their ad budget was cut pretty hard last year and so they haven't been very active with groups/runs of late.
I e-mailed Tom, the marketing rep (I forget his last name) at TJM and he never got back to me. I meet him at ECXC 2002 while at Paragon (he was there for a land cruiser event). He seemed pretty excited about the event and last year he was disappointed that he couldn't donate more than a hat and a set of Staun tyre deflators, which was cool by me. He had mentioned that he didn't have the budget to donate more, so I'm guessing I got to him too late this year.

Would be great if you want to try your buddy. Thanks for the offer.

-Michael

#397907 - 05/07/05 05:42 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I e-mailed every off-road magazine I could find. Not one response. A polite "No thanks," would be fine, but nothing.

Perhaps if we had a shot of a Jeep or a GMC pulling out an Xterra then they would show some interest. Then again, that would only be a poser shot. laugh

#397908 - 05/07/05 05:46 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
I e-mailed every off-road magazine I could find. Not one response. A polite "No thanks," would be fine, but nothing.

Perhaps if we had a shot of a Jeep or a GMC pulling out an Xterra then they would show some interest. Then again, that would only be a poser shot. laugh
really? I got a response from off-road mag.. Michael needs to check his email tho..

#397909 - 05/07/05 08:43 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
BurgPath Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Is it to late to add sponsors to your shirts and banners?

I e-mailed Tom, the marketing rep (I forget his last name) at TJM and he never got back to me. I meet him at ECXC 2002 while at Paragon (he was there for a land cruiser event). He seemed pretty excited about the event and last year he was disappointed that he couldn't donate more than a hat and a set of Staun tyre deflators, which was cool by me. He had mentioned that he didn't have the budget to donate more, so I'm guessing I got to him too late this year.

-Michael[/b]
Havent met Tom. The TJM warehouse is about 5 minutes from me. The Technical Manager is a member of the local TTORA, guys I run around with. I'll give him a shout tomorrow...see if he can do anything. It maybe as simple as hats and deflators but who knows. smile

#397910 - 06/07/05 09:00 AM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
spalind Offline

Swampy...I might be able to get some type of sponsorship from Stanley tools...I am friends with their PR rep...I stress this is MIGHT as its short term but if possible would you want the support and such?

#397911 - 06/07/05 12:50 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
BurgPath Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Is it to late to add sponsors to your shirts and banners?

-Michael[/b]
Havent met Tom. The TJM warehouse is about 5 minutes from me. The Technical Manager is a member of the local TTORA, guys I run around with. I'll give him a shout tomorrow...see if he can do anything. It maybe as simple as hats and deflators but who knows. smile [/b]
Swampwrecker, check your PMs.

#397912 - 06/07/05 05:35 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
swampwrecker Offline

Quote:
Havent met Tom.
I have know idea who Tom is either, I meant Mark McKeever. He is the Marketing Manager assuming he is still with TJM.

-Michael

#397913 - 06/07/05 07:08 PM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
BurgPath Offline

LOL

OK. Let Ryan know that. If anyone can help you he can. Hes good people.

#397914 - 07/07/05 10:33 AM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
swampwrecker Offline

Thanks Kevin. I did get a positive response from Ryan, I just need to find the time to give him a call. Thanks for getting me his e-mail address.

-Michael

#397915 - 07/07/05 11:29 AM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
spalind Offline

See what happens when you pool the resources of the Xterra community!!!

#397916 - 07/07/05 11:58 AM Re: Can you say 90 trucks...
BurgPath Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
See what happens when you pool the resources of the Xterra community!!!
NISSAN Community

Even though I don't drive an X I still support my Nissan brothers. Growth and acknowledgment for one group can easily help another.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  swampwrecker 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal