2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398567 - 20/01/05 10:27 AM No Armada's?
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Not that I own one...was just curious as to why they were excluded from GONE...Too big?

#398568 - 20/01/05 10:35 AM Re: No Armada's?
Anonymous
Unregistered

One would be crazy or rich to wheel their 40,000 dollar vehicle

#398569 - 20/01/05 10:55 AM Re: No Armada's?
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gbizzle:
One would be crazy or rich to wheel their 40,000 dollar vehicle
then why would someone wheel a 100K tube buggy? or 70K Landcruiser, or 100K H1? and really is it that big a difference between a 30K loaded X and a 40K Armada? I'm not being a smartass here I swear...I'm just wondering why a particular Nissan would be excluded...Surely there are 40K Grand Cherokees out there as well...

#398570 - 20/01/05 11:16 AM Re: No Armada's?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
After dragging a Titan through goneMOAB last year.. an Armada would be destroyed on some the the trails. Way too big and not enougth aproach/departure angle.

#398571 - 20/01/05 11:20 AM Re: No Armada's?
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Administrator:
After dragging a Titan through goneMOAB last year.. an Armada would be destroyed on some the the trails. Way too big and not enougth aproach/departure angle.
Ahhh...thats the answer I expected. Thanks!! but seeing as how Titans are still elegible who gets the pleasure of babysitting them as they tear off large pieces of sheet metal?? laugh

#398572 - 20/01/05 11:51 AM Re: No Armada's?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
then why would someone wheel a 100K tube buggy? or 70K Landcruiser, or 100K H1?
Because that is what they are made for. I don't think Nissan intended for the Armada to be wheeled in Moab. That's all chill out.

#398573 - 20/01/05 11:59 AM Re: No Armada's?
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Y'all are jerks! wink

Unless mine was lifted at least 3"...or SIX, and removed (ughh...) the running boards & lower front bumper, I wouldn't even attempt anything other than Onion Creek.

Yes, they're too freekin' big! Ask me about parking the damn thing. (But it's a plush ride, if I might add. laugh )

#398574 - 20/01/05 08:34 PM Re: No Armada's?
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
I believe that Armadas are allowed at goneMOAB, however they will be limited to just the scenic trails.

-Doug

#398575 - 20/01/05 08:52 PM Re: No Armada's?
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
to Quote from the gone welcome page
"If it's a Nissan 4WD vehicle you qualify! "

Good this means my B210 that is 4WD - Where did it say the Armada was not welcome?

#398576 - 20/01/05 10:16 PM Re: No Armada's?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Administrator:
[b]After dragging a Titan through goneMOAB last year.. an Armada would be destroyed on some the the trails. Way too big and not enougth aproach/departure angle.
Ahhh...thats the answer I expected. Thanks!! but seeing as how Titans are still elegible who gets the pleasure of babysitting them as they tear off large pieces of sheet metal?? laugh [/b]
That would be me.

You break 'em, I'll fix 'em. 2 years running.

#398577 - 21/01/05 05:21 AM Re: No Armada's?
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
to Quote from the gone welcome page

Good this means my B210 that is 4WD - Where did it say the Armada was not welcome?
Go to the "information" page on the GONE site...at the top you will read...
"What is goneMOAB ?
Gathering of Nissan Enthusiasts MOAB (goneMOAB) is a social meeting of Nissan 4x4 owners from around North America. This means Pathfinders, Hardbody Pickups, Patrols, Xterras, Titans & Frontiers. If it's a Nissan 4WD vehicle you qualify (except the Pathfinder Armada). The goal of goneMOAB is to meet new people, eat good food, bask in the sunshine and drive some of the best, and most picturesque 4 wheel drive trails in what is known as "Mecca" for 4x4's.
It's a great venue for drivers of all skill levels to enjoy themselves and the scenery, gain experience, and get the most out of their Nissan 4x4.
People from all over the world as well as every major off-road magazine descend on MOAB in the spring for the largest 4X4 event in the country. You have to experience it for yourself!"

#398578 - 21/01/05 08:09 AM Re: No Armada's?
Scott Offline

Loc: Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally posted by Gbizzle:
Quote:
[b]then why would someone wheel a 100K tube buggy? or 70K Landcruiser, or 100K H1?
Because that is what they are made for. I don't think Nissan intended for the Armada to be wheeled in Moab. That's all chill out.[/b]
Actually I saw the Armada at Moab several years before its introduction. I was staying at the same hotel as the Nissan team. I know they took it on Fins and Things, and yes it did do some dragging. Of course the body they had on it looked a lot different from what it is today.

#398579 - 21/01/05 04:07 PM Re: No Armada's?
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
[b]to Quote from the gone welcome page

Go to the "information" page on the GONE site...at the top you will read...
"What is goneMOAB ?
Gathering of Nissan Enthusiasts MOAB (goneMOAB) is a social meeting of Nissan 4x4 owners from around North America. This means Pathfinders, Hardbody Pickups, Patrols, Xterras, Titans & Frontiers. If it's a Nissan 4WD vehicle you qualify (except the Pathfinder Armada). The goal of goneMOAB is to meet new people, eat good food, bask in the sunshine and drive some of the best, and most picturesque 4 wheel drive trails in what is known as "Mecca" for 4x4's.
It's a great venue for drivers of all skill levels to enjoy themselves and the scenery, gain experience, and get the most out of their Nissan 4x4.
People from all over the world as well as every major off-road magazine descend on MOAB in the spring for the largest 4X4 event in the country. You have to experience it for yourself!"[/b]
Well then the front main welcome page has the same information except for "(except the Pathfinder Armada). " That should be updated then.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal