shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398860 - 27/01/06 10:03 AM Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

This was mentioned before then never heard anything back. Whats going on?

#398861 - 27/01/06 05:50 PM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

AZXC will lead Steelbender laugh . So all you noobs showing up to GONE that've never driven off camber, down a 4 foot ledge, next to an 800 ft cliff, better get ready for a thrill. [ThumbsUp]

#398862 - 27/01/06 07:30 PM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
AZXC will lead Steelbender laugh . So all you noobs showing up to GONE that've never driven off camber, down a 4 foot ledge, next to an 800 ft cliff, better get ready for a thrill. [ThumbsUp]
That was the 1st real Moab trail I ran. I was behind Ian and when I saw that 4' drop, and said hell no. Then I watched 15+ trucks do it. I think I was the only one that did it without dragging the shackles. After that obstacle, I had more confidence in the X and the spotters. I had met Ian & RMXC 4 weeks prior to gone and he and RMXC installed my lift.

#398863 - 28/01/06 10:51 AM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hmmmm Let me reword that sow we still have noobs show up this year...

AZXC will lead Steelbender laugh . So all you noobs showing up to GONE that've never driven on a slight grade, down a little ledge, next to an really awesome view, better get ready for a thrill. [ThumbsUp]

[Too much XOC] [drink]

#398864 - 28/01/06 11:31 AM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

[LOL]

#398865 - 28/01/06 12:00 PM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Dan was that part where once you drop off the ledge/shelf you turn to the left? Its at the end of the trail right? where you had issues with your T-bar.

If that is the area to which you are refering to then yes that is a pretty high pucker factor asspect, not to mention the Great view off the Cliff. smile

#398866 - 28/01/06 01:17 PM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
was that part where once you drop off the ledge/shelf you turn to the left? Its at the end of the trail right? where you had issues with your T-bar.
That's the place smile . Once off that ledge, the turn left and down is a whole new challenge too eek . I swear that shelf's getting narrower and narrower.. It's not the end of the trail though. Once past that left and aways further along, you get to the "Mini Dragons tail". A steep off-camber climb with sandstone sheets looking to poke holes in the sides of your truck. Last year while most were trying their hands at getting up there, I tried an optional line. I was unsuccesful the first 3-4 times and about to concede defeat, when someone said something about the possible lack of hair on my sack for not making it up, and VIOLA!! I was up. BTW, no one else even tried that line laugh This is where we traditionally stop for lunch and pull our seatcovers from our arses..

I think I mangled my T-bar anchor shortly after departing there. Drug it across some rock ledge and fubar'd it good.

It'll be nice to see ya' there [drink] [ThumbsUp]

#398867 - 28/01/06 01:24 PM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea man, I cant wait to see some of the folks again, as I recall I owe a few guys some beers and someone some laundry detergent from the last trip out there, minor stuff but I would like to return the favors. For as long as I feel I have been hanging out here at the XOC I dont feel I get out and do enough XOC related events.

#398868 - 28/01/06 03:23 PM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Eric, who is that ASSHOLE in the 2nd pic., oh wait thats me. laugh See you in Moab.

#398869 - 29/01/06 09:03 AM Re: Trail Sponsoship
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
This was mentioned before then never heard anything back. Whats going on?
I am going to have a conf call with the leaders of the clubs who have told me they want to lead a trail. The call will be at the end of Feb. If you have not contacted me alread, then please do so and I will send out the call in info in a few weeks.

Take Care,

-Doug

#398870 - 29/01/06 10:22 AM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that was me Dan, who stated you didn't have a hair on your ass if you didn't make it up.

I could've made it there, but wanted to walk up the other side on the left.... laugh

That's what sux about being at the back of the line...no pics of me anywhere. The beautifull can't be appreciated for their.....beauty!

#398871 - 29/01/06 10:37 AM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
There's a difficult line on that obstacle.......?

It's all easy with 33" tires, gears, front and rear lockers...... [Finger]

I'll take tip-over this trip. I will insist on a good spotter. The tie rod bending incident is still on my mind do to nobody will to spot the guy who was not able to watch others because he was the tail gunner.........
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#398872 - 29/01/06 07:52 PM Re: Trail Sponsoship
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Did Steelbender with my 05 and 285s over the July 4th weekend. No big deal...

UXOC will be hosting Elephant Hill on Thursday. Anyone interested in staying an extra day and seeing an awesome sunrise should post in the other thread. We need to get back country camping permits ASAP if anyone is interested... I will do the paperwork but need to know if there is interest. The trail is a mild 3.

#398873 - 24/02/06 09:57 AM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Quote:
Dan,

Do you guys want to run this Monday 5/22 as a alternative to Fins [Sleep] if so count me in.

We’re still discussion ours but in prep for the call next week, thinking about the following:

Gold Bar Rim and Part of Golden Spike for Friday 5/26 (Advance Run)
Night run on Porcupine Ridge for Monday 5/22

Brian

#398874 - 27/02/06 06:25 PM Re: Trail Sponsoship
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Brian,

I thought you were going to lead Pritchet on Friday? I am sending out call in info for the call on Thursday tonight. Please be on the call so we can get things straight.

-Doug

#398875 - 27/02/06 08:29 PM Re: Trail Sponsoship
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Yeah I still like to check out Pritchet. However, maybe best with a leader that’s been before. Can you invite Lloyd to the conf. call?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal