shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398923 - 08/01/06 03:08 PM Lodging Feedback Thread
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Since I didn't see anything like this in this forum, how about a "I've stayed here, and it was good/bad/ugly" kinda thread.

I've stayed at Sorrel River 3 times over the years and it's been excellent, but pretty spendy at nearly $300 per night - and about 15 miles from downtown. http://www.sorrelriver.com

Also, has anyone stayed here? http://redcliffslodge.com/about-the-inn/index.htm It's next to the above one, but a little less $$$.

We're on the fence for going out during goneMoab, but still trying to keep the possibility alive. I'll be bringing the Scout, but not on any organized runs. Probably do a ride-along with someone with an open seat for the fun trails. smile

#398924 - 08/01/06 09:55 PM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Stayed here the past 3 years. Perfect everytime.

Time before that was at the Ramada. We had three guys on two beds and a roll away. It's a good thing we invested in the Frabrise and drank a whole bunch.

-Doug

#398925 - 09/01/06 10:42 AM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
If I make it, I'll try to get back to Canyonlands campground.

Of all the campgrounds, it is by far my favorite. Centrally located, real pool for family, nice shaded spots. I spent a couple nights at Portal and wished for mor shade.

But that is my opinion.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#398926 - 09/01/06 12:53 PM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree about the shade at Portal

#398927 - 09/01/06 07:10 PM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
I agree about the shade at Portal
Is it That bad? I thought of staying at Canyonlands again but forgot they had Cabins. Hell I may and try and cancell and trying to set upi res. at Canyonlands. Hell who knows.

#398928 - 09/01/06 10:02 PM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
Do they have a bunch of cabins at Portal? From the pictures it looked like they only had 7 or so but wasn't sure if that was all of them. REALLY hoping to go and trying to get as many details knocked out before I can say whether or not I can go for sure. Yeah, at $39 a night I'd go for it. laugh

#398929 - 13/01/06 03:39 PM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
Well they didn't have a deluxe available at Portal for that amount of time. So, I got a stardard one. Oh well, not bad! Officially going now! [Wave]

#398930 - 21/01/06 11:51 PM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everyone last year to me to stay at the Portal RV park but when I got there they said they had no record of me making a resurvation, they were all filled up and there was nothing they could do to help me. Kind of snooty.

So quick thinking on my part, I went next door to the Slickrock campground http://www.slickrockcampground.com/ very nice and friendly. Stayed the whole week for ~$80 and had zero complaints. Great shade, great facilities, very clean. I would highly reccomend it to anyone. A+

If its just me again this year I will definetly stay there again. I have about 6 people that SAY they want to come with me but we will see. If they do I will probably end up in a hotel just b/c it will probably be cheaper and it will give them a place to hang out if they don't want to do the trail that day. I will be looking at all reccomendations for hotels.

Oh yeah, If more than one person decides to come along with me. Would anyone be willing to add an extra passenger since I only have a KC Frontier. I have a feeling that once my friends find out that they wont all be able to ride with me then they wont all want to come. So hopefully thats the case. Thanks.

#398931 - 22/01/06 05:54 AM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Nissanclay, I bet there will be plenty of open seats and drivers won't mind a shotgun rider. I for one would take somebody (if I don't already have one) I really think you would not have a challenge.

#398932 - 22/01/06 01:20 PM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I should have a spot open also most of the week, for a shotgun.

#398933 - 29/01/06 10:15 AM Re: Lodging Feedback Thread
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
I am going to try to get a tent spot in town at Canyonlands campground. My second choice is Slickrock, third is the Portal RV park.

I like that Canyonlands is right in town. Makes drinking less of a concern. [drink] [Too much XOC]

I don't know if I'll try to take my german shepard dog......makes canyonlands a problem.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal