2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398957 - 12/05/06 04:16 PM Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you have never ever ever been to Moab. This is something you may want to read further.

This is not for the trail this information is for APRES WHEELING!!!!

Beer/Alcohol is VERY expensive in Utah. And high point (3.2%+) beer can not be sold COLD.

Now that being said it is also against the law to bring bring liquor that was purchased out of state.

Also with that being said take the information and that info below and digest it.

Quote:
Utah's liquor laws are easy to understand. Alcoholic beverages are served with your meal in most fine restaurants and hotels. Ask your server for a liquor menu and/or wine list. Utah's non-exclusive private clubs offer mixed drinks. Members may bring as many guests as they like. Visitors may purchase a 2-week membership to most private clubs for $5, which entitles them to host up to five guests. The only difference between the availability of drinks in a public restaurant and that of a private club is the time of day the drinks may be served; private clubs may serve alcoholic drinks throughout the day, whereas drinks are served only after 12:00 noon in restaurants.

Lounges and taverns sell beer only; liquor, wine, or beer cannot be brought into such establishments.

State-owned liquor stores sell packaged liquors and fine wines in variously sized bottles. State Stores are open most days, with varying hours, except holidays and Sundays. Beer containing 3.2% alcohol content may be purchased in grocery and convenience stores throughout Utah County, except on Sundays.

Quirky Utah Liquor Laws

Utah's liquor laws may be a bit different from other states, but they are not hard to understand. All you need to do is have a sense of humor and follow these guidelines.

BEER

You can purchase 3.2% beer at a grocery and convenience stores and it is served in most restaurants. Full strength beer can be purchased at State Liquor Stores and is served in private clubs.

WINE

Wine can only be purchased at State Liquor Stores and is served in restaurants and private clubs. Ask your waiter for a wine menu.

LIQUOR

You can purchase liquor in bottles at State Liquor Stores and purchase it by the glass in most restaurants (if you order food) and all private clubs (without ordering food).

Private Clubs - DON'T BE SCARED AWAY, YOU CAN BE AN INSTANT MEMBER!!! You can purchase a temporary membership card which is valid for two weeks. With this membership you can allow a maximum of five guest in with you. Local patrons you may purchase a one year membership which allows an unlimited number of guests. Each individual club sets the rates for both temporary as well as yearly memberships. Typically memberships are very reasonably priced. ASK A MEMBER AT THE LOCATION TO SPONSOR YOU!! You will be suprised to see how easy it is to find a sponsor. 3.2 beer as well as wine and hard liquor are served at private clubs.

#398958 - 12/05/06 06:57 PM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Now that being said it is also against the law to bring bring liquor that was purchased out of state.
EXACT LAW FROM UTAH

Quote:
32A-12-212. Unlawful possession -- Exceptions.

(1) A person may not have or possess within this state any liquor unless authorized by this title or the rules of the commission, except that:
(a) a person who clears United States Customs when entering this country may have or possess for personal consumption and not for sale or resale, a maximum of two liters of liquor purchased from without the United States;
(b) a person who moves the person's residence to this state from outside of this state may have or possess for personal consumption and not for sale or resale, any liquor previously purchased outside the state and brought into this state during the move, if:
(i) the person first obtains department approval prior to moving the liquor into the state;
(ii) the department affixes the official state label to the liquor; and
(iii) the person pays the department a reasonable administrative handling fee as determined by the commission;
(c) a person who as a beneficiary inherits as part of an estate liquor that is located outside the state, may have or possess the liquor and transport or cause the liquor to be transported into the state if:
(i) the person first obtains department approval prior to moving the liquor into the state;
(ii) the person provides sufficient documentation to the department to establish the person's legal right to the liquor as a beneficiary;
(iii) the department affixes the official state label to the liquor; and
(iv) the person pays the department a reasonable administrative handling fee as determined by the commission; or
(d) a person may transport, have, or possess liquor if:
(i) the person transports, has, or possesses the liquor:
(A) for personal household use and consumption; and
(B) not for:
(I) sale;
(II) resale;
(III) gifting to another; or
(IV) consumption on a premise licensed by the commission;
(ii) the liquor is purchased from a store or outlet on a military installation; and
(iii) the maximum amount the person transports, has, or possesses under this Subsection (1)(d) is:
(A) two liters of:
(I) spirituous liquor;
(II) wine; or
(III) a combination of spirituous liquor and wine; and
(B) one case of heavy beer that does not exceed 288 ounces.
(2) (a) Approval under Subsection (1)(b) may be obtained by a person who:
(i) is transferring the person's permanent residence to this state; or
(ii) maintains separate residences both in and out of this state.
(b) A person may not obtain approval to transfer liquor under Subsection (1)(b) more than once.

Amended by Chapter 152, 2005 General Session
Maybe someone with a law background can correct me...

But I think it says you can bring beer into the state if you drink it yourself and you have less than 288 onces of 3.2+ beer.

#398959 - 12/05/06 07:00 PM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also check out the current price list for beer & liquer

PRICE LIST OUCH!!!

$1.80 per bottle of beer

#398960 - 12/05/06 07:10 PM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
Wow, we definitely didnt know about that law when a bunch of us took a rafting trip in Moab for spring break. We probably brought about 40 cases for the trip and nobody said anything. [Uh Oh !]
SWXC Member #74

#398961 - 12/05/06 08:34 PM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
Can you simply buy regular beer in MOAB? Nothing special, just Miller, Bud, Corona the usual stuff? If so is it outrageous in price?

#398962 - 12/05/06 08:35 PM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:
Also check out the current price list for beer & liquer

PRICE LIST OUCH!!!

$1.80 per bottle of beer
OUCH is RIGHT!!!! [drink] [Smoking]

I will only be bringing in my legal wink amount due to prices wink being so high. wink

[Smoking]

#398963 - 12/05/06 08:42 PM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by southernx7:
Can you simply buy regular beer in MOAB? Nothing special, just Miller, Bud, Corona the usual stuff? If so is it outrageous in price?
Price PER BOTTLE
Corona $1.90
Guiness $2.35
Heineken $2.05
Becks Light/Dark $1.80

Miller, Bud, Coors can all be bought at the store but are ONLY 3.2% and are a higher price as well.

#398964 - 13/05/06 09:25 AM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Anonymous
Unregistered

and

Who's with me?! We're going streaking!! laugh

#398965 - 15/05/06 08:20 AM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, does this mean no beer exchange? was going to bring a good supply of tommy knocker, too. too bad.

#398966 - 15/05/06 08:26 AM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
[drink] [Smoking]

I will only be bringing in my legal wink amount due to prices wink being so high. wink

[Smoking]
PSA - Beer is expensive in UTAH!!!! [Smoking] But not expensive every where else.

#398967 - 15/05/06 03:00 PM Re: Just FYI ... you know beer and such.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check out the local brew “Polygamy Porter!” Featuring such slogans as “Take some home to the wives.” And “Why have just one.” Good stuff.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal