2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#399098 - 31/03/02 08:54 PM Some more videos...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Hopefully this won't abuse SuperJens server too much...

Hell's Revenge on Day 2.

A small hot tub near the top...
Hot Tub

Lockers versus...
Project X on Tip Over Challenge

Fuji limited slips...
Calmini Frontier on Tip Over Challenge

The last obstacle on Hell's Revenge...
Project X in the Narrows

Poison Spider Mesa Day 3

xoc climbing the Waterfall...
xoc on the Waterfall

Steel City X with his own special style of getting up the waterfall (with bald tires)...
Steel City X on the Waterfall

#399099 - 01/04/02 07:45 AM Re: Some more videos...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Steel City X with his own special style of getting up the waterfall (with bald tires)...
Ian, how can you let a GOX veteran and fellow RMXC'er get away with bouncing around like that without trash talking, yet give me shit for this ?

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#399100 - 01/04/02 08:16 AM Re: Some more videos...
CheetaraX Offline

Loc: Ft. Collins
OffroadX, for one thing that trail is a lot steeper than the video makes it out to be. Also Steel_City_X has done the trail before and new what it would take. Like Lisa said in the video he was a little to far to the right but that is a lot better then the tippy section if you stall to the left. I almost got stuck on that section over Thanksgiving. He was bouncing but I didn't hear him bang down on any rocks. My only question is Steel did you at least take the hitch off this time. Looks like a blast. How many did the wedge this time Ian?

#399101 - 01/04/02 09:34 AM Re: Some more videos...
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Ian, how can you let a GOX veteran and fellow RMXC'er get away with bouncing around like that without trash talking, yet give me shit for this
  • Because I don't like you.
  • It was very early in the morning
  • That's about the only way up with bald tires

#399102 - 01/04/02 09:43 AM Re: Some more videos...
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
That's about the only way up with bald tires
Hey, that brings up an honest question. I've never been to Moab, but I know a lot of mountain bikers who go there to run slickrock put somewhat more road oriented tires on their bikes. I would almost think on-road/slick tires would be an advantage on slickrock. No?

#399103 - 01/04/02 10:07 AM Re: Some more videos...
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
...how can you let a GOX veteran and fellow RMXC'er get away with bouncing around like that without trash talking, yet give me shit for this ?

Brent
Plus the Waterfall is a Very tough obstacle.
The two big stairs on the obstacle are almost the exact wheelbase of the Xterra, so as your front tires climb the second step, the rear tires are climbing the first step. It requires momentum to do it without lockers.

It's a far cry from rolling down rocks on a forest road.

Xterra101.com

#399104 - 01/04/02 10:15 AM Re: Some more videos...
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
I would almost think on-road/slick tires would be an advantage on slickrock. No?
Street tires do offer more traction, but they get to a point where they just suck, and can't be aired down enough to wrap and get a good grip.

Todd is shopping for new shoes now.

#399105 - 01/04/02 10:51 AM Re: Some more videos...
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Well,
I'll take a little heat. 1)Long Trails do well on rock. 2)they have very little lateral grip, no lugs, therefore climbinging an edge is difficult. 3)I did not tear up mother earth. 4) Automatic trans would be a benefit, but I have MT. 5) there is a big ass hole on your downhill side that I did not want to visit.

6) I punched it too much. I did the same thing last year.

Next year join us at goneMOAB. Live the trails in a stock vehicle.

Once I can view the video I will reply.

BTW - nothing changed from November when I was there other than springs sagging further. Still have the dreaded hitch. Logan appreciated my hitch helping him determine when he would scrape.

Todd - 'the bouncing bulldozer'
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#399106 - 01/04/02 05:05 PM Re: Some more videos...
Steel_City_X Offline

Okay, So it is ugly! Points of impact are most likely the front hook and right spring hanger. Many of us became very familiar with spring hanger impacts, using sliders, hooking load leafs, and many other things that could hook, drag, bang, scrape, tear, etc.......

APWired will have a whole set of other pictures eventually showing the Xterra Bulldozers.

I have have new lift kit on order that should be shipping shortly(hint, hint SLR). Tires will come next. After about $10,000 extra, we will maybe be similar to the factory stock vehicles that we saw on Tuesday.

It is soo easy to talk about 'the right way' to do things, but you gotta be there before you talk too much trash. We impressed a number of people with the capabilities of our 'lowriders' as they were called.

Todd - "the boucing bulldozer X"

#399107 - 01/04/02 05:35 PM Re: Some more videos...
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Hats off to you Todd! Both you and APWired took stock Xterras to the limit. Who would have thought that you could tackle some of the hardest trails Moab has to offer in an Xterra?

We ALL did our fair share of bouncing that day...

#399108 - 02/04/02 09:28 AM Re: Some more videos...
OffroadX Offline

In case there is any confusion, I'm not knocking how it was done, just that Ian gives me shit for less.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#399109 - 02/04/02 09:48 AM Re: Some more videos...
Steel_City_X Offline

Brent,

How do you know that Ian didn't give me shit. remember, I spent the balance of the week in Moab giving plenty of time for grief.

I have never tried to say that I exhibited the best skills at this point, but I somehow did complete the day. Knowing when to bypass, not trying things that put anyone into danger, etc... I think that overall I coaxed more out of a nearly stock vehicle last week than I ever thought possible. Realizing this, I never want to push the limits of the stock package again.

Todd

#399110 - 02/04/02 10:55 AM Re: Some more videos...
OffroadX Offline

I don't know that he didn't give you shit, but I do know if he did it wasn't on a public message board.
Anyway, we digress...

Brent

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal