2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#399504 - 30/05/06 11:13 AM Stockers @ GONE??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wondering if there were any and if you got any pics/video?

#399505 - 30/05/06 12:22 PM Re: Stockers @ GONE??
Bruzer Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I was there with my stock 2005 Offroad. I only added the shrockworks rock sliders. I would have preferred a lift but didn't have one, so I heard my frame and trailer hitch scraping more than I wanted.

There were at least two other 2005 S models there, but each of them had bigger than stock tires and sliders. One of the S models had a lift and the other was not.

I can tell you the rear diff locker helped me up many different places. I also used the hill decent feature when going down some very steep sections. Those things were well worth the extra money.

#399506 - 30/05/06 01:08 PM Re: Stockers @ GONE??
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Kewl pics.. [ThumbsUp]

#399507 - 31/05/06 09:08 AM Re: Stockers @ GONE??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great pics Bruzer. It was a blast out there wasn't it?

We also had a stock truck (2003). Well, besides the torsion bar adjustmenets I made to fit the 265/75 BFGs.

We hung in there pretty good except for a few times where it was on 3 wheels and we lost traction. Robert (screenname?) on Thursday convinced me to remove our rear sway bars while doing the Elephant Hill run, and that made all the difference in the world for the second half of our trip.

If I could do it over again, I would definitely have invested in some sliders as we got a pretty good dent and scratch on our passenger side rocker panel from the Steel Bender trail on the first day.

#399508 - 31/05/06 09:10 AM Re: Stockers @ GONE??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did Steel Bender and Hell's Revenge in my '06 S with tires like the Off-Road and Calmini rocker skids.

I have yet to post my pics, except one. Just cut 800 down to 425. Now I have to select the best 100 or so for Flickr.

You can check my videos at youtube.com. Search for user 'baskoner'.

#399509 - 31/05/06 11:34 PM Re: Stockers @ GONE??
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's definitely cool, guys...

#399510 - 01/06/06 06:26 AM Re: Stockers @ GONE??
Bruzer Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally posted by Funkadelic:
Great pics Bruzer. It was a blast out there wasn't it?
Yes I had a good time, but I wish we hadn't run Steel Bender first. I would have liked to run something slightly less difficult on the first day.

I also got some damage even with my sliders on. Steel Bender was tough and I was stressed the whole first run. Hell's Revenge seemed less stressful probably because I heard less of my frame dragging.

Moab should stock and sell lift kits that you need to install before you run the trails. I would have put one on if I had known what was in store.

#399511 - 01/06/06 06:34 AM Re: Stockers @ GONE??
Scott Offline

Loc: Fort Collins, Colorado
Ahh - "Minnesota and Illinois". You guys were both nuts to have Steelbender be your first real offroad experience. Hats off to you. Over time you will learn to recognize "okay" scraping sounds from "oh crap" scraping sounds. With a non-lifted 1st gen I must say Steelbender is one of the higher scraping ratio trails. For me though I knew it was spring hangers, tow hooks, and sliders and suffered no damage. There wasn't really anything that tough to get over, just more dragging than you would like. You will find that trail a lot less stressful next year, trust me. The more experience you get, the more comfortable you get.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal