shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#399601 - 07/06/05 10:47 PM GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everyone,

I took my new red X and had a great time. I think all 34 X's spotted me at one time or helped me find the the best line. I wanted to give out awards for those I thought really made a difference...

And the awards go to:

MVX (MOST VALUABLE XTERRA)

Carlton for putting on a great show and donating his time, his broken axle, and putting up with my mouth when I stepped in something that I had no business stepping in and then hearing me apologize like 15 times.

BDGA (BEST DAMN GUIDES AWARD)

Doug for his wonderful color guides. They were a big help! Thank you for a great off road bible!

BSA (BEST SPOTTER AWARD)

DBAX Yellow X from AZ.

He always got out of his truck and made sure I had the best line all of the time. (EVEN when he lead the trails or was the tail gunner.)

BTA (BEST TAILGUNNER AWARD)

The Canadian (John) With his wife and son in his great Pathfinder who always took the Tail Gunner position and was patient with the Newbie (ME).
Also he always got out of his truck and helped spot me too when DBAX was busy helping others. Whatta ya say Canadian? "Hey" Just kidding.

BGCTHW (BEST GROUP CLUB TO HANG WITH)

The COLORADO SEPARATISTS! Troy, Jason, Eric, Security et All,
They let me hang with their group (Me being a slow newbie) and treated me like an equal long term member of their club and I had a blast with them. Even drinking nasty 3/2 beer at the Mexican Hacienda restaurant. Thanks guys for being fun and cracking me up especially when we went baja racing in the dunes.

BBBTHTN (BEST BIG BROTHER TO HELP THE NEWBIE)

Todd - Steel City X who basically held my trucks hand in Fins and things, and Hells revenge when I was so nervous I really don't remember the first two days. (I had to change my underwear a lot!)

SSA (Stupid Sticker Award)

For the newbie who wanted to fit in and put all these stickers on his truck, and they looked stupid, but the group still accepted him - me.

THANK YOU EVERYONE I had a blast.

Mark

#399602 - 08/06/05 07:34 AM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark1107:

Carlton for putting on a great show and donating his time, his broken axle, his money printing up the great guides

Those were nice event guides. However it was Doug who put in alot of work to get those done. Of all the events I have been to those were/are the best I have ever seen.

#399603 - 08/06/05 10:31 AM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mark,

I'm glad you could make it out. At least I wasn't the ONLY X from Cali!

haha!

#399604 - 08/06/05 01:03 PM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
off2cjb Offline

Nice comments Mark.

#399605 - 08/06/05 10:23 PM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mark, it was nice meeting you I definately had a good time listening to all of the markisms. Also, hope to wheel with you again sometime soon.

#399606 - 09/06/05 05:17 PM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
Saline Offline

Loc: Fruita , CO
Mark,
It was nice too meet you and run Poison Spider! I gotta give you props for taking your new X on all those trails! Strong work! Hope to see you out here again.

Josh & Jodi (and Dignan, the fat kid Lab that ate everything)

#399607 - 10/06/05 07:52 PM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Mark,
Thanks buddy, BTA I like that [LOL] . We just got back today, it was a long trip but worth it. Thanks to Doug, Carlton and to Dan, for with out you there would be no trip.
We got roughly 5000 km, or 3000 miles, logged on the SAS'd pathfinder and she held up fine.
Thanks agian and to all the new friends we met.
John (The Canadian)

#399608 - 10/06/05 08:04 PM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Glad you made it home safely.

We were glad to have some friend from the Great North come visit. laugh

#399609 - 12/06/05 08:28 PM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Mark,

Awesome meeting you. Had a great time next year I hope to have a bit more time off and might stick around a bit more. The town I work in only has 14 so a group of 30 something was a bit crowded for my taste. [Too much XOC] [Huh?]

Thought about sticking anything on your roof? :p

#399610 - 14/06/05 12:49 AM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by evansxterr:
Mark,
It was nice too meet you and run Poison Spider! I gotta give you props for taking your new X on all those trails! Strong work! Hope to see you out here again.

Josh & Jodi (and Dignan, the fat kid Lab that ate everything)
Josh & Jodi & Dignan,

It was great meeting you three. We never did go back and get our Lions Back stickers - oh well.
Thank you for coming out and helping me.

#399611 - 14/06/05 12:52 AM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Hey Mark,

Awesome meeting you. Had a great time next year I hope to have a bit more time off and might stick around a bit more. The town I work in only has 14 so a group of 30 something was a bit crowded for my taste. [Too much XOC] [Huh?]

Thought about sticking anything on your roof? :p
I see you got jokes Kev... By next year's GONE I promise I will have one stupid sticker on my roof just for you to crack on me. I appreciated you guys letting me hang with you this was a great event.

#399612 - 14/06/05 12:54 AM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark1107:
[b]

Carlton for putting on a great show and donating his time, his broken axle, his money printing up the great guides

Those were nice event guides. However it was Doug who put in alot of work to get those done. Of all the events I have been to those were/are the best I have ever seen.[/b]
Carlton I edited my post to let the record reflect Micheal Jackson really got off - on the little boys - just kidding, to add an award for the best damn guides award for Doug's great off road bible.

#399613 - 18/06/05 05:39 AM Re: GONE MOAB ACADEMY AWARDS
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Mark - Was nice meeting you there. I'm sure by next year's got you'll be lifted, have a nice front bumper and with that engine be the envy of all... smile

Mark and Shannon

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal