2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#400179 - 08/04/02 06:39 PM I need a picture or video...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
If you have it.
Tuesday, on Hell's Revenge after we stopped for lunch. A short way up the trail, just before Tip over Challenge was an obstacle off to the right called Escalator. A yellow Toyota truck with a tube frame had gone up it, then back down. He then drove off trail and across soil and plants to get ahead of the group of Jeeps in front of us.

If anyone has any pictures or video with the Toyota in them (not obeying Tread Lightly principles), I would appreciate getting them.

#400180 - 08/04/02 09:22 PM Re: I need a picture or video...
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Sorry, none here frown

#400181 - 08/04/02 10:09 PM Re: I need a picture or video...
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
I recall AP snapping a few of this tube, perhaps he has some vid/photos of his careless treading all over the place very quickly frown

#400182 - 08/04/02 11:03 PM Re: I need a picture or video...
XOC Offline
Admin

I checked with Al, he didn't get anything.

If you want to know why, here's the thread .

Please don't post on it, just read, unless you saw him do it.

Some of the locals who understand how important this issue is are behind me 100%, but POR sent some shills over to spell poorly and badmouth my lack of wheeling skillz. They haven't said "fawk" yet though...

#400183 - 09/04/02 11:03 AM Re: I need a picture or video...
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
XOC,
There is a picture of the truck. It contains LAxterra at one of the tubs. Unfortunately, it does not show his front plate. (he did not have one). I think he was with the San Diego Group.

I have been trying to find the picture. I DID see the yellow truck drive over every obstacle, regardless of whether it was part of the trail.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#400184 - 09/04/02 11:59 AM Re: I need a picture or video...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I think he's looking for pix/video taken as he was driving off the trail...

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#400185 - 09/04/02 03:07 PM Re: I need a picture or video...
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Steel_city_x,
I don't think you understand. The guy already admitted that he was there, and we already know his name. He doesn't deny the fact that he was there that day nor does he deny the fact that he was "taking a short cut". but his "reasoning" is that it was a little used trail. What I believe Ian is looking for is a photo/video of him driving across the fragile soil.

Read the link that Ian posted for more info.

#400186 - 09/04/02 05:02 PM Re: I need a picture or video...
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
I understand the request.

I stood is disbelief and watched without camera.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#400187 - 09/04/02 05:37 PM Re: I need a picture or video...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I was equally flabbergasted as I watched several guys on large quads bully their way through their woods to bypass us on the trail in Uwharrie last November. They were riding down 3" thick trees...

Don't even bother bringing up my 2.5 year old incident...

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#400188 - 09/04/02 05:48 PM Re: I need a picture or video...
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Don't even bother bringing up my 2.5 year old incident...
Then don't post in a thread that does not concern you in any way.

#400189 - 10/04/02 03:09 AM Re: I need a picture or video...
D_Roc Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
POSTED ON colorado4x4.org

Just for kicks I went to the XOC forum to try and find out from his posts what Ian is like(very slow night at work).
From what I read You have a piss poor attitude all the way around man. I ran across quite a few posts where you jump down peoples throats for minor shit. They all seem to fear you too "Ian has givin me more shit for less". Your a moderator over there man.....not a god.

I've seen you referred to as a policeman. You ACT like one! You come across liek a complete a$$hole man.

This is my opinion on you. Not your rig, where or how you wheel, level of builtness, just you and how you come accross.

Chris is very well know. Some like him, some don't. Unless your "i need pics or video" thread come through, back off. Do you realize how many people from other boards have logged in here just because you piss people off? The 4whellin community in a tight group and news, positive or negative, travels VERY fast.

Your negative rep is spreading like wild fire accross the net, trust me.
You can bash Chris all you want. Try to get his hand slapped. Trust me my friend your rep will get crushed long before his.
My $0.04
Cord Lovejoy
(719) 201-9655
Call if you want. I'm done reading this subject. FYI this will be posted (and I'm sure deleted by you) in your own forum.

#400190 - 10/04/02 04:39 AM Re: I need a picture or video...
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by D_Roc:
Chris is very well know. Some like him, some don't. Unless your "i need pics or video" thread come through, back off. Do you realize how many people from other boards have logged in here just because you piss people off? The 4whellin community in a tight group and news, positive or negative, travels VERY fast.

Your negative rep is spreading like wild fire accross the net, trust me.
You can bash Chris all you want. Try to get his hand slapped. Trust me my friend your rep will get crushed long before his.
Analogy to follow:

Lawyer: Hey you don't have any pictures or video. He never did it. He is a upstanding member of the community. The witness is lying. His rep will get crushed long before my client. The witness has been a asshole to other people [Freak] .
The 4whellin community in a tight group. They can vouch for my client.

Judge: What does peoples opinions of the witness have to do with anything. How about the other 5 or 6 witnesses who were too dumbfounded by the lack of "Treading Lightly" to power up their digital camera or camcorders quick enough to record the 10 second romp thru the brush.

Lawyer: I move to strike all the witnesses(figuratively of course wink ) testimony. They are all jealousy of my client. They have inferior vehicles and suffer envy.

Judge: Oh... they have a inferiority complex. Oh... I see. Wasn't Jon Thompson... the Editor of Four Wheeler magazine riding with the XOC group all day and taking pictures?

What do they have to be envious of? Why would so many witnesses lie?

Lawyer: Uh... confused mad they are all just a bunch of latte sipping wimps. We have better trucks then they do. [Uh Oh !]

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#400191 - 10/04/02 04:44 AM Re: I need a picture or video...
D_Roc Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
LOL. I like the analogy! Pretty cool!

Not saying anyone is lying. I was not there. Just giving an opinion. Take it or leave it. AND FOR THE LAST TIME THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH XTERRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll make sure and post my next CO trip here so you guys can come along.
Cord

#400192 - 10/04/02 10:35 PM Re: I need a picture or video...
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
I wasn't at on the trail during the incident but I was there that night when we were all watching videos of Hell's Revenge.

As soon as the part with the Xterra and the Toyota in question showed up everybody went off about what a retard he was to drive over the cryptobiotic soil.

I belive what they've been saying all along. It wasn't made up after because they were jealous or his ride.
There was serious anger at Chris for blatently disregarding the Tread Lightly rules.

Xterra101.com

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal