2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#400308 - 04/05/06 11:44 AM Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Xterra people. I'm making plans drive from Chicago to Moab in my new 2006 4x4 S, but I don't have the dough to stay out there all week. What days/4x4 trails would be best suited to a stock 4x4 S that's not looking for damage? The trail ratings say 3.5 or 4 is okay without special parts, but other websites say that 3.5 and 4 are heavy duty trails.

Thanks!

#400309 - 04/05/06 11:53 AM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

2 years ago when I went My X was for the most part stock. I had Sliders (good to have), ARB bumper (not needed), and a AC front skid plate(good thing) . The trails I did were Fins n Things, Hells Revenge, and Steel Bender. No real issues.

Hope that helps, you will not regret it, meeting people, good times, breath takeing scenery and you get to learn about yours and your X' abilities. smile

#400310 - 04/05/06 11:56 AM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What do people do when they break their trucks? Then again, does an X break?

#400311 - 04/05/06 12:10 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bask Oner:
What do people do when they break their trucks? Then again, does an X break?
Oh they break, there are some items that are for the most part are known to break on any vehicle when wheelin. Tie rod adjusters, T-bars on occasion, T-bar adjuster, CV joints, hubs and a few other things. When they break most plan ahead (the experienced wheelers) and bring replacements. For those that dont have X-tras, XOC members are real good about helping each other out.

THis is why you should wheel with folks with experience. There is alot to learn, and most enjoy teaching. Come out you wont leave mt handed. smile

#400312 - 04/05/06 12:14 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thinking about it, before I went 2 years ago I had some experience wheelen. The questions you are asking and some concerns you are probably haveing are the same questions/concerns I had.

I was asking what tools to bring, should I bring Firewood and such. Some smart ass by the name of DBAX replied " yea bring the wood and we'll make a big bonefire" or somthing like that. laugh

#400313 - 04/05/06 01:09 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tools? Got that covered - I've owned too many Fords in my life.

You think I'll survive a day or two with some shrock bars and a tow strap?

#400314 - 04/05/06 01:20 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bask Oner:
Tools? Got that covered - I've owned too many Fords in my life.

You think I'll survive a day or two with some shrock bars and a tow strap?
Certainly, The only times I saw/heard of any recovery was when one guy got stuck in a muddy washout, and one guy rolled. Dont let that scare ya though, just watch your spotter. The guy who rolled didt have a spotter, and the guy who got caught up in the mud was pretty much unavoidable, so I've heard. laugh

#400315 - 04/05/06 01:23 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can a girlfriend who likes to drive wearing flip-flops function as an adequate spotter? [Too much XOC]

#400316 - 04/05/06 01:27 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i drive wearting flip-flops all the time! wink

#400317 - 04/05/06 03:11 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Some smart ass by the name of DBAX replied " yea bring the wood and we'll make a big bonefire" or somthing like that. laugh
That's the day you learned to use the word "ergo" laugh ..

Always remove your flip-flops while driving, much more control w/out them on smile . And unless she's your normal spotter (you trust her), there'll be assigned spotters/trailbosses for the trails.

On a side note, If you'll be there the last two days (Th&F), I've got a room for rent in a condo the last two nights. PM me if interested.
[Smoking]

#400318 - 04/05/06 03:31 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's the day you learned to use the word "ergo" ..

Yep, and that is the day my introduction to the XOC began.

Point is, Bask Oner there is alot to learn and these folks will help, with the addition of alittle humor. laugh

#400319 - 11/05/06 07:56 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got a tow strap and some Calmini rocker skids (boy do they take their time shipping!) on the way. Now I'm worried about the stock tires. Will they hold up at Moab, or should I get some o' these cheapo General Grabber ATs?

p.s. I swear I'll stop modding if you say the stockers are okay! I had an addiction before, and it was baddd (WRX).

#400320 - 11/05/06 08:53 PM Re: Best Trails for Stock 4x4 S Model?
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
You should be able to run your stock tires. You might need new ones after the event. laugh

-Doug

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal