2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40106 - 10/12/06 06:31 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh:
And considering my H2 is one out of 400 others like it, I don't see it depreciating all that much.
[LOL]

Umm, yeah. There are actually a few cars on the market that don't depreciate that much after the initial purchase, but the H2 sure as hell isn't one of them. As a GM product, it will actually depreciate faster than average.

Hope this helps, retard. [Wave]

#40107 - 10/12/06 06:49 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Haha, you all are the biggest bunch of single-minded fuckheads on the planet. But whatever, have fun with your Hummer bashing for whatever reason. Just don't get in my way, and I'll stay out of yours [Finger]

#40108 - 10/12/06 07:03 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

how old are you?

#40109 - 10/12/06 08:14 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

#40110 - 10/12/06 08:38 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

#40111 - 10/12/06 08:57 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#40112 - 10/12/06 08:58 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you all go home every night and walk in the door and be like "Honey, can I have a cookie, I spent my day bashing a 16 year old kid on the forum!" If you'll notice, I haven't said a single negative thing about the Xterras. I didn't post this thread to start a fight, I didn't start an I just got an H2 and it's better than your X argument. I simply posted to say that my X got totalled, I miss it, and it's finally been replaced. I think both vehicles have their strengths and weaknesses, as all vehicles do, but I don't feel the need to get in a pissing match about which is better. I just find it funny that you all act so smug that you can sit here and type derogatory messages and post funny comics calling me gay and saying I have a small dick, and I'm the one willing to be the bigger man and just let it all go. My friends used to sit online all day and look at funny comics like that and post stupid shit all over the place, when they were 14, and now here I am, 16 years old, and the majority of you are almost twice my age and you sit here acting as though your maturity level is that of 14 year olds, and I'm the one being relatively calm and mature. So perhaps before you go and start calling me a loser on here, you should stop and think and maybe the fact that "Wow, I'm 30 years old, and I spent my day on an Xterra forum bashing some kid and his new car just because it's not an Xterra." will enter your minds.

#40113 - 10/12/06 09:03 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is she still 14?

#40114 - 10/12/06 09:07 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
You are right...we should have some way of knowing how old someone is - maybe a tag on the sig line, or where the year of the truck is, etc....that way, when they say things that 30 yr olds get kidded about, we know that its just a kid saying it.

Maybe membership levels?

Until that's worked out, I do feel for you...you loved your X, you wanted to hang out here afterwards, but - you forgot the blood in the water type frenzy that goes on when people throw chum in the water.

laugh

You have to just let the ribbing go...its not like you need anyone's approval.

You want an H2, and you get them for free...that's cool.

You had an X, and you want to post on XOC, fine...I welcome you, there's plenty of Ex-X owners here, many also had hard times or wrecks or wives that kept half their stuff, etc.

Just don't expect the sharks to not be sharks...you know who they are...and you know who everyone else is.

With the number of Hummer jokes, hell, even the NAME HUMMER is a joke, slang for a blow job since before your dad was born...you HAVE to expect some ribbing.

You can take it badly, and run off feeling hurt...or take it like a man (Afterall, its just online, its not like you lose real blood or anything...).

laugh

So stand tall, shoulders back, and let them do their worst. When they're done, no one will care. Your posts will be who you are.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#40115 - 10/12/06 09:19 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

You always need a flame suit when
you post on XOC

#40116 - 10/12/06 09:19 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Haha, very true. I can take it. It's kinda fun actually, 34 replies in only 2 days. And I did kinda ask for the ribbing, considering I posted the /Confession part of the topic name. I dunno now though, I'm starting to wonder which would have gotten me more ribbing, the FJ Cruiser, or the H2. wink Not that I ever looked at the FJ, I figured buying a Jeep or the FJ would be like the ultimate sin considering they're competition, I just figured that since the H2 is in a completely different class it would be alright considering it's not competition. But oh well, it's been fun. But I've gotta get to bed, school tomorrow of course. Y'all leave me something to reply to when I get out laugh

#40117 - 10/12/06 10:20 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
Well I was 16 when I got my X and I wasnt to well liked either. Not to many of people get a new car at 16 let alone an X or H2. Where I grew up pretty much everyone at my high school had a new car and the student lot put the teachers lot to shame, out of the ordinary and kinda wrong, yeah, but your a crackhead if mom and dad offer you a car and say nah, im just gona flip burgers for another year so I can get that sweet civic ive always wanted. I also think your on crack for not going for a Range Rover if it was really an option, my dad has an LR3 and if you like riding luxury than I duno why you didnt get a Range. Did you even go sit in one? makes me all warm inside just thinkin about it. But thats just me, enjoy the H2. [drink]

#40118 - 10/12/06 11:13 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man you guys are harsh. The kids 16 he had a 06 Xterra Offroad and now he has a H2. Personally I think that's cool. My first car when i was 16 was a 1971 Ford Gran Torino piece of shit (although at the time I thought it was awesome)

I personally can afford to buy whatever veichle I'd like but I chose the Xterra although I admit the H2's are a sweet ride especially with the 6L V8 they come with now.

Don't hack on a guy because he can afford a better ride then you I had a 03 4runner sport before my X and even though it was a WAY nicer ride I traded it in on my X because it suits me better and obviously Josh bought his H2 because it suits him so lay off.

#40119 - 11/12/06 06:46 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
You guys are confusing the issue. People don't necessarily have a problem with the kid, though he'll learn that flaunting the fact he gets his vehicles from mom and dad will tend to alienate those who are busting their asses to make ends meet. It's the H2.

My issue with the entire Hummer line is that they're pretentious and made just for the "look at me" types. Hummers and Land Rovers are all over Atlanta and 99% of them never get 1 tire off the pavement. I have family in Alaska and that's a place where a Hummer or Land Rover is appropriate. In most places it's a compensatory vehicle if you get my drift.

#40120 - 11/12/06 06:56 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate the new hummers, I would take an original Hum-V over them any day

#40121 - 11/12/06 09:35 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Xterra Kid, I actually did go sit in the Range Rovers and Land Rover. They were all very nice, but the Land Rovers 7 seats took up so much cargo room, and they just seemed like a hassle to take in and out. The Range Rovers were also very nice, but sitting in the Range Rover Sport I just felt a little too cramped because I have fairly broad shoulders, and the Range Rover is an incredibly nice car, but once you start adding options to it it gets up there in price, like $100,000 plus, and that was way too much. Gord Hunt, thank you. BlueSky, I don't really know what you're talking about with me flaunting anything. I came to announce that I replaced my Xterra. That other guy was the one who decided to dig up my first post and show it to everyone. I'm not here to flaunt the fact that my truck is more expensive or more luxurious than anyone else's. And I personally plan on taking my H2 off-pavement every chance I get. But if some people want to just cruise in theirs, all the power to them. You drive a 4x2, so why do you have a problem with anyone else keeping a very capable off-road vehicle on the road? I actually applaud both the H2 and the Land/Range Rover for being versatile in that they can become beastly off-road vehicles, but they can also be built into blinged out showmobiles that look pretty damn good just cruising around town.

#40122 - 11/12/06 10:19 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

I rented a Land Rover Disco for a week. I am 5'10" and 145lbs. I felt cramped in it. Seat did not go back far enough, seat too close to door, dash and steering column too close to knees. I hope they fixed that with the LR3

I did like the way it drove even with the uncomfortable driving position.

#40123 - 11/12/06 10:45 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
You're missing my point. I'm up front about having a 4x2 and that I don't get off-road nearly as much as I'd like. But my X doesn't have a brushguard and taillight guards and a lift and big A/T's because I'm not pretending to be Mr. Offroad. If you're not either, great, but most people who drive a Hummer or Land Rover, around here at least, never even think of going off-road.

Good for you that you're a rich kid. I hope along with your nice things you get a good work ethic and an appreciation of how much more something means to someone who has to work for it.

#40124 - 11/12/06 10:48 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

#40125 - 11/12/06 11:04 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
For $70K it should come with a free coke-snorting hooker.

ETA: I actually like the color. Congrats!

#40126 - 11/12/06 11:20 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now for something completely different...
(soccer ball not included)

#40127 - 11/12/06 12:02 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats on your purchase, eh acquisition of an H2. I hear what you're saying Josh and although you haven't really come in here with the my dick is bigger than yours approach, you have to remember where you're posting. It's a X-Terra enthusiast site and the fact you lost one and replaced it with something else that isn't, probably won't sit well.
I use to own an MPV and posted on a MPV site. I traded it for my X and as much as I still like MPV's (as far as minivans go) I no longer post there and didn't post the fact I dumped it for an X. Honestly, don't take anything here to heart, you have a new vehicle that you're happy about, sweet, I hope you enjoy it. I'm glad my daughter is asking for a VW Jetta for her first car! laugh

#40128 - 11/12/06 12:03 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by VW X-Man:
I'm glad my daughter is asking for a VW Jetta for her first car! laugh
[Spit]

Good luck with that!

#40129 - 11/12/06 12:13 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Savage Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
the H2 in the movie Deja Vu gets nailed head on by a semi....and it doesn't even dent the front bumper...

laugh laugh laugh

#40130 - 11/12/06 01:49 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

BlueSky, unfortunately I know exactly what you mean. All the H2s and Land Rovers around here are chromed and blinged out, including chrome brushguards and taillight guards, and giant Nitto Mud Grapplers (Great tires, I'm considering getting them, but the ones on the trucks here are super polished and the most off-pavement use they'll ever see is driving through a muddy puddle around construction sites). For the record though, a good deal of the Xterras I see around here are 4x2s with brushguards and taillight guards, but then big shiny wheels and "station wagon tires". Funniest one was a first gen yellow 4x4 X, with those Wal-Mart spinner rims, and low-profile tires, but then the brushguard and taillight guards. Typical around here... And as far as work ethic, almost every gift I've ever recieved comes with certain conditions. For both the X and H2, I have to keep my 4.0, and stay on swimming, soccer, and water polo teams. I also have to get a job over summer, because a job right now would be kinda hard to juggle between junior year of highschool, at a boarding school, and soccer. And when I was born, I was born into a tiny 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house with my parents, my sister, and I. So I wasn't just born into wealth and handed things through my life, and neither were my parents, so they've taught me that if I want anything in life, I'm gonna have to work my ass off to get it.
PDXterra, I know it should come with the hooker, or actually I would prefer if they threw in a converted Toyota Prius that follows me around everywhere with a little hose to refuel me while on the move wink
VW X-Man, thank you. And as they say, hindsight is always 20/20, had I known this was going to be the general reaction, I would've just never posted on here again, I honestly thought maybe a few people would chime in and be like cool, and that would be it. But o well, guess it's a little too late now.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal