shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#404660 - 24/10/06 03:41 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Being graduated doesnt have anything to do with 'who's smarter'. The ability to interpret what you have learned and put those interpretations to work for yourself is what matters. I am not trying to sound better than anyone else, its just a vice of mine.

Otherwise, why dont you STFU unless you have something positive to contribute to the conversation instead of following the lead of your fellow wheelers trying to shut the conversation down or turn it into somesort of arguement.

Personally, i think a well sized and well engineered turbo system will do wonders for the Xterra, anyone thinking otherwise is either too proud to say the 3.3L could use some more help than a little 4psi supercharger gives or are too ignorant to realize what a turbocharger really has to offer other than lag.

Look around, the Xterra isnt quite the most powerful or most capable SUV on the market. While i personally agree that the X is one of the more capable SUV's it still has its strengths and weaknesses. One of the biggest weaknesses is 200fttq at the CRANK...which translates into maybe 180tq to the wheels...in a 3.3L V6 platform, thats nothing. With a turbo system there is the ability to fine tune your powercurve to allow for lots of torque very low in the RPM range...as low at 1,800RPM. It all depends on how you design the kit. A large turbo will do nearly nill to make power down low...yet a small one can make power down low where it is needed, and leave the truck at stock driveability. As someone else stated, "a small turbo that would not make lag would be too inefficient at higher rpm's." This is true to an extent, but how many of you spend your days driving around at redline outside the turbo's effiecient range? Probably none...hopefully.

Therefore, if you use a small turbo to make plenty of grunt down low you will be fine with driving around daily without much of a notice in change of driveability. The power will be made low, right off of idle. Most of you, if your like me, you shift around 3,500-3,750rpm...which is really all you need unless your gunning it all over the place...in which case, you shouldnt be driving an Xterra. So you have plenty of power where its needed.

I am beginning to wonder if anyone is actually reading this or are you just scanning through it and sticking with your own biased and uninformed opinion that turbo's are bad??

#404661 - 24/10/06 03:58 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Turbos are good, ok. [Freak]
Quote:
if you use a small turbo to make plenty of grunt down low you will be fine with driving around daily without much of a notice in change of driveability.
Have you seen these yet? T-CASE GEAR REDUCTION
Anyone wanting GRUNT will use these smile .. Oh, my bad. You don't have a transfer case..

#404662 - 24/10/06 04:16 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

T-case gears are good for crawling and low speed wheeling. NOT anything having to do with the desert or sand driving. Not to mention the risk of mechanical failure at highway speeds in 4wd.

#404663 - 24/10/06 04:27 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

if your gonna talk like you know so much, at least get the fucking specs right you ass clown

the X has 170 hp not 190 as you stated

#404664 - 24/10/06 05:10 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

whats a turbo??? [Finger]

Now that you guys are bitching over the internet with each other. Why don't you all just sit down get a chill pill and [Save the fine unicorns]

Have you realized that this bitching is useless yet? Your egos are fricken gynormous but your average penis size is about an inch and a half... time for a pml eh?
Your trucks are no better than anybody elses if someone wants a lift go for it! A turbo go for it! People will do whatever the fuck they want with their trucks

Unless you are someone who works with powerful cars on a daily basis being NA turbos or supercharged then you have no say

Fuckin clowns

#404665 - 24/10/06 05:16 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Huh?]
Quote:
Unless you are someone who works with powerful cars on a daily basis being NA turbos or supercharged then you have no say

Fuckin clowns
Mark, one needs only to review your recent posts and see what type of info you've gathered here to realize you don't know shit from shine-ola about your truck or most things in relation to it. Just take it easy tigerpants..

#404666 - 24/10/06 05:22 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know but i dont come in here ranting and raving about how a turbo would or wouldnt perform because im smart enough to realize I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANY OF IT

Unlike others in this board I don't try to think I know shit, thats why im trying to chill some of these fellow dumbasses out

Actually I do know shit from shine, I shine my boots all the time...

My previous car was a supercharged grand prix cam and all soo I do know a little wink

#404667 - 24/10/06 05:25 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually I do know shit from shine, I shine my boots all the time...
I thought you'd get a kick out of that wink

#404668 - 24/10/06 06:01 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Quad:
how many of you spend your days driving around at redline outside the turbo's effiecient range? Probably none...hopefully.

I gotta get to redline just to merge into highway traffic here in Chicago (33" tires), people here are nuts!
[LOL]

#404669 - 24/10/06 06:03 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Quad:
T-case gears are good for crawling and low speed wheeling. NOT anything having to do with the desert or sand driving. Not to mention the risk of mechanical failure at highway speeds in 4wd.
Highway spees in 4wd? Don't use 4wd then, and if you need to use the 4wd, then you shouldn't be going highway speeds to begin with!

It's funny pullin your leg, man. Don't take most of the folks seriously on here, that's just good ol' XOC.

#404670 - 24/10/06 10:54 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know, haha, i like the fact that most people dont know what they are talking about but still try to prove a point, it makes me feel good to know i am smarter than people twice my age. hahaha, i know im a pompus asshole, but hey that what XOC is full of right, so i fit right in.

Nah, im just kidding, its all in good fun. XOC is just like any other forum. the replies i like the most are the ones right after i make a technically challenging post, then they come back with some namecalling and a specific number i may have misplaced...they tend not to see the big picture. ;-)

#404671 - 25/10/06 09:37 AM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

i do see the big picture: those minute details that you fucked up are really important

ask the guys who built the mars lander

#404672 - 25/10/06 04:51 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Um, seeing that those were measurments dealing with something that was remote controlled from 50 million miles away...not the 20 hp difference that i stated which could be lost due to altitude or even tire size...it doesnt matter. You're an idiot, now stop talking.

#404673 - 25/10/06 06:05 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys should meet at the monkey bars tomorrow, 3:00. [Too much XOC]

#404674 - 25/10/06 07:48 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love it [LOL] you can always see who knows what by how many trucks they have...what I only have two uhhhh [Uh Oh !] .

#404675 - 15/11/06 09:38 AM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Staying on topic:

Turbo's are great if you want max performance for:

A. WOT
B. Street Use
C. MAX #'s

I believe that if there was any research that was worthy of investigating, it would be an efficient roots/screw charger that was intercooled. I could care less about peak #'s I want to see how the overall hp/tq band has improved.

You can't beat max boost at 2000rpm. I also know that trying to deal with lag and boost associated with a turbo while creaping over rocks is a real work out for both feet.

If someone wants to build a 2wd street racer X, then turbo the bish. Do it, show us, and make a sticky. If you want something to scoot without even 1 second of lag- go roots. I don't believe that anyone is going to develope a variable ratio turbo that the common-folk want to invest in.

Kenne Bell on top of the VQ40 would be a nice suppliment to the power it already makes.

I would rather build a sleeper VQ with a quiet blow off valve that will pull like a Caterpillar (sp corrected )from the hole than have a whistling dixie machine and 2fast2furious blow off noises.

#404676 - 15/11/06 11:50 AM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I would rather build a sleeper VQ with a quiet blow off valve that will pull like a Catapillar from the hole than have a whistling dixie machine and 2fast2furious blow off noises.
Well said [ThumbsUp]

#404677 - 15/11/06 01:09 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:
I would rather build a sleeper VQ with a quiet blow off valve that will pull like a Catapillar from the hole than have a whistling dixie machine and 2fast2furious blow off noises.
[LOL] [LOL] Some truckys for that one..

#404678 - 22/11/06 07:11 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just read this whole post. The jeep forum almost had the same thing, verbatim.

It is sad when you get a good bunch of people with a common interest together and it turns out to be a testosterone filled cyber-brain-wrestle.

1. There was alot of incorrect, misleading information stated in this post.
2. Accept the fact that most off-road enthusiasts don't make forced induction, compression ratios, and anti-lag solutions a big part of their 4xEducation.
3. More people need to read and be humble. A closed mouth gathers no foot. If you are not a subject matter expert, just wait for someone that is. Don't just post forum clogging guesses because you drove a turbo car before.

[Too much XOC]

#404679 - 22/11/06 07:44 PM Re: Check this out...
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by MountainGarage:
I just read this whole post. The jeep forum almost had the same thing, verbatim.

It is sad when you get a good bunch of people with a common interest together and it turns out to be a testosterone filled cyber-brain-wrestle.

1. There was alot of incorrect, misleading information stated in this post.
2. Accept the fact that most off-road enthusiasts don't make forced induction, compression ratios, and anti-lag solutions a big part of their 4xEducation.
3. More people need to read and be humble. A closed mouth gathers no foot. If you are not a subject matter expert, just wait for someone that is. Don't just post forum clogging guesses because you drove a turbo car before.

[Too much XOC]
.... and you're going to correct the misunderstandings, right... or are you just going to leave it with your smug "you don't know the history of psychology - I do" statement Mr. Cruise?

#404680 - 22/11/06 08:49 PM Re: Check this out...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
.... and you're going to correct the misunderstandings, right... or are you just going to leave it with your smug "you don't know the history of psychology - I do" statement Mr. Cruise?[/QUOTE]

I'll just leave it. It's not worth my time to try to explain to the mechanical genius lurking within every thread clutterer on here. I will be the better man and stfu.
:smoking:psy-shmy [Huh?]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal