2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#405309 - 02/08/03 07:14 AM Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
Skifreak Offline

Loc: Valdez, AK
Before any one says anything out searching. I ALREADY did, but I cant find anything on the difference between the FIPK and Aircharger from K&N. Has anyone had both or have a opinion on which would be better for a 02 s/c se 4x2. Im not out off roading, just want some extra hp.

#405310 - 02/08/03 07:46 AM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
THere is no difference except that the FIPK carries a CARB certification sticker. K&N changed the name upon receiving this cert.

#405311 - 06/08/03 09:16 AM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
Actually there is difference between first and second generation.

First generation was regular cone with circle as base (from what i can see) while second is oval. Thus - bigger intake area, so its rated with twice of gain parameters from first generation.

#405312 - 06/08/03 01:32 PM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uzbad:
Actually there is difference between first and second generation.

First generation was regular cone with circle as base (from what i can see) while second is oval. Thus - bigger intake area, so its rated with twice of gain parameters from first generation.
First one was oval too...I have two filters to prove it. wink The only difference is that the FIPK comes with the smog certification label.

#405313 - 06/08/03 02:02 PM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
Uzbad Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
Quote:
Originally posted by Uzbad:
[b]Actually there is difference between first and second generation.

First one was oval too...I have two filters to prove it. wink The only difference is that the FIPK comes with the smog certification label.[/b]
My bad cool i havent seen first generation FIPK in person.
Beats me then how come they claimed doubling of output. I doubt they changed filter material technology much.

#405314 - 06/08/03 04:40 PM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
ChuckH Offline

I didn't realize they changed the numbers on it, but I can tell you that my aircharger added a substantial amount of power and possibly more than what K&N stated...especially in the mid RPM range. The numbers will vary by truck too and what mods have been done. K&N only has one filter material that I know of so I'm guessing the new numbers are either generic or soemthing they produced after more testing. What were the numbers anyway? smile I'll go look at the K&N site too.

BTW, I'm at work right now without the box, but I believe the filter element number for my aircharger was RX-4750...if you still have the box yours came in you can check the part number for the filter element and see if it's different, but earlier conversations from folks who had seen both kits said they were identical.

#405315 - 06/08/03 06:54 PM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
Uzbad Offline

Humh... same number. Go figure. Here are numbers from truckperfomance.com:

Airaid: 5-6 HP/14 ft lbs Torque
K&N Aircharger:8-10 HP/10 ft lbs Torque
K&N FIPK2:16 HP/20 lb ft Torque

So beats me what they changed (nothing i can think of) but numbers are doubled.

#405316 - 06/08/03 08:07 PM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
Skifreak Offline

Loc: Valdez, AK
SO does anyone know where I can find the best price for either K&N intakes?

#405317 - 06/08/03 08:40 PM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Skifreak:
SO does anyone know where I can find the best price for either K&N intakes?
4filters.com is the best place to get it IMO. I've ordered twice from them and always get a great price and super fast and cheap shipping. THe AirCharger is no longer available since it has now been renamed the FIPK so you don't have a choice of "either K&N."

#405318 - 07/08/03 04:26 AM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
ChrisNYC Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, New Yawk
When I was comparing prices for the FIPK, i found that they were all within a couple of dollars of eachother and most had free shipping. (I think that K&N drop ships from the factory). I ended up buying from Performance Products and have been waiting since June due to backorder. Others have ordered from other vendors since then and have received their kits. Go figure.

#405319 - 07/08/03 07:01 AM Re: Generation II FIPK or AirCharger
Uzbad Offline

Got mine from truckperformance.com for 225$ with free 2 day shipping. Of course it took K&N about 2 weeks to actually ship it from factory, but i got it. Funny bit is - they still selling Aircharger, but it cost exactly same. And they got Airaid for like 170$, btw.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal