2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#408310 - 24/06/03 03:15 PM Options, options, options....
Anonymous
Unregistered

OOOOK, so I'm looking at an X, but I'm still not clear what options are not available if not pre-installed on the ride upon purchase... Anyone have a list of common options that I should look for?

Thanks! [Smoking]

#408311 - 24/06/03 05:47 PM Re: Options, options, options....
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
go to your nearest Nissan Dealer and get yourself some booklets on the Xterra or go to nissandriven.com....

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#408312 - 24/06/03 09:45 PM Re: Options, options, options....
Anonymous
Unregistered

you're really helpful aren't ya? [Save the fine unicorns] [Wave]

Anyone else care to contribute? Anything you wish you would've chosen as options, that you now see as useful?

#408313 - 24/06/03 09:53 PM Re: Options, options, options....
smudog Offline

Loc: Lakewood, Colorado
I for one would have gotten cruise control, but I couldn't get it without the power package. Maybe you'll have better luck with that. I'm just going to add it myself, though. Hopefully in the next couple of months.

Mike

#408314 - 24/06/03 11:02 PM Re: Options, options, options....
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
i don't know about other people, but when i was shopping for my xterra i spent lots of time searching the internet (and of course the nissan site) and looked at every detail myself. the searching and reading itself was interesting to me, because it was my future ride. but i guess that's just me.
to answer your question, a v6 is a definite. i can't imagine the xterra in a 4 cylinder. then after that is 4wd (which is only available with the v6). typically xterras you see on the lot will have the floor mats, onboard airfilter, body moldings and the tow hitch (all of which you get charged extra for).
the power package is another convenient one, since the xterra is a 4 door and allows you to control everything from the driver's seat.
simply put, get the v6 and 4x4. then the power package if you're lazy (like me).

#408315 - 25/06/03 05:29 AM Re: Options, options, options....
KOZ Offline

There's only one way to go.....get EVERYTHING! We got a '03 with the works;

-supercharged v6
-4x4
-power everything
-leather
-air
-sun roof

It's a great vehicle, nothing like having the best!

#408316 - 25/06/03 08:01 AM Re: Options, options, options....
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Options: items that are pre-installed at build time. Other than fundamental driveline and trim level differences, Nissan doesn't really offer these a-la-carte, they are bundled in "packages." Your options are very clearly laid out in the vehicle brochure and Nissan's website.

Accessories: items that are purchased and/or installed after the vehicle arrives at the dealer. Sometimes dealers pre-install accessories and add them to the vehicle price. Your dealer should have an accessories brochure, or view them here . Some items that are standard on the SE model are available as accessories on the XE.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#408317 - 25/06/03 09:49 AM Re: Options, options, options....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys... I'm coming from a car w/no power windows, etc., so I think the power package is a must have. The V6 seems like a good thing to have - need more power smile

Thanks guys - any other things (tow package?) that are a "would've gotten it, if i'd only known" kinda thing?

#408318 - 25/06/03 10:54 AM Re: Options, options, options....
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
do you tow? if yes then get the tow package. if no, then it'll make a good dent resistor for those close-call parallel parks.
if you add on EVERYTHING like mentioned above, your xterra will be pretty expensive. i don't know about everyone else but i've seen xterras sticker at 29,000-30,000. sorry but if we're going to suggest that kind of price we could also start suggesting some other trucks/suvs in that price range.
what i've always loved about the xterra is that it's stickered at a practical price but you get a real 4x4.

#408319 - 25/06/03 11:18 AM Re: Options, options, options....
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
do you tow? if yes then get the tow package. if no, then it'll make a good dent resistor for those close-call parallel parks.
I wish I'd gotten the tow option when I bought my SE... I figured, "I wouldn't need to tow anything..." But then realized later that there's more use for the tow like using it as a step platform to get things up on the roof rack or get one of those 'table' platforms you can hook on to it so you can use it like a 'table'... But lastly I like the 'good dent resistor' feature as described by ClaptoVaughn... I've read several instances where the tow help the X on rear-end collisions... More damage to them than your X... Just my .02 cents...

- Air B

#408320 - 26/06/03 06:59 PM Re: Options, options, options....
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
get what you need. do you need a sunroof? just something that will leak down the road. do you need the rearview mirror with the special funcions? uh i don't know about you but i can flip the tint switch myself and a $10 radio shack indoor/outdoor temp works for me. all i'm saying is Nissan will try to sell you everything they can they are a business trying to make $$$$
i stayed away from the SE on purpose and went to the XE with all three pkgs (power, sport?, utility) 4x4, v6, saved about 2500 bucks and drove off the lot at 22k.
you have plenty of aftermarket items available from Nissan or otherwise. someone here said it before and I wish I could remember who said it but it is perfect for the situation that follows after buying an Xterra. EWS (empty wallet syndrome) i swear you will want to buy every toy you see for this truck so have fun and buy what you need and will use.
ken

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal