2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#408988 - 17/12/06 04:31 PM SLR headers the good and the bad
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd like to start off by saying I own a 2000 nissan frontier xeV6 crewcab. OK I ordered a set of slr's headers and they came in the mail last thursday. The good :They appear to be excellent quality. You can almost play them like a musical instrument. the bad: the installation is rather challenging. The bolts on the manifold are siezed. I tried in vain to get them off before i broke one of the bolts. It appears the only way to get the existing manifold off is to heat up the bolts and pop them off. Which will be a challenge considering the small area you have to work with and the possible fire danger. Bottom line. Slr took some time in thier design and manufacturing of thier headers. They appear to be excellent quality but im still struggling to get them on!!!

#408989 - 03/01/07 12:44 PM Re: SLR headers the good and the bad
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is normal, I replaced manifolds and that is all I was dealing with. It was difficult, you will have to do some work to get them on, and you will have to make some trips to nissan to get replacements. Just take your time.

#408990 - 03/01/07 12:45 PM Re: SLR headers the good and the bad
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is normal, I replaced manifolds and that is all I was dealing with. It was difficult, you will have to do some work to get them on, and you will have to make some trips to nissan to get replacements. Just take your time.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal