2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#409715 - 31/12/06 05:35 AM Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Xterradon Offline

Loc: Franklin Park, NJ
I've searched and searched. What the heck ever happened to the cat back exhaust that actually bolts up to the cats? What is this crap with the before and after muffler exhaust? My intermediate pipe, if that's what it's called (as well as everthing back) is beginning to fall apart especially at the flex section, and there doesn't seem to be any aftermarket choices. Does anyone have a Nissan part number for the two pieces after the actual cats, but before the muffler pipes? Or maybe a contact in NJ that will build a custom exhaust?

#409716 - 31/12/06 05:42 AM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a Borla CatBack system in my truck. I had it installed at 700 miles (35k on the odo now) The shop had to makeup a 8" piece of pipe with a flange and slip coupling that installs between the borla flange and the end of the cat. On earlier model X's there was a flange at the end of the Cats. On the 04 its just a slip coupling. No problems with the system so far but im sure that the 8" piece that was made up will fail in the future, (its galvinized)The Borla system is stainless.

#409717 - 31/12/06 07:18 AM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Xterradon Offline

Where did you get the borla? They don't have a part listed on their website for the X.

Looking at the xterraparts beta parts site, it seems there aren't any part differences between the exhaust systems for the super and n/a engines. So whatever fits one engine, will fit them both, correct?

#409718 - 31/12/06 07:39 AM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

where are you searching...if you're searching at all...There are plenty of catback exhaust systems for your x. Borla, Gibson, Magnaflow, Nismo to name a a few...search again.

#409719 - 31/12/06 01:45 PM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave D:
I have a Borla CatBack system in my truck. I had it installed at 700 miles (35k on the odo now) The shop had to makeup a 8" piece of pipe with a flange and slip coupling that installs between the borla flange and the end of the cat. On earlier model X's there was a flange at the end of the Cats. On the 04 its just a slip coupling. No problems with the system so far but im sure that the 8" piece that was made up will fail in the future, (its galvinized)The Borla system is stainless.
Do you have a sound clip or video? My next mod is the exhaust system but before I do I would like to have an idea of what each different system will sound like. Thanks

#409720 - 31/12/06 03:03 PM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Xterradon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Arterra:
where are you searching...if you're searching at all...There are plenty of catback exhaust systems for your x. Borla, Gibson, Magnaflow, Nismo to name a a few...search again.
Don't tell me to search again if you don't know what you are talking about. I said there are no aftermarket choices. Nismo is still Nissan. That is a full exhaust and is supposedly not available for the S/C. I assume you do not know the definition of "catback." I'm looking for an exhaust system that bolts up to the cats. Not to the Y pipe like the Calmini, Gibson, Magnaflow, etc. I need everything after the cats. Thank you.

#409721 - 31/12/06 03:55 PM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Find a muffler shop near you. They will make up anything you ask for. All it takes is $$$.

[Wave]

#409722 - 31/12/06 07:25 PM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, We installed ours on 02 Xterra. Cat back exhaust order from CALMINI.

Bolts right up,less than an hour,NO need to get truck off the ground. Only thing had to drop the spare to side the old exhaust out.

Calmini's exhuast is NOT that loud. (wife's car). It was perfect.

If you want the SOUNDS? ...Take a look at the Flow master 40 or 50 models(mufflers). Just my thoughts here! .......Aloha

#409723 - 01/01/07 01:41 PM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Here's a couple of vids from my truck..I replaced the cat-back with a Flowmaster 50 series single dual out and ran the pipes to the rear.

The first one is a take off vid.

http://media.putfile.com/MVI-3090

And the second one is a revving.
'
http://media.putfile.com/revving-53

#409724 - 01/01/07 01:59 PM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RI Xterra:
Here's a couple of vids from my truck..I replaced the cat-back with a Flowmaster 50 series single dual out and ran the pipes to the rear.

The first one is a take off vid.

http://media.putfile.com/MVI-3090

And the second one is a revving.
'
http://media.putfile.com/revving-53
The 50 series, is it the 3-chamber or the SUV muffler? Also, do you get any droning at any specific RPM?

#409725 - 01/01/07 07:41 PM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow it is weird to see your truck with such little tires on it. wink

#409726 - 02/01/07 01:57 AM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradon:
Quote:
Originally posted by Arterra:
[b]where are you searching...if you're searching at all...There are plenty of catback exhaust systems for your x. Borla, Gibson, Magnaflow, Nismo to name a a few...search again.
Don't tell me to search again if you don't know what you are talking about. I said there are no aftermarket choices. Nismo is still Nissan. That is a full exhaust and is supposedly not available for the S/C. I assume you do not know the definition of "catback." I'm looking for an exhaust system that bolts up to the cats. Not to the Y pipe like the Calmini, Gibson, Magnaflow, etc. I need everything after the cats. Thank you.[/b]
correction...Nismo is not OEM, nismo makes aftermarket parts specifically for nissans...Thank you...

#409727 - 02/01/07 05:58 AM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
HKS makes a true Cat Back exhuast for the 1st gen x's. I had one and Carlton had one. Nice thing about it is its quiet and it has a really stout tip on it.

#409728 - 03/01/07 09:40 AM Re: Does anyone actually have a "Catback exhaust?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Borla discontinued the Xterra cat back system over a year ago. They had 3 in stock back then and were selling them at a deep discount.
A local shop should be able to make a system for less than any of the cat back systems. The diference is it won't likely be mandrel bent tube and won't have any dyno time in r&d.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal