2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#410588 - 18/12/04 10:21 PM True Benz exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you guys ever heard of this exhaust system befor? My friend has it on the Mercury Cougar and it sounds awsome. Im just wondering if this can be put on a xterra.

#410589 - 20/12/04 03:56 PM Re: True Benz exhaust
JSRAIDER Offline

Loc: Southern California
Perhaps you mean "True Bend" exhaust?

Usually stock exhaust systems have poorly bent pipe, they have all kinds of kinks and areas where the pipe diameter is reduced to accomodate production time and costs. Elimnate the bends and kinks in most stock systems and your vehicle will have less back pressure working on the engine and should perform better.

When most shops bend pipe they have to bend it around a roller which causes pipe to pinch in a little at that bend reducing the diameter of the pipe which will effect performance.

That's why there are so many aftermarket exhaust manufacturers, that offer "true bend" exhaust systems. True Bend pipe will have no pinch points in the exhaust system, "the diameter of the pipe will be the same all the way through the bend."

This is the preferred way to bend pipe so there are no kinks or reduction in pipe diameter at a bend in the exhaust pipe. You will also here the term "mandrel bent pipe" for exhaust systems.

With a true mandrel bent exhaust system it's not unheard of to hear a increase of 15-20 hp.

#410590 - 20/12/04 04:22 PM Re: True Benz exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im sure you theory is correct but i know the name is benz not bends. I asked the kid several times about the name.

#410591 - 29/12/04 02:14 PM Re: True Benz exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by geo:
Have you guys ever heard of this exhaust system befor? My friend has it on the Mercury Cougar and it sounds awsome. Im just wondering if this can be put on a xterra.
What makes you think it will make your X sound good? You are talking about 2 different engines.

My old GTI VR6 sounded awesome with the exhaust I had on it, but the same one on my X would kill all the power and I don't think it would sound that great.

Find a good exhaust shop and have them build a custom exhaust for you. I've been quoted around $200-$300 for everything.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal