Searched around for a bit for something relating to this, but found nothing. I guess what I'm trawling for is another owner of a 2006 offroad (I suppose that currently means 2005 or later) with the gibson cat-back installed.

Just bought a new X, and when inspected, the shop found leaking rear diff seals, caused by a malfunctioning diff breather. The breather on the offroad model is on the passenger side, opposite that of the other models. The vehicle had a gibson cat-back, but the tailpipe after the muffler interferes with the breather.

To my eye, it looks like the kit was designed without the breather in mind, as the breather was damaged from impact with the tailpipe. The tailpipe was marred from the impacts over time. I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this, and if there is any fix for it, other than trying a different exhaust or getting a custom pipe bent that gets higher up above the axle.

It also turns out the tailpipe has a hole in it (unrelated) so I might be looking at a new exhaust anyways...

If nothing else, perhaps this post can just serve as a warning to all those offroad owners out there.