shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#412799 - 27/07/03 08:33 AM NOLOGY Hotwires-Performance
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone tried the NOLOGY Hotwires? http://www.nology.com/hot.html
I just found out about them last week from a guy I met that owns a 4X4 MOD shop. He has them on his 8 CYL Jeep Grand Cherokee along with a K&N FIPK. Said they increased his horsepower and gas mileage considerably. (not sure how much he just installed them) For the X they run $249.95. Before I spend the money I am curious how much difference it will make on my 3.3L. Is a new product? I don't beleive it has been covered on any forums yet? (not that search showed)
Their link makes them sound like they are worth the money, and is full of great techincal data to support how great they are(of course). laugh I would rather just hear it from an Xterra owner.

#412800 - 27/07/03 01:52 PM Re: NOLOGY Hotwires-Performance
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I think you should try them and let everyone else know how they are! laugh AFAIK, those are the only upgrade wires available for the Xterra and I haven't been willing to take the plunge.

I did find some NGK branded wires that are likely identical to what we have except blue in color for $55. I figure I'm about due for new ones so I'll probably just get the NGK's.

N GK Wires

#412801 - 27/07/03 02:21 PM Re: NOLOGY Hotwires-Performance
Anonymous
Unregistered

I cut and pasted this from the Nology web site. I guess there is more to it than just spark plug wires. I think Ill give them a try and post the results.

Nology HotWires are the most technologically advanced ignition wires available. HotWires create the most powerful spark possible. HotWires are engineered with a special built in capacitor , exclusive only to HotWires. This revolutionary design allows energy from the ignition coil to accumulate in the capacitor until the voltage at the spark plug electrodes reaches the ionization point. At that split second point the entire power of the stored spark is discharged at once, creating a spark 300 times more powerful. The result is faster, more complete combustion, and most importantly,
MORE HORSEPOWER that's 100%. Smog Legal.

http://www.nology.com/hot.html

#412802 - 27/07/03 02:27 PM Re: NOLOGY Hotwires-Performance
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I actually had some Nology Hotwires on my 240SX. I was happy with them, but didn't think that they had good bang for the buck value. If you are hell bent on upgrading your wires though, these are the ones to go with. They are very high quality, and even have a grounding strap for low interference. I think if they were grouped with a intake upgrade, ECU upgrade, and exhaust upgrade that they might be worth it.

#412803 - 28/07/03 04:40 PM Re: NOLOGY Hotwires-Performance
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
$250 for a set of wires [Freak]

The NGK wires are better than stock but for ~ $20 more I would go with the 8.5mm Aurora Spark plug wires PN# 95606B (Black) or 95606R (Red) that have the lifetime warranty and a better overall design IMO. I know a couple of people who have upgraded to these and been really happy with the increase in performance & mileage
http://www.auroraignitionwires.com/index.html

#412804 - 28/07/03 05:16 PM Re: NOLOGY Hotwires-Performance
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
$250 for a set of wires [Freak]

The NGK wires are better than stock but for ~ $20 more I would go with the 8.5mm Aurora Spark plug wires PN# 95606B (Black) or 95606R (Red) that have the lifetime warranty and a better overall design IMO. I know a couple of people who have upgraded to these and been really happy with the increase in performance & mileage
http://www.auroraignitionwires.com/index.html
You would post this AFTER I ordered the NGK wires! :rolleyes:

Oh well, $55 and free shipping was OK...I can always upgrade again later!

#412805 - 28/07/03 07:17 PM Re: NOLOGY Hotwires-Performance
ElectroKen Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT
Quote:
Originally posted by caseman68:
HotWires are engineered with a special built in capacitor , exclusive only to HotWires. This revolutionary design allows energy from the ignition coil to accumulate in the capacitor until the voltage at the spark plug electrodes reaches the ionization point. At that split second point the entire power of the stored spark is discharged at once, creating a spark 300 times more powerful.
Built-in capacitor?

300 times more powerful?

Must be a flux capacitor. [Freak]

Rule #1: If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal