shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41532 - 17/05/07 08:54 AM Intake and MPG
Anonymous
Unregistered

AS i searched through hunderds of different posts all have a piece of what myself and i bet many others would like given current gas prices. I would like to start this post for people to enter MPG before and after adding an intake or exhaust and after. Brands would also be nice. With gas as high as it is getting i am looking at saving a couple of bucks if possible, nothing like a mod that would pay for itself.

Ie. if 1 gallon is 3 bucks and i can save one or more during each fill up then an intake would save me money in the long run.
Thanks
Jay

#41533 - 17/05/07 07:34 PM Re: Intake and MPG
Anonymous
Unregistered

Haha 1 gallon at 3 bcuks your kidding right?

#41534 - 17/05/07 07:56 PM Re: Intake and MPG
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by strikedistance:
Haha 1 gallon at 3 bcuks your kidding right?
Time to move to the other coast, we're still paying under 3 in Maine. $2.93 yesterday.

#41535 - 17/05/07 08:06 PM Re: Intake and MPG
Anonymous
Unregistered

# bucks is 3 bucks if i can spend it in mods and not fill exxons pockets that all the better. BUt im not looking to start a gas or mpg debate just looking to get the stats off of the guys who did mods and improved there numbers.
THanks
Jay

#41536 - 17/05/07 09:04 PM Re: Intake and MPG
Anonymous
Unregistered

we haven't seen anything under 3 since last November

#41537 - 17/05/07 09:05 PM Re: Intake and MPG
Anonymous
Unregistered

before: 15

+Volant

after:17

I would give you the decimal places but eh.

#41538 - 18/05/07 05:57 AM Re: Intake and MPG
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MistahX:
Time to move to the other coast, we're still paying under 3 in Maine. $2.93 yesterday.
Been there many times. The west is far superior.

Now, that said, I've had an intake (FIPK) and exhaust (Gibson) on my '01 for a couple of years. Better throttle response, far better sound, and a slight power gain, but no real difference in mileage. It mayu theoretically be slightly better, but a far bigger factor is my speed and how much I put my foot into it. I've also got a lift and 32s, and could be sucking away some of the efficiency as well.

Still worthwhile upgrades, imo.

#41539 - 18/05/07 09:42 AM Re: Intake and MPG
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Same here. K&N and a flowmaster 40 with 32's and not really that much of a differance....probably less since I like the way it sounds and have to remind myself of the gas prices before I get too much right foot in there!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#41540 - 20/05/07 01:37 PM Re: Intake and MPG
Anonymous
Unregistered

So it looks like about 1-2 mpg is the avg. Now to keep the drop in or go fipk? Found it for 212 w/free shipping. If i go fipk i will have a used drop in fs.
Jay

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal