shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418376 - 09/05/06 03:13 AM researching a lift kit..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im looking at getting a lift for my X sometime this summer and I am stuck between the Calmini and the SLR.. I already have the Calmini Shackles and I would like to keep cost down but I am willing to pay for quality because I offroad quite a bit and want something that isn't going to break on me.. What are some of the strenghts and weak spots of each lift kit?? And if I go with the SLR will I need to get rid of my shackles??

#418377 - 09/05/06 04:36 AM Re: researching a lift kit..
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The shackles should be interchangeable, as the OEM leaves are all that interact with them...and the lengths are the same, etc.

My rear suspension is a Calmini lift, and its been fine (Bils for shocks though)...my front end is SLR, because I liked the extra down travel I couldn't get from the Calmini's.

I did do the SLR diff drop kit to correct the CV angles from the extra droop, and its been great, no problems....and the skids still fit, etc.

Another kit that seems to be working well for people is the AC Articulator kit...for the same price range....its got more rear travel than the Calmini OR the SLR kits....and comparable front travel to the Calmini...I don't have numbers yet for the front down travel on the AC kit though to know if it has as much as the SLR or not...but so far, its as least as much as the Calmini.

laugh

If you get the AC kit, you WOULD lose the shackles, as you get spiffy new REVOLVER shackles, which add MUCHO rear travel, and are a bg improvement over std lift shackles.

The lift itself is cheaper though, so the $50 wasted for the shackle is not a big deal...and someone doing a PML would be more than happy to defray your costs for it.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal