2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418425 - 05/08/06 02:49 PM UCA bushing & LCA bolt or bracket tweaked
Anonymous
Unregistered

Photo A

Two months ago I purchased a set of new UCA bushings for my SLR UCAs because three of the four were damaged or blown out. This may or may not have been caused by my not greasing them for about a year.

Over the course of the last two months one of the four sets of bushings wore out again. I've not been wheel'n. Only freeways and city roads. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Photo B

Ok, second problem may be related to the first problem...
History, when wheel'n at Razor Road in CA desert. Bottomed out the front suspension very hard when while trying to charge to a large dune. This knocked out the alignment of the tires. I started to hear a clunck when the driver's side front tire would droop to the bump stops. Near the rear bolt on part of the LCA the the torsion bar bracket mounts to the LCA is touching a bracket that's welded to the frame (Photos C & D). On the passenger side of the vehicle there's a 1/4" gap in the same location (Photos E & F).

I would really appreciate any suggestions you've got on how to fix this? and what did I bend?
Photo C

Photo D

Photo E

Photo F

#418426 - 06/08/06 08:47 AM Re: UCA bushing & LCA bolt or bracket tweaked
Anonymous
Unregistered

For the first problem I think you may have overtorqued the bolts squeezing in the mounts. This could cause to much pressure on the lip of the bushing against the UCA causing it to sheer off.

#418427 - 06/08/06 04:28 PM Re: UCA bushing & LCA bolt or bracket tweaked
Saline Offline

Loc: Fruita , CO
I had the same problem when the alignment shop overtightened my UCA's. It blew out one of the bushings within a few days. As for the LCA, looks like something is definately awry.

#418428 - 06/08/06 04:46 PM Re: UCA bushing & LCA bolt or bracket tweaked
Anonymous
Unregistered

those mounts cannot be straigtened....your only option is to cut em off and SAS it all they way!

#418429 - 10/08/06 09:14 AM Re: UCA bushing & LCA bolt or bracket tweaked
Anonymous
Unregistered

While SASing it sounds like the best suggestions, living as a college student working and paying my way though school kinda puts a damper on spending. I'll keep it in mind.

Well, I couldn't find out what got bent or tweaked, so I dremil and cut off a small part of the tab to allow clearance. Issue now seems to be pretty well resolved.

Ordering new bushings from SLR and going to keep this set a little looser than the last.

Thank you for the advice.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal