shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418738 - 18/11/06 12:15 PM Calmini vs. AC shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Research returned very old threads so I thought I would post.

On another board I saw where Calmini shackles had broken on a few different X's and there was some complaining of their product. Was wondering if anyone knows of this problem and if it has been corrected? Being cheap I would like to save the $15 over the AC shackles but if I can get some responses on which company is a better product that would be helpful.

How about as a company, does Calmini put out solid products?

#418739 - 18/11/06 03:29 PM Re: Calmini vs. AC shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've had my Calmini shackles on for almost two years and no problems except the powdercoat that flaked off completely - which doesn't bother me all that much.

#418740 - 18/11/06 03:37 PM Re: Calmini vs. AC shackles
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
I've had the AC shackles for almost 2 years without issue.

#418741 - 18/11/06 05:35 PM Re: Calmini vs. AC shackles
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
I have had mine for over 4 years without any problems. This includes banging the crap out of them in Moab. You should get them. Keep in mind, those very few (one or two) folks that broke a bolt, not the unit itself. Calmini has sold hundreds of them without any issues.

-Doug

#418742 - 18/11/06 06:19 PM Re: Calmini vs. AC shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shackles are shackles. You can make them out of 1/4" steel plate. You can make them out of a piece of 2x4 box steel tubing. It honestly doesn't matter.

NOBODY'S shackels are any better or worse than anybody else's.

#418743 - 18/11/06 06:48 PM Re: Calmini vs. AC shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fair enough, thank you guys for your insight. I'll be ordering them on Monday.

#418744 - 18/11/06 08:08 PM Re: Calmini vs. AC shackles
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Shackles are shackles. You can make them out of 1/4" steel plate. You can make them out of a piece of 2x4 box steel tubing. It honestly doesn't matter.

NOBODY'S shackels are any better or worse than anybody else's.
Yeah - it doesn't get much simpler than a shackle... they're hard to mess up.

Calmini's are just fine. I've beaten the crap out of mine (I keep dragging them over rocks) and they've held up pretty well.

#418745 - 22/11/06 01:40 PM Re: Calmini vs. AC shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just puting my 2 cents in for the A/C shackles. They've been fine as well. The main reason I ordered them was simply due to the powdercoat issue with Calmini.

Barry [Wave]

#418746 - 22/11/06 02:37 PM Re: Calmini vs. AC shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by coltm4a1:
Just puting my 2 cents in for the A/C shackles. They've been fine as well. The main reason I ordered them was simply due to the powdercoat issue with Calmini.

Barry [Wave]
I just couldnt put something so BLUE under my truck. So I had a friend powder coat mine black...wrinkle black...
But there was one little problem...he went to bake this new powder on and the old blue powder started to peel...so he had to sandblast the old shit off and re-powder and bake.
He came to the conclusion that the blue was good quality powder, but it was not baked on long enough.

#418747 - 22/11/06 04:57 PM Re: Calmini vs. AC shackles
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Interesting, I thought it was a potential prep issue that lead to the delamination.

if all they need to do is bake it longer, damn...all these years pulling them too early....what a waste.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal