shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418920 - 25/01/05 07:07 AM add-a-leafe and shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

last year i bought the back half of the calmini 3" suspension lift off of ebay thinking i was going to buy the front end parts off ebay as well or at worst try to order them from calmini. I have not been able to find the front end on ebay or even get in touch with Calmini for whatever reason, so now i have these rear end suspension parts sitting in my garage. Question: if I install the parts I have now (Calmini shocks, shackles and add-a-leaf) will my truck have its ass end up in the air or will it look normal? currently I am working on installing a 3" body lift form 4x4parts.com and picking up my 33x10.5x15 BFG M/Ts this week if that makes a difference. Any input would be appreciated.

#418921 - 25/01/05 07:29 AM Re: add-a-leafe and shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless you raise the TBARS then yes you will look super high in the rear compared to the front. You might consider doing a slight TBAR crank and just installing on of the two rear end parts till you can get the UCA's from Calmini. The rake would look pretty drastic IMO. Have you tried to email Calmini? They seem to have been pretty quick to respond every time I have emailed.

#418922 - 25/01/05 07:48 AM Re: add-a-leafe and shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes i ahve tried to e-mail calmini...several times...i have never gotten a response from them and i never get though on the phone either...it is very annoying...but you are saying that i could get away with just installing the shackles and not have to worry about anything else?

#418923 - 25/01/05 07:59 AM Re: add-a-leafe and shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, many people here have just the shackles and a TBAR crank or just an AAL and TBAR crank, with the tbar crank you can raise the front 1--1.5 inches and with the shackles or aal you get a solid 1.5 inches in the rear. This would give you a little height till you get you new UCA's (then you can add the other part then, either the AAL or shackle whichever you didn't install yet). Also Calmini owns this messageboard and checks it often hopefully they will see you posting about this and maybe try to help you out more. Although I had a friend last night call and speak directly to them without a problem so in your case I am confused confused . When I have spoken to them directly it was about 3pm Arizona time and was able to get through each time.

#418924 - 25/01/05 08:24 AM Re: add-a-leafe and shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have never had a problem getting through... keep in mund there is a 3 hour time zone difference.. Call them after you leave work, or at lunch. They may not be open yet when you go to lunch tho..

#418925 - 25/01/05 10:09 AM Re: add-a-leafe and shackles
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Think of it this way...

You are thinking of installing a 3" SL in the rear of the truck...so it will be about 3" higher than it is now...if you think that will raise the ass up, by about 3", you'd be right.

laugh

If you raise the front 3", you'd need new UCA, which you can't seem to find...

Plan B is to crank the T-Bars 1.5", and do the shackles, or the AAL, in the back, but not both...as each of them gives you 1.5", same as the front.

Once more or less level, and lifted 1.5", you could wait a while longer for the UCA's to materialize.

With the 3" BL and the 1.5" SL...the 33's would fit, and you could coast until the UCA's can go on.

I'd do 33x12.5 instead of 10.5's...but that's me.

laugh

Enjoy!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#418926 - 25/01/05 12:08 PM Re: add-a-leafe and shackles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just get em at xterraparts.com
They have all the Calmini stuff you need. And have awsome customer service. [ThumbsUp]

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal