2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#419024 - 02/06/05 01:37 PM Suspension question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

aight my dad want let me lift my car cause he so called bad stuff about Lifting Xterras and heard that it will mess up the car cause it can't handel the lift. anyways does anybody know where i can buy like stronger control arms, torsion bars, Leafs, and all that for stock height Xterras? :rolleyes:

#419025 - 02/06/05 01:41 PM Re: Suspension question?
ripcurl2151 Offline

Loc: NJ
check out calmini's website...they have a lot of good stuff

calmini

#419026 - 02/06/05 03:10 PM Re: Suspension question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's not the strength of the new components that messes anything up, it's what the new components alter that is the problem. The rear can be lifted no problem. The front however is where you run into issues. The stock steering system can't handle the change of angles nor the larger tires very well. Over time they will wear out depending on how much you offroad.

#419027 - 02/06/05 04:24 PM Re: Suspension question?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Hmmm...the X can be lifted 3" w/o messing things up, but the lift you want includes steering parts that compensate for the lift and larger tires.

You could also compromise and raise it a little bit....to "adjust the ride" a bit, rather than officially installing a lift.

Do about 1.5",.... just a set of longer shackles (The same ones used for 1/2 of the rear 3" lift), and crank the t-bars a bit to raise the front end about 1.5" to match the rear....then just get a wheel alignment, and see how that works for you. Its about $50 for the shackles + alignment....pretty damn reasonable, and half of the height a "Lift" would give you. (This is a PML or poor man's lift)

laugh

You could then get a 2" Body Lift (About $165-ish)...which doesn't mess up the steering, affect the suspension or raise the center of gravity significantly....

That gives you 3.5" of additional height, and no mechanical issues....and, lets you fit 33's with some trimming of plastic.

laugh

You could then upgrade the shocks to long travel (The ones for the 3" lift) Bilsteins...it will ride and handle better, and improve your wheel travel off road too.

And upgrade the steering with a kit (Works lifted or stock height....and braces you against big tire issues to come...

You at this point are running pretty well equipped...3.5" taller from the BL/PML, and another 1.5-2" taller from the 33's...giving you around 5+" additional height, 3" more ground clearance, and a much bigger tire footprint/traction advantage.

Get some sliders, skidplates, etc...and you are a big dog.

laugh

(Is a build-up path...nothing is wasted, and you can add stuff as you have the time/$)

If down the road you are old enough to do what you want to w/o needing Dad's clearance...and/or have shown your truck to be reliable, etc...all you have to add are some AAL and UCA to get the other 1.5" that gives you the full 3" SL "Lift".

laugh

Whatcha think?

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#419028 - 02/06/05 05:29 PM Re: Suspension question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

64 absolutely retarded posts and counting... How many is it going to take guys???

#419029 - 02/06/05 06:32 PM Re: Suspension question?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Oh come on, he's a kid...you gotta let him be....he'll grow up some day....why rush him?

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#419030 - 02/06/05 06:47 PM Re: Suspension question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bet he's a bored Jeeper who's successfully clogging up our boards. Even the 16 year olds here exhibit a much higher level of intelligence. I am going to back out now. Don't want to feed the hungry little trolls any more.

#419031 - 03/06/05 08:22 PM Re: Suspension question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

dang wat is your guys problem i was just asking questions, i am new to this crap, i don't know all this stuff about cars i was just askin questions if u don't wanna answer them then don't and move on! I didn't know that i was make poeple mad i though this is wat u were supposed to do is ask questions and stuff! Watever sorry for watever i did! [ThumbsDown]

#419032 - 03/06/05 08:24 PM Re: Suspension question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man why do u gotta give me a hard time i was just tryin to aslk some questions, THIS IS A FORUM U KNOW!!!!! [Smoking]

#419033 - 03/06/05 08:29 PM Re: Suspension question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why u talkin crap Clifton bailey [ThumbsDown]

U gotta a problem lets here it man, right now!

I am sick of it [ThumbsDown]

#419034 - 07/06/05 02:36 PM Re: Suspension question?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aight fine, sorry for annoyiing everybody, Will not happen again, Sorry! frown

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal