2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#419278 - 08/08/07 11:54 PM xterra body lift on a fronty
Anonymous
Unregistered

some one has probally asked it before but i couldn't find it.

will a 2" BL for a 2000 Xterra fit on an '04 fronty?

on 4x4parts they are a different price and part number

thanks in advance

#419279 - 09/08/07 07:44 AM Re: xterra body lift on a fronty
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am pretty sure that it will NOT work. My buddy just did a BL on his Fronty and it had pucks that are much thinner than an Xterra's.

#419280 - 12/08/07 04:29 PM Re: xterra body lift on a fronty
Anonymous
Unregistered

A 2" lift is a 2" lift. The pucks will be 2" tall for both or it would not be a 2" lift. What could be different is the number of pucks and the number of/or lengths of the body bolts. Go to ebay and search for body lift blocks, company sportztrailers. They sell them separately, then get you own bolts. A LOT less than a kit purchase.

#419281 - 12/08/07 06:10 PM Re: xterra body lift on a fronty
Anonymous
Unregistered

well the thing is i have a 2" BL for my xterra sitting at my house
and my friend has an '04 fronty that is in need of a 2" BL so if i can just give him mine than it would be perfect.

#419282 - 14/08/07 12:25 AM Re: xterra body lift on a fronty
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well will it really work if the pucks are different sizes? That is a question that I am not sure of. But I am thinking no. When you do the BL the only thing that you take off are the bolts and the pucks fit right on top of those rubber bumper things. If the rubber bumper things on the Frontier are 1" (there are) and the pucks for the X are 3" x 2" (they are) then you need a couple of different pucks. So no, you do have to add a few. I agree though, go to Sportztrailers and to Fastenal and be set. -James

#419283 - 14/08/07 01:02 PM Re: xterra body lift on a fronty
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Well, one is a pick-up truck, with a bed...and one is an SUV...so the placement, and number of pucks, the depth of the mount locations, etc...will probably be different from the front cab back.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#419284 - 14/08/07 08:20 PM Re: xterra body lift on a fronty
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wake up! the pucks are the SAME size for the Fronty and the Xterra. 2" tall for the 2" lift, 3" tall for the 3" lift. The only difference is the number of pucks (12 for the Fronty and 10 for the Xterra) and the number and length of bolts (obviously you need 10 bolts for the Fronty and 12 bolts for the Xterra) but I can't tell you the length. Take the old ones off one side, keep them in order and go buy some 2" longer...grade 8 either metric or fine thread US. I know I bought some for both my Fronty and Xterra from the above ebay vender and went down and bought US standard fine thread bolts....worked like a champ.

#419285 - 15/08/07 04:26 AM Re: xterra body lift on a fronty
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by bru15:
Wake up! the pucks are the SAME size for the Fronty and the Xterra. 2" tall for the 2" lift, 3" tall for the 3" lift. The only difference is the number of pucks (12 for the Fronty and 10 for the Xterra) and the number and length of bolts (obviously you need 10 bolts for the Fronty and 12 bolts for the Xterra) but I can't tell you the length. Take the old ones off one side, keep them in order and go buy some 2" longer...grade 8 either metric or fine thread US. I know I bought some for both my Fronty and Xterra from the above ebay vender and went down and bought US standard fine thread bolts....worked like a champ.
IE: Exactly as I stated...different number of pucks, with different mounting depths, etc.

laugh

It doesn't sound like too hard a transition though...pretty straight forward.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal