shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#420231 - 30/09/04 09:52 AM UCA's Choices
Canadian5150 Offline

This question is to all that have installed aftermarket UCA's.

As far as I know there are three different companies that offer aftermarket UCA's. SLR, AC and Calmini.

All are similar in design, and similar in price...

What do you recomend ?

#420232 - 30/09/04 10:10 AM Re: UCA's Choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

A lot of the people here use Calmini and a few use SLR. I personally am saving for Calmini...I have never heard a bad thing about them except for an occasional squeak.

#420233 - 30/09/04 11:11 AM Re: UCA's Choices
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Well, by "similar in design" you mean in what they accomplish, yeah, they're all similar. But there are two different ways to build 'em. Calmini builds theirs from plate steel, and SLR's econo arms are too. The AC arms and SLR's original arms are made from tubular steel.

If you're just looking at replacing the UCAs, they're all pretty much equal. I think all have had an issue at one time or another with an owner being unable to get a proper alignment with them because they were made too long or too short, but it's rare.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#420234 - 30/09/04 11:19 AM Re: UCA's Choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the tubular or the plate steel better?

#420235 - 30/09/04 11:22 AM Re: UCA's Choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tube would be lighter.. Plate would be stronger, mainly due to the shorter leverage on the ends, due to the plate filling the open air space on the tube style.. I am getting the ac for now, as they already have the zercs installed.. If they ever have isues, other then first allignment, i will retire them and buy calmini.. If they go the distance, then lighter is better..

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal