shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#420296 - 05/06/01 12:13 PM OME shock kit
Bayou Boy Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I found an Old Man Emu shock kit on Overlander Outfitters' site a little while ago. $300

They also have a Tokico kit listed. I think it's around $275.

Just thought someone would be interested.

------------------

#420297 - 05/06/01 12:41 PM Re: OME shock kit
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Very recently, Overlander was selling the wrong Tokico shock as an Xterra model. Last we heard, long after Overlander put "Xterra" models up on their site, Tokico had not finished R&D on a model specifically for the Xterra.
I just checked the Tokico site, and they now have part numbers for Xterra-specific shocks and springs, so make sure you're getting the correct model from Overlander. Odds are they're still selling the wrong item.

Don't know about the OME shocks, but I'd err on the side of caution with Overlander.

Brent

------------------
I am Jeffrey Dahmer of Borg. You will be assimilated piece by piece. -- me

[This message has been edited by OffroadX (edited 06-05-2001).]

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#420298 - 05/06/01 06:51 PM Re: OME shock kit
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Brents right about the Tokico situation. I contacted Overlander awhile ago and they told me they were not the Xterra shocks. One of the guys in our club has the OME shocks and seems happy with them, but with the Wonderful Bilsteins out now for about $60 less (I think) from SLR, I would have to wonder why anyone would want anything else? Seriously, they're everything you would ever expect from Bilstien, which means they're awesome!

------------------
ChuckH
2000 SE 4x4, Aztec Red

[This message has been edited by ChuckH (edited 06-05-2001).]

#420299 - 06/06/01 05:38 PM Re: OME shock kit
Bayou Boy Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I wasn'y buying a set of either. I just wanted to throw this out there b/c nobody had posted it. I know a lot of people have good things to say about OME.

------------------

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal