shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#420310 - 02/02/05 08:49 AM Air Lift suspension
Blown-X Offline

Loc: Arizona
Just curious if anybody has installed this type of system on an X yet. I asked about air shocks before and since NOBODY makes an airshock for the Xterra I thought that maybe this might be an option to look into. I do towing at least 10 times a year and it would be nice to have a level load insteda of the usual squat that we X owners have come accustom to. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Air Lift Suspension

#420311 - 04/02/05 06:35 AM Re: Air Lift suspension
Anonymous
Unregistered

Air shocks are made for every vehicle. You just need to know how to find them. Instead of asking for vehicle specific, try looking in the back of the book. I have found that shocks made for a Toyota worked great on my old Nissan. Look at the mounts on the factory shocks, and match them up with a pair. As for the air bags they would be a much better choice. Better ride and can hold more weight, just be ready to pay a higher dollar amount. They might also require drilling or welding to the frame.

#420312 - 04/02/05 05:04 PM Re: Air Lift suspension
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by DUBOVAL:
Instead of asking for vehicle specific, try looking in the back of the book. I have found that shocks made for a Toyota worked great on my old Nissan. Look at the mounts on the factory shocks, and match them up with a pair. They might also require drilling or welding to the frame.
True! Five years ago when the X came out we all used Bilstien shocks made for the Toyota Tacoma. Now Bilstien carries shocks specifically for the X. You'll just have to do your research to see what fits.

-Rick

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal