2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#421342 - 01/01/08 12:14 PM Bilstein Choice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got a 2002 X. I have noticed that it has a boat like drive to it. It moves all over the place, especially on the highway. I put new tires on it and had it alligned. I believe it is the shocks. I am looking at putting on some bilsteins. Does anyone know the differnce between the HDs and the Nismo tuned T1s? Could the floating feeling when driving be something else? Thanks.

#421343 - 02/01/08 12:31 AM Re: Bilstein Choice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2003 with Bilstein HDs in the rear. (SLR never sent me the fronts)

The stock shocks wouldn't rebound after compressed. One shock rebounded hours later, the other one has not rebounded after 4 days.

The boat-like feel is definitely gone, most of my dissatisfaction in the truck's suspension was in the rear, and now with the Bilsteins, I am absolutely happy. Swaying has been reduced to a very minimum(after it is still a truck), and the rear feels so much more solid going over bumps and curbs.

#421344 - 02/01/08 06:53 AM Re: Bilstein Choice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2002 x and mine drives straight as an arrow and feels very solid even before new shocks...... I just put on new front bils and the old ones stayed compresed when i compresed them together.

My ride is smoother with the new ones. But the ride wasn't that bad before them..........So you being all over the road and stuff maybe something else is wrong!

#421345 - 02/01/08 08:59 AM Re: Bilstein Choice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd say the floating is in the steering you mean? Common Nissan problem. Centerlink, idler arm, or tie rods would be to blame for that. If you mean boat like it's really wavy when you drive, then yes, your shocks are probably in need of replacing.

#421346 - 02/01/08 09:11 PM Re: Bilstein Choice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have read a lot of posts about putting shocks on and it does seem to tough in the first generation, so I am going to give it a shot. Thanks for the help all.

#421347 - 07/01/08 03:47 AM Re: Bilstein Choice
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is not difficult technically, but some elbow grease will need to be applied. Some to get the old shocks off, and some to get the new ones on.

#421348 - 07/01/08 08:10 PM Re: Bilstein Choice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I put HD 5100's all around, much better, especially on washboard type roads, that's where I really notice it. And railroad tracks. And thawing pavement in MI. laugh

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal