shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#422304 - 19/04/05 04:55 PM NISMO shocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which are better? Bilsteins or Nismo? Nismo are made by Bilstein but cost like $35 more each than standard Bilsteins...So what is the difference?

#422305 - 19/04/05 05:16 PM Re: NISMO shocks
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
They are grey with a black boot instead of yellow with blue boots, they say NISMO and they cost $35 dollars more.

That's the difference.

#422306 - 19/05/05 05:50 PM Re: NISMO shocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

ditto, the only differnce is the name . Is that worth 35?

#422307 - 23/05/05 05:37 PM Re: NISMO shocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
They are grey with a black boot instead of yellow with blue boots, they say NISMO and they cost $35 dollars more.

That's the difference.
The bils I got are silver with a black boot.

#422308 - 23/05/05 07:08 PM Re: NISMO shocks
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The manufacturer's can make more than one line of shocks, and sell up or down market applicaitons under various private lables, so just because Nismos are made by Bilstein doesn't mean they are the same, better, or worse.

I have the Bils, they're great...and a known entity. The Nismo's I have not enough experience with to know if they are comparable performance or endurance wise.

There's a chance that the Nismos are better in some aspect that costs more money, or that they are just marking up the cost from Bilstein.

Myself, I'd get the Bils just because they work, and are cheaper....well, I did actually, silver with black boots too in case we're keeping count.

laugh

Normally, If I was curious enough, I'd just dumpster dive a speed shop, and grab some to cut open and compare....then you see where the $ went...marketing, or metal.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal