2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42290 - 20/07/02 10:47 PM tornado fuel saver!
flowbee Offline

anyone seen this advertised in the infomercials or on asseenontv? I know very little about engines so i wanted to get someones opinion on it. Im guessing its a total rip-off but what do you think about putting one in to my xterra?

#42291 - 20/07/02 11:26 PM Re: tornado fuel saver!
Miikkaa Offline

Loc: Central New Jersey, United Sta...
Quote:
Originally posted by flowbee:
anyone seen this advertised in the infomercials or on asseenontv?
...like your namesake?? Talk about a 'bad hair day'!! wink Just kiddin' man. The item in question has popped up on here a few times and the greater view agree it is not worth the trouble (A 'search' in the archives should help if further inquiry is desired on your part). In short the general rule I follow about performance gizmos is if it is so revolutionary and benificial then why isn't it standard issue from the factory?

Michael AKA Miikkaa

Earth people suck.

#42292 - 21/07/02 02:37 AM Re: tornado fuel saver!
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000853

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001416

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001464

#42293 - 21/07/02 09:38 AM Re: tornado fuel saver!
flowbee Offline

ok thanks, ya learn somethin everyday right?

#42294 - 21/07/02 09:59 AM Re: tornado fuel saver!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Yeah, think about it, a $5 hunk of metal is going to make a 10% or better increase in mileage and power. Suurrre. Better not let Nissan, GM, Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc. in on it, they might actually put them in their vehicles at the factory and satisfy their customers and the EPA!

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#42295 - 21/07/02 04:31 PM Re: tornado fuel saver!
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Hehe. I have this argument with my brother all the time because he has one of those in his V-10 Excursion. He swears by it since he went from a hair over 6mpg to 7mpg after installation. Assuming that's true, it actually pays for itself after a while. Though, as we all know, terrain and driving habits can have a greater overall on mileage effect than a piece of metal.

#42296 - 28/07/02 06:42 PM Re: tornado fuel saver!
amievil250 Offline

Loc: illinois
I jokingly asked my friend about the tornado and he said to give him the $80 and he'll kick me in the "nuts". That's about how much performance I'll get. I'm all about getting hp gains even if they're minimal as long as hp is being gained at a low cost price. But some things are a joke and as long as manufacturers can show a gain with tons of equipment to set things in perfect motion the companies can stay in business and not lose a lawsuit.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal