shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#422966 - 04/08/07 10:07 PM 2" BL
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is a good site to buy a 2" BL? I found one on auto anything, but I had a buddy who had some issues with something he ordered on there so I am a little leary. One that comes with the bumper relocation brackets and gap gaurds would be good. Along with the BL I plan on doing the shackles in the rear along with the T bar crank. Anyone had any issues with the T bar crank and the ball joints? I read on here to go 1.5" on the T bars with the 3" shackles. Am I on track? Thanks.

#422967 - 05/08/07 01:18 AM Re: 2" BL
Anonymous
Unregistered

4x4parts.com has both a good 2in BL and shackles. I ordered both of mine from there and got great service. Very fast too.

#422968 - 05/08/07 04:05 PM Re: 2" BL
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Yeah - that site's fine....you will need to order the lift lips and relocation bracket on the side though...doesn't come as one kit option, etc.

Keep in mid that the relocation bracket is a cheap piece designed to raise the bumper cosmetically, but not structurally...as in in an accident, you are toasted/unprotected.

The Lift Lips actually DO keep mud and water spray out of the engine compartment pretty well...and do cover the gap...but are not a straight forward install, as the holes don't all line up...so you need to punch some holes through them where body holes need attachement, etc.

-------

The PML involves raising the front 1.5" by cranking the t-bars....and adding rear shackles that are 3" longer than stock...to raise the rear a matching 1.5".

---------

The CV angles and so forth are ok with even a 3" lift...let alone a PML...because the droop is limited by the upper bumpstops. (It can't droop further...or have any remaing downtravel, if its already ON the bumpstops...)

The upper bumpstop stops droop...when doing the PML T-Bar crank - you need to leave a 1/2" - 3/4" gap/clearance on the upper bumpstops for that reason.

All a PML is doing is pre-drooping the front suspension....so there is no difference in CV angles on a fully drooped stock X, or a fully drooped PML'd X.

Hope that Helps!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#422969 - 05/08/07 08:20 PM Re: 2" BL
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal