shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423216 - 09/03/08 07:33 AM pml & sway bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

With a pml do I need to remove the rear sway bar? yes or no and why??? confused

#423217 - 09/03/08 07:46 AM Re: pml & sway bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, you do not HAVE to remove the rear sway bar. If you do, you will have more up and down movement of the rear axle which is why people like to remove the sway bar. It's also said that the rear sway bar is a bad design and can slap your rear shock causing damage. If you don't off road I'd keep it on. My reasoning for keeping it on is that in case of a roll over I'd be worried as to what an insurance adjuster may say if there is no sway bar. So it is your call as to wether or not you'd prefer to keep the sway bar on or not.

#423218 - 09/03/08 12:37 PM Re: pml & sway bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
No, you do not HAVE to remove the rear sway bar. If you do, you will have more up and down movement of the rear axle which is why people like to remove the sway bar. It's also said that the rear sway bar is a bad design and can slap your rear shock causing damage. If you don't off road I'd keep it on. My reasoning for keeping it on is that in case of a roll over I'd be worried as to what an insurance adjuster may say if there is no sway bar. So it is your call as to wether or not you'd prefer to keep the sway bar on or not.
But if you don't remove it there is no sence in doing a pml. And like he said if you dont off road you don't need to remove it. But if you dont off road you don't need a pml either....

I removed my rear sway bar and you can't tell as far as ride, But as far as articulation there is a big differance. Oh and to take advantage of the PML you will need extended leignth shocks.And remove the rear sway bar.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal